ADVERTISEMENT

Predict UK seed today for NCAA

Feb 9, 2011
Okay, everyone knows that 13 through 16 does not happen for power 5 teams. I think there have been a couple of exceptions. So, 12 or out are the choices at the bottom. Also, everyone knows that a one or two seed isn't happening. Technically if they ran the table they could get a two though I guess. Not based on how UK has played so far, but based on where you think they'll end up using the Benny lineup. What seed will Kentucky be on selection Sunday?

As we vote today realize Kentucky is in the first four out on bracket matrix.

I think the team has improved and with no injuries will be a 5 seed. I think a three isn't impossible right now. I think the Benny lineup eliminates the NIT.

This thread only counts if the Benny lineup doesn't have major injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueSince92
Okay, everyone knows that 13 through 16 does not happen for power 5 teams. I think there have been a couple of exceptions. So, 12 or out are the choices at the bottom. Also, everyone knows that a one or two seed isn't happening. Technically if they ran the table they could get a two though I guess. Not based on how UK has played so far, but based on where you think they'll end up using the Benny lineup, and this thread only counts if the Benny lineup doesn't have major injuries.

What seed will Kentucky be on selection Sunday?

As we vote today realize Kentucky is in the first four out on bracket matrix.

I think the team has improved and with no injuries will be a 5 seed. I think a three isn't impossible right now. I think the Benny lineup eliminates the NIT.
Doesn't make any difference where we're seeded. Because we will have that game in the round of 32 or the Sweet-16 where we go 3-20 from 3 point range & 8-19 at the foul line & lose a 1 or 2 point game. That's the way it is under Calipari our players confidence will be so shattered by the time March comes around that they won't be able to throw the ball in the ocean if they were standing on the beach.

I think they may have turned the corner more than others think. I can be very wrong. There are analytics out there that say we have the best offense in the nation with the Benny lineup. Having a basketball hoover cleaning up many mistakes in the middle makes a lot of difference.
That could very well be the case, the KU game will speak volumes and early games in the SECT will be key as well. We will have to win a couple there to hold any ground we make up between now and then. Still looking for 1 or 2 players to step up their game

8 seed playing for National #9.
But, seriously I just want to make the tournament, and going into this year I would have never thought about that issue.

Reactions: Oldbluefart
Looking into my crystal ball, I'll say 6 or 7. If I can only pick one...then 6...as of today.

And for the future poster that drags this thread back up in March, remember, the predictions people are making is based on where UK is AT THIS MOMENT!

Last edited:
Heard DeCoursey on Leach Report saying a #7 is realistic.

Considering the Benny lineup is likely to keep playing (from Cals mouth- heard that on LR today too), I'm rolling with a #5-#6.

CJ and Reeves aren't even shooting all that great yet. If we can get those two rolling I think we can be damn good for rest of year.

All of the above stated I could see us anywhere from 5-10 easily.

I think they may have turned the corner more than others think. I can be very wrong. There are analytics out there that say we have the best offense in the nation with the Benny lineup. Having a basketball hoover cleaning up many mistakes in the middle makes a lot of difference.

Yeah and with floor spread he doesn't have a guy leaning on him, another climbing him and another pulling him down by the shoulders.

If CJ and Reeves start shooting we may be able to make a serious serious run and I don't mean Swt 16.

My prediction is a 6 seed with 10-11 losses but 3-4 good wins by seasons end. Realistically anything from a 4-10 seed is possible IMO.

To get any higher than a 4 we couldn’t lose more than 2 more and I don’t see a road where that happens.
They would probably have to win the SEC tourney and have only 2-3 more losses to get a four

I’m thinking a 6

I’m predicting what I think it WILL be when the time comes. If they were doing it today, I’d say 11.

Last edited:
Win the one's you're supposed to win, beat Kansas, and steal a couple of road games in February and March and we can still get a 6 or 7 seed.

12 seed right now. The loss to South Carolina will hurt us by 1-2 seed lines.

I still think our home loss to Evansville would have put us at or 3-4 seed during that 2019-20 season. Everyone was thinking 2 seed. We won the SEC and 25 games but that loss was awful. You get punished for those.

I think if we get in this loss will hurt us… and it should!

If I’m predicting today then I still say we are out. If he continues to play the lineup that he has that we beat UT with and that he played in the 2nd half of Georgia then we will be in. I think that the “ Benny “ lineup can get us in as a ceiling 6.

7 unfortunately to start but make the elite 8 because thats the true makeup of this team

That's cute.
Why is it cute. They are playing better, have found a lineup that works. They are still extremely limited, but have enough opportunities to where they can get a 6 seed. I’ve been as down on this team as antibody on here, but they aren’t as bad as we all act like, now they aren’t Kentucky usual standards no doubt but this team with the change in mindset should make the tournament now

If it was today we obviously won't be in. But we can play to a 9 seed first round exit. Just beating ut won't get you in guys. Joe is wrong here.

So, me who is supposed to be super negative is actually a pumper.

This is going to be like when J-Roc realized he was a Caucasian.

I think you guys are missing that this team has actually turned a corner. And I agree we'll go three for 28 from free throw line some game and end the season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT