ADVERTISEMENT

2/26 Bracket Matrix (5 seed)

This is usually the most accurate bracket group or they get close
Yeah, that's what most seem to say so worth paying attention to. I really hope we can at least move up to a 4 seed and would love the outside shot of a 3 seed. Just need to keep winning and root for those ahead to lose of course. A Baylor loss tonight would be a small step in the right direction.

Reactions: Cats192
Yeah, that's what most seem to say so worth paying attention to. I really hope we can at least move up to a 4 seed and would love the outside shot of a 3 seed. Just need to keep winning and root for those ahead to lose of course. A Baylor loss tonight would be a small step in the right direction.
A 3 just seems really hard to get now, a 4 Kentucky can get

Reactions: mcwildcats04
A 3 just seems really hard to get now, a 4 Kentucky can get
The difference between the 2 seeds and 5 seeds is small this year, between 3 and 5 is tiny, between 4 and 5 is minuscule. Because they are all losing games every week or two. Any power 5 too 20 team if they can not lose in next 3 weeks would get a 3 if not a 2. I think we could even lose 1 and get a 3.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
The difference between the 2 seeds and 5 seeds is small this year, between 3 and 5 is tiny, between 4 and 5 is minuscule. Because they are all losing games every week or two. Any power 5 too 20 team if they can not lose in next 3 weeks would get a 3 if not a 2. I think we could even lose 1 and get a 3.
Probably would need to be at UT I would just assume. Don't think we're getting a 3 if we lose any of our other remaining regular season games (obviously no bad loss in SECT either).

You really wanna climb to a 3 at least. Avoid the 1s as long as possible plus 4 seed and 5 seed has less than ideal opening round locations most of the time (which prob contributes to some 12/5 upsets).

A 3 seed and depending where on the line you could get a reasonable good location

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Probably would need to be at UT I would just assume. Don't think we're getting a 3 if we lose any of our other remaining regular season games (obviously no bad loss in SECT either).
But if it weren’t at UT, thst would mean we won at UT and then beat something like Miss St and UT and Alabama in SEC-T. That would be 6 total wins vs NET top 10.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
Only road to a 3 is to win out the regular season and hope for a couple stumbles by others ahead of us in the NET.

Because this is the NCAA selection committee we're talking about, we'll probably also will need a strong showing in the SECT (pre-championship game because we know that means nothing) to keep the 3, or be a HIGH 3 for good bracket and region.

Last edited:
Just think there are to many teams above Uk for them to get a 3, a 4 is for sure in play if they take care of business

We're up to a 5 seed now on the current Bracket Matrix:

2/26 Bracket Matrix
It's so funny to me Palm has us as a 5. You think ok, but the other 5s are Clemson, Witch. St and WIS who is 2-5 in their last 7 and not to strong competition. One loss is to 8-20 Michigan lol. Those teams should not be any where close to us. Anyone with a brain can see that.

Two of those teams are Auburn and Alabama. One we beat on their court, one we demolished by over 20. We don't deserve to be ranked over them today. But if we can get closer, well get ”bonus” points. Lot of that seeding is done by comparing teams in a group. Like a ramp, if we can jump 4 teams we could end up 6 spots higher.

Seeding doesn’t matter as long as Calipari is the HC! The guy still won’t start and play his most productive lineup the most minutes, which translates to, he doesn’t give AF about actually winning anything that matters!

The first game in the tournament that UK is the betting favorite, Cal will gift “Vegas” yet again! Watch…

Just think there are to many teams above Uk for them to get a 3, a 4 is for sure in play if they take care of business
Look at the season, every week the past 7-8 weeks, half of those teams lose. In addition all but 5 P5 schools have to lose conf-T week. If you look at how many have just won 4 in a row, you can count them on one hand. The resume of #20 is only different from #5 by 2 games at most.

It’s a big task to go 6-0 or even 6-1, but certainly doable.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
More often than not, the best team does not win the title. But I think more often is a 1 or 2 seed.

Yep. It all goes back to the whole "you can in most years pick 6-8 teams and be reasonably confident the title winner is coming from that group. You won't know which one of those teams will win but more than likely it's one of them"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT