ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA TOURNAMENT THREAD (FRIDAY)

Before everyone gets too excited, remember that Bryce went 0-18 in the SEC at one point in his career. Granted, that was at Vandy but he's had to rehab himself since that time.

When we get knocked out my interest in this tournament goes down like 90%. Looking ahead, I think the brackets are opening up for the top seeds to plow their way to the Final Four. I could see this bracket getting pretty chalk going forward.

Before everyone gets too excited, remember that Bryce went 0-18 in the SEC at one point in his career. Granted, that was at Vandy but he's had to rehab himself since that time.

When we get knocked out my interest in this tournament goes down like 90%. Looking ahead, I think the brackets are opening up for the top seeds to plow their way to the Final Four. I could see this bracket getting pretty chalk going forward.
I'm rooting for UConn, Houston, and Arizona, and I guess Purdue, to stay alive as long as UNC, Duke, and UT are still playing. Absolutely do not want any of UNC, Duke, or UT to win it all. I can live with Houston, Arizona and Purdue and I hate UConn but they are worst case scenario if I need someone to knock out those other teams.

I'm rooting for UConn, Houston, and Arizona, and I guess Purdue, to stay alive as long as UNC, Duke, and UT are still playing. Absolutely do not want any of UNC, Duke, or UT to win it all. I can live with Houston, Arizona and Purdue and I hate UConn but they are worst case scenario if I need someone to knock out those other teams.

I can easily see UConn running through this tournament with 10+ point wins like UNC in 2009 if a few more things in the bracket open. They probably won't get a substantial challenge until Iowa State (assuming the Cyclones get that far).

I'd love to see Kelvin Sampson win a title. I'd love to have him here but his age is what makes that a concern. He's taken a program that everyone saw as a historical footnote and juvenated it into a national power.

Crazy that Tennessee and A&M are the last SEC teams standing are just round 1. Flat out embarrassing for this "powerful" SEC we kept hearing about all year. Only the Mountain West was a bigger fraud in games but maybe you could see SEC as worse because we got some top seeds and squandered them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT