POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like to submit tonight as evidence that Generic Republican would be performing much better in this race than Trump is.

But blah blah Rubio is robotic blah blah

Of course he won.. he was poised and wasn't a bitch.

Any Lib who thinks Kaine won/likes Kaine better is delusional. I can get behind each side not liking Trump or Hillary.. there's no shortage of reasons.. But Kaine was your typical smug and rude politician, who looks like he made a career out of talking.

Reactions: UPSCat4080
This moderator is the worst I have ever witnessed. Not only because she is biased, but the witch can't control anything and has the dumbest questions for someone who is supposed to be a high level journalist.

I'm not watching it but apparently Chris Matthews said Pence won tonight.
Matthews is correct, of course, but he's thinking strategically. He'll toss the Donald a bone (and it's easy to do when Pence obviously won tonight) in a VP debate that is not going to move the polls either way, so he can hopefully be perceived to be objective when he supports Hillary in every other respect, including past and future debates.

On the other hand, maybe he is actually being honest and objective, and just calling it as he saw it. After that show, it's hard to say anything else. Pence did a great job just letting the public watch Kaine at his "best".

What cracks me up is the things you all are saying about why Kaine lost are exactly how DT is. Rude, interrupts, looks angry etc. You basically just got a view of how Dems see DT. But since Kaine's a Dem it's just 'unbelievable' [roll]

And while Pence is talking about Dems throwing insults, DT tweets them. Good stuff

Only saw part of it, but my guess is the Clinton team wasn't interested in Kaine winning. Winning the debate probably wasn't the goal. Sounded like he was going for the conventional veep attack dog role. The objective is to attack trump and get mud all over the place, including himself. Don't know if it worked....

Eric Trump just flat roasted Dana Bash and Wolf Blitzer on CNN to the point they both complimented him more than once as he blasted away.

When he pointed out that a few days after Hiliary sold Russia a shit ton of our uranium the foundation received 145M donation from Russia CNN basically went ....CUT!!

So in their first Presidential decision, Trump picks a seasoned, steady handed politician.

Hillary chose Flat top from Dick Tracy.

She had to and this choice was made six or seven years ago. Don't forget DWS was the head of Hillary's 2008 campaign and then was out of a job. Hillary's camp got Kaine to step down as the head of the DNC, then replaced him with DWS who helped rig this whole thing. Now what could she have promised Kaine for this? VP role in 2016? Yeah, so when DWS is exposed as a POS and resigns from the DNC, where does she go? Back to Hillary's campaign.

Democrats are the scum of the earth.

Only saw part of it, but my guess is the Clinton team wasn't interested in Kaine winning. Winning the debate probably wasn't the goal. Sounded like he was going for the conventional veep attack dog role. The objective is to attack trump and get mud all over the place, including himself. Don't know if it worked....
I doubt that it did.

Good thing Pence didn't actually have to defend his record in Indiana. But he's well spoken and a compliment to his race.

I really wish he got to elaborate without Tim Kaine interrupting on the decision that made his suspension of the refugee program unconstitutional.

His point was that the Supreme Court deemed it that because there was no proof yet as to the refugees being terrorists.

But I bet everything I own that once an attack is made on American soil now that they are here that every state beside Cali will suspend that program.

Think about the irony there.

Reactions: UK till Death
I would like to submit tonight as evidence that Generic Republican would be performing much better in this race than Trump is.

But blah blah Rubio is robotic blah blah
Like I said in august, if Kasich were the nominee he would be leading. But every GOP response I received was negative towards Kasich. Pence would be a better candidate, too.
The GOP base just didn't have it in them to nominate an easily electable guy, just consider # 2 was Cruz.

"Kaine should have been himself. I don’t know what the Clintons have done to him. I thought Pence won the debate. It made me very sad,” Rickers told Breitbart News. “I’ve never seen him like that. It’s not the Tim Kaine I know. I can’t believe it. Is that what we have been reduced to? Win at all cost and bring out the hatchet?”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...-won-debate-dont-know-clintons-done-old-boss/

Reactions: UK till Death
oh, he was def trying to bait Pence into dropping some bad soundbites

"Kaine should have been himself. I don’t know what the Clintons have done to him. I thought Pence won the debate. It made me very sad,” Rickers told Breitbart News. “I’ve never seen him like that. It’s not the Tim Kaine I know. I can’t believe it. Is that what we have been reduced to? Win at all cost and bring out the hatchet?”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...-won-debate-dont-know-clintons-done-old-boss/
holy sh!t i wish i hadn't noticed your avatar

Like I said in august, if Kasich were the nominee he would be leading. But every GOP response I received was negative towards Kasich. Pence would be a better candidate, too.
The GOP base just didn't have it in them to nominate an easily electable guy, just consider # 2 was Cruz.

No it wasn't. I supported John Kasich, simply because of two reasons: (1) he was the most qualified candidate for the republican nomination since like, forever and (2) he would have dominated Hillary in 1 on 1 debates.

It is both a sad and very perplexing reality that the party showed, at best, pedestrian interest in Gov. Kasich. He truthfully has only two flaws that could hurt him as a candidate. One is factual, that he supported the 1994 temporary (10-year) assault weapons ban. The other is perceptual, that he can be cast in the image of a religious zealot. It is possible that the latter of these two concerns may lead to the nature of why Kasich did not "come to light" as a legitimate party-supported candidate, as through his principles / convictions he has made open remarks which are anything but anti-refugee in the sense of the current concerns.

But much of why John Kasich did not emerge as a strong candidate is the fault of John Kasich. Perhaps he actually thought by not participating in the steady bursts of back-and-forth rancor, rancor which contributed so much to why Trump, Rubio and Cruz remained most visible, he could somehow distinguish himself before any end came to him. He was wrong.

However, he did make (or re-make) a name for himself. And today, people are not saying "if Rubio was the nominee he would . . ." and they are not saying "if Cruz was the nominee he would be . . " No. The October could-have-been musings seem to be about John Kasich and John Kasich alone. And should he decide around this time in 2019? . . . these Kasich musings may endure.

Reactions: Atrain7732
Clinton is barely beating the least supported nominee in modern history. There were several Rs that would've beaten her - not just Kasich. Funny, the Republicans were always the "disciplined" ones. Always in the end nominated the right guy. This year, rank and file just said, screw you, we're sick of it all....

No it wasn't. I supported John Kasich, simply because of two reasons: (1) he was the most qualified candidate for the republican nomination since like, forever and (2) he would have dominated Hillary in 1 on 1 debates.

It is both a sad and very perplexing reality that the party showed, at best, pedestrian interest in Gov. Kasich. He truthfully has only two flaws that could hurt him as a candidate. One is factual, that he supported the 1994 temporary (10-year) assault weapons ban. The other is perceptual, that he can be cast in the image of a religious zealot. It is possible that the latter of these two concerns may lead to the nature of why Kasich did not "come to light" as a legitimate party-supported candidate, as through his principles / convictions he has made open remarks which are anything but anti-refugee in the sense of the current concerns.

But much of why John Kasich did not emerge as a strong candidate is the fault of John Kasich. Perhaps he actually thought by not participating in the steady bursts of back-and-forth rancor, rancor which contributed so much to why Trump, Rubio and Cruz remained most visible, he could somehow distinguish himself before any end came to him. He was wrong.

However, he did make (or re-make) a name for himself. And today, people are not saying "if Rubio was the nominee he would . . ." and they are not saying "if Cruz was the nominee he would be . . " No. The October could-have-been musings seem to be about John Kasich and John Kasich alone. And should he decide around this time in 2019? . . . these Kasich musings may endure.
I remember the debate where Kasich differentiated himself from Trump and Cruz by saying 'you can't just break up Mexican families living in America and deport them.' He was very humane in his words, and he dropped in the polls afterwards. That's just one example, but I say again, the GOP base didn't have it in them to nominate an easily electable candidate - which Kasich obviously is.

Kasich would be destroying Hillary. Still hold out hope that he runs again. I like the guy. He was the most sensible Republican in the field.

Whichever candidate ran against hillary would get the msm attack. They didnt because they didn't win. That's why they look so good at this point.

Had kasich won, we'd hear about how he called someone fat in the 10th grade, dumped his prom date, took a tax deduction in the 80s, on and on. It would've been just as bad. Maybe worse because who knows what they've been hiding.

Then people would've said "Trump could do much better!"

Clinton is barely beating the least supported nominee in modern history. There were several Rs that would've beaten her - not just Kasich. Funny, the Republicans were always the "disciplined" ones. Always in the end nominated the right guy. This year, rank and file just said, screw you, we're sick of it all....
sssshhhhh. Stop being a cuck.

[laughing]

Ct-JPLwWYAAmY_e.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT