POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trump has 2 more debates. If he can stay on message, he can win this. The voters want to hear about issues. They know both candidates are flawed beyond belief.

Undecideds want to trust trump. They know everything there is to know about hillary and have thus far not decided to vote for her.

He just needs to calm down, be a bit more civil, hammer home her negatives, and sound just a bit more polished.

Reactions: Bill Derington
Its this simple. People voting for Hillary do not care about her being a criminal. Wikileaks can come out and have proof she had direct involvement in the people who have been killed by the Clinton machine and her supporters will not blink an eye. Trump attacking her at this point is not going to go far.

Kaine did exactly what Dems and the Clintons have effectively done for decades. Mud up the conversation and keep the conversation away from their policies and record.

I am now in the camp that Trump needs to stay out of the mud in this next debate and pin her on her record and policies. Problem is its not in his DNA to do that. The CNN moderators are going to bait him as much as possible regarding his tax return, etc. and let Hillary off the hook yet again. If Trump wants to win this election he has got to go into this as disciplined as he has ever been and stay on message. Very tall order for him to accomplish.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Pissing it away? The election is a month away, he had a bad week where Hillary was able to get away from things that will actually affect the country.
She can't run on policy, she has to revert to mud slinging.
Good lord. What policy has Trump brought forward?
"We're going to do great things..." but never says how he will do any of it.
The closest thing to policy that he has brought forth were tax deductions for child care...and seeing that the poorer 50% of Americans don't pay taxes that means they would see zero benefit. 70% of tax filers take the standard deduction and don't itemize...again making it worthless to most middle class workers. Who would benefit most? High earners. The ones who need it the least.

Nothing in this thread has been more consistent over the years than (fill in the blank clearly Dem poster) voting for (fill in the blank non-nominated GOP candidate) if they would have gotten the opportunity. We saw that in action in 2012 when several (Deeee, blueboy,etc) thought Romney would not get it, claimed they might vote for him, and then eviscerating him all summer after he was nominated.
Before that, John Huntsman would have garnered roughly 99% of the vote if this thread, Matt Jones, etc. were to be believed.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Good lord. What policy has Trump brought forward?
"We're going to do great things..." but never says how he will do any of it.
The closest thing to policy that he has brought forth were tax deductions for child care...and seeing that the poorer 50% of Americans don't pay taxes that means they would see zero benefit. 70% of tax filers take the standard deduction and don't itemize...again making it worthless to most middle class workers. Who would benefit most? High earners. The ones who need it the least.

He went through a detailed economic policy last debate, he actually knows what he's talking about.
His tax cuts are going to affect positively 70-80% of the middle class.

Hillary spoke about miss universe from 20 years ago and Trump called her fat. That was her big moment of the debate, and the shimmy.
Trump has spoken in lengths on immigration and trade deals. Things that actually affect each and everyone of us. Hillary won't take a definitive stand on immigration, which means she won't change a thing, she won't take a stand on refugees, which means status quo, and she says she is now against TPP, I'll bet you any amount of money you want that it's in effect within 18 months of her getting elected.

Hey, but Trump lost money 20 years ago, and he "might" not have paid taxes since then!?!?

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Again, in their first executive decision Trump hit a home run with Pence, and Hillary fizzled out picking someone she owed a favor too.

How much dirt do you think Russia and China have on her? The Uranium deal of Russia's and then the immediate donation to the Clinton foundation, and didn't Willy pardon a Chinese spy and have something to do with Chinese bringing AK-47's into the country?

To add, if you have ever typed "I believe Hillary will do what is in the country's best interest", you cannot be taken seriously, no matter how many thousands of words you type to camouflage.

Wow. I am truly taken aback and hurt that you, Mr Anonymous Message Board Poster, don't really believe me and question my political leanings. I was trying so hard to receive your approval.

But, since you did bring it up. Yes, I believe that HRC will do more what's in the best interest of the country than Trump. And that is really sad to me. Bc whether you, or anyone else, believes it or not I am not a fan of HC. I am sorry I don't share your, and pretty much everyone else on this boards, complete and total faith in a man who IMO has shown ZERO willingness to earn it. That is my opinion and the complete and total reason for my vote this year.

I will also add that, at least for me, the derogatory form of the term democrat doesn't really hold much weight. My grandfather, who was the best person I have ever known, worked in a steel mill in Ashland KY his entire life and pulled the democrat lever up until the end. So, I am sorry if it doesn't offend me to be called a Dem. whether I am one or not. I also often wonder what my grandpa would think about Trump. Can't imagine it would be good.

But JFTR, I voted for W, for McCain & for Romney. So, if in make believe message board land it makes me a Dem that i cannot possibly bring myself to vote for Trump, then so be it. I will accept that.

Atrain, if you vote for her, you're with her. At least own that.

Why exactly are you against him? Our Country is heading into a financial crisis head first. He wants to do something about it, Hillary wants to continue putting it off until it pops. Both models will hurt, but one will be much more painful.
We keep hearing about all the jobs created, fast food jobs aren't good jobs,it's why we see those workers trying to get $15 an hour, you can't raise a family on minimum wage.
Our trade deals have crippled our Country, they all know it, but have too much skin in the game to change it, Trump doesn't.

Russia and China are looking to expand dominance. They see Obama as weak rightfully so, and if we elect Hillary that will be seen as weakness too.

We can't keep electing and doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, it's insanity.

Fair enough. I suppose I am with her, at least in this election. But, whether you agree or not, it is the only decision that makes sense to me given the choices.

I appreciate your opinion and stance regarding Trump. However, I completely disagree that he will do anything to move this nation forward. Far as I can tell, he entered this race to further his "brand" and create more name recognition for himself. And he has, from the beginning, done everything he could to create a "buzz". He has isolated himself from EVERY racial and social group, except for the Middle and Older Age Non College Degree White Guy segment. And I am one of those segment.

This was the exact opposite of the Rep "autopsy" when Romney got his ass handed to him. IMO, Trump will be the downfall of the Rep Party, or at least will split it irrevocably to the point where I don't believe it will ever be viable on a national stage again. Maybe not. I am certainly no pundit.

As far as Russia and China go, Trump has gone out of his way to compliment Putin. It is to the point where Russia is clearly trying to manipulate this race so that Trump may win. That scares me immensely.

I just can't bring myself to be able to vote for the guy. And I will not cop out and vote Johnson. I will do what I have always tried to do-- vote my conscience. And all roads from my conscience lead away from DT.

JMHO.

Jamo and Zuiclyde dancing on the grave of a done deal election.....feel like we've seen that before?

I get your conventional wisdom, but of all elections this is probably the last one to be using definitives.

I mean, one of the candidates just about stroked out on camera.
What's bad is, they actually NEED someone to control their lives. Poor cream puffs.

What's bad is, they actually NEED someone to control their lives. Poor cream puffs.

Keep throwing out generalizations and vague insults there, pal. I graduated from elementary school long ago. Sticks and stones my friend.

I could go on a rant about how all of these Trumpettes are falling over themselves to support and make excuses for every faux pas of a guy who is a lifelong liberal with very liberal stances who saw a nationalist political shift in the country and manipulated it, and its supporters, right under his wing.

But, I don't believe things are so black and white. And I don't think you do either. It is two TERRIBLE choices that we have this race. And there are no easy answers. I don't fancy myself a "taker" or "cream puff" any more than you fancy yourself a gullible rube taken in by a manipulative and slick snake oil salesman.

We are all just trying to do what we feel is best. If everyone agreed and shared the same sentiment the work would be a pretty bland place. Doesn't mean everyone needs to be categorized into "group".

Reactions: fuzz77
always awesome when a new liberal pops up in the thread & delights everyone with paragraph after paragraph carefully and with great pains NOT saying they are a pathetic liberal who will always vote for democrats no matter how slimy or awful, they are just a sad cheerleader for their team no matter what

always awesome when a new liberal pops up in the thread & delights everyone with paragraph after paragraph carefully and with great pains NOT saying they are a pathetic liberal who will always vote for democrats no matter how slimy or awful, they are just a sad cheerleader for their team no matter what

Congrats again on applying the perceived derogatory insult of being a "liberal". I will again point to the fact that the new and shiny hero of the Conservative party is, and as far as I can tell always has been, a dirty stinkin "liberal".

Happy Voting!!

Nothing in this thread has been more consistent over the years than (fill in the blank clearly Dem poster) voting for (fill in the blank non-nominated GOP candidate) if they would have gotten the opportunity. We saw that in action in 2012 when several (Deeee, blueboy,etc) thought Romney would not get it, claimed they might vote for him, and then eviscerating him all summer after he was nominated.
And I personally loved when McCain ran against Obama. All we heard was was how awesome he was from those same people.... Until he won the nomination. Then, it was "well, he has shifted too far right since 2000. Not the same centrist platform".

[sick]

Its this simple. People voting for Hillary do not care about her being a criminal. Wikileaks can come out and have proof she had direct involvement in the people who have been killed by the Clinton machine and her supporters will not blink an eye.
Kind of like the Trump supporters who could watch him shoot someone in Times Square and never stop supporting him.

I like a lot of other people I know realize that Hillary is a terrible candidate and would love to have another choice but see Trump as totally unacceptable. And it isn't a liberal vs conservative thing...Trump isn't anymore conservative than Hillary, his temperament is simply unfit to be POTUS. The man is easier to bait than a bluegill off a boat dock and acts like a 13 yr old middle school bully. Name calling, mocking the disabled, inciting violence is simply unacceptable behavior for a POTUS candidate. Any attempt to paint Hillary as a liar, which she is has to be weighed against the countless lies that Trump has told, the countless people he has stiffed paying for work performed. The thousands of times he has been sued. The complete scams like Trump University and the birther issue where he preyed and played on peoples ambitions and prejudices. Hillary has shown bad judgment at times...you don't take a $916 million net operating loss in one year without making bad judgments. You don't end up in bankruptcy court 4 times without making bad judgments and you don't end up in lawsuits over 3500 times without making some bad judgments.

You are right that Wikileaks could come out with proof of just about anything and it won't change any minds. Just like anything that would come out about Trump not changing the minds of those who support him. Trump supporters would just claim it was all just media bias, wouldn't matter that video evidence validated every claim and proved it all beyond any doubt.

I was trying so hard to receive your approval.

But, since you did bring it up. Yes, I believe that HRC will do more what's in the best interest of the country than Trump.

Definitely trying very hard for some reason. Jesus, try some brevity.

If you use the search function you will see my opinion of Trump. Notice the bolded word above, you have left that out previously. HRC does not care about this country and will not do anything out of her supposed care for it. She will support unchecked immigration, including from the ME. She will continue to be a whore for big banks and certain foreign entities. She will back the education bureaucracy and more EPA restrictions. No proof she will do more out of American's best interest than Trump.

I'll be sure to cite this post when everybody complains after Hillary puts two far-left justices on the bench within her first year
That really is the bottom line to all this mess, IMO. Fully get that the electorate is completely done with people who run saying they'll do certain things and then completely forget those things once they get to DC. Fully get the disgust with politicians and politics. Fully get those who want to throw up their hands and say "what's it matter - they are all the same."

Check.

But there are a few places where they aren't all the same. Appointment of Justices to the Supreme Court is one place. Whichever one wins this time will get to appoint a few, and that will have a direct impact on many things that people care about for at least a generation. Rubio, Kasich, Bush, Fiorino, might have been horrible presidents. But they very likely could/would have beaten Hillary.

Pissing it away? The election is a month away, he had a bad week where Hillary was able to get away from things that will actually affect the country.
She can't run on policy, she has to revert to mud slinging.

Not to mention, this presidential election is like a handicap match with the deck stacked. This would be like Stone Cold in the 90s, having McMahon put the whole roster against him in the match. Trump has to take on the media, moderators, Hillary, her crooked puppets, etc.

Pissing it away? It'd be a miracle if he can pull it off considering everything that is stacked against him. The media runs 24/7 hit pieces on him while ignoring Hillary's massive corruption that is already proven. They'd rather spend an entire news cycle dissecting a Trump tweet, being critical on him using a fork to eat fried chicken or some fat chick from the 90s he was mean to as opposed to being the slightest bit critical of the most corrupt candidate in our nation's history.

Seriously, eff the media and eff Democrats.

Fair enough. I suppose I am with her, at least in this election. But, whether you agree or not, it is the only decision that makes sense to me given the choices.

I appreciate your opinion and stance regarding Trump. However, I completely disagree that he will do anything to move this nation forward. Far as I can tell, he entered this race to further his "brand" and create more name recognition for himself. And he has, from the beginning, done everything he could to create a "buzz". He has isolated himself from EVERY racial and social group, except for the Middle and Older Age Non College Degree White Guy segment. And I am one of those segment.

This was the exact opposite of the Rep "autopsy" when Romney got his ass handed to him. IMO, Trump will be the downfall of the Rep Party, or at least will split it irrevocably to the point where I don't believe it will ever be viable on a national stage again. Maybe not. I am certainly no pundit.

As far as Russia and China go, Trump has gone out of his way to compliment Putin. It is to the point where Russia is clearly trying to manipulate this race so that Trump may win. That scares me immensely.

I just can't bring myself to be able to vote for the guy. And I will not cop out and vote Johnson. I will do what I have always tried to do-- vote my conscience. And all roads from my conscience lead away from DT.

JMHO.

Hillary has MADE deal with Russia as SOS, then taken money in return to the Clinton Foundation. That doesn't scare you?

We all know how Putin acts, do you think he's going to respect Hillary at all after she gets on National stage and calls him a dictator?
Not only that but words are cheap, they mean nothing if your actions are something else.
It's not coincidence that after Obama let Syria walk all over the redline that Russia went into Crimea and then eastern Ukraine. Afterwards they were so concerned about the US they singlehandedly turned the tables on ISIS and the Syrian war.
We have weak leadership on the Dems side, they talk tough but they don't back it up. As Trump has said we need someone with a backbone right now, the world is teetering.

Trump said Putin is a stronger leader than Obama, he is. He has bent Obama over at every turn. From the Ukraine, missiles in Poland, Syria, the Iran deal benefits Russia as they have provided Iran with their technology, they have an ally, and within 10 years Iran will be a nuclear power, and now the sanctions are lifted. That's just awesome negotiating skills.

My grandfather was also a life long Dem, as well as my father, straight ticket every time.
This democrat party isn't the one they knew, the working man is starting to realize that and turning to Trump, that's why he's going to win. Working class people vote in mass

Reactions: drawing_dead
perceived derogatory insult of being a "liberal"

Liberals themselves for the most part acknowledge how toxic the label is as shown by the shift to "progressive". Here is a tip, if you want anyone to believe you are anything near a moderate, type a moderate post. Self-labeling is not believed here more obvious reason.

Wow. You gonna burst a blood vessel there brother. Takin things a little too seriously here. Lighten up.

I will correct two falsehoods in your post tho:

I am not "with her". I am "against him". Big difference in the two whether you recognize that or not. As is evidenced by the avalanche of Rep who are "never Trump".

Second, I never said Kaine won the debate. I think it is pretty clear today that everyone, Dems and pundits included, freely admit Pence was on his game and helped himself, tho maybe not Trump, immensely.

Matter of fact, as I was watching the debate last night I told my friends that if Pence was running at the top of the ticket, I think it is a high probability I would be voting for him.

But, since that is not the situation I will not be voting for his ticket.

You are GD out of your mind. This woman has been in politics forever and hasn't accomplished a damn thing. She hasn't bettered anyone's lives. She's a sociopath who has got rich off of this country and sold us out at the drop of a hat. Her and the DNC's massive corruption is not going to help America. It's fast-tracking its downfall.

You think a woman, who has as many scandals and lies, is bringing in a 550% increase in Muslims, wants to flood us with illegals and is on record of trying to get guns, is going to help America?

Jesus

Last edited:
Liberals themselves for the most part acknowledge how toxic the label is as shown by the shift to "progressive". Here is a tip, if you want anyone to believe you are anything near a moderate, type a moderate post. Self-labeling is not believed here more obvious reason.

What a lot of the pusses on here do, is pretend to be moderate to try and escape criticism. But in reality, they are as left as they come.

How many have done that on here? It's freaking hilarious. "I'm a moderate" (as if they're pretending to be impartial) and then backs every Democrat candidate/talking point while bashing conservatives.

No it wasn't. I supported John Kasich, simply because of two reasons: (1) he was the most qualified candidate for the republican nomination since like, forever and (2) he would have dominated Hillary in 1 on 1 debates.

It is both a sad and very perplexing reality that the party showed, at best, pedestrian interest in Gov. Kasich. He truthfully has only two flaws that could hurt him as a candidate. One is factual, that he supported the 1994 temporary (10-year) assault weapons ban. The other is perceptual, that he can be cast in the image of a religious zealot. It is possible that the latter of these two concerns may lead to the nature of why Kasich did not "come to light" as a legitimate party-supported candidate, as through his principles / convictions he has made open remarks which are anything but anti-refugee in the sense of the current concerns.

But much of why John Kasich did not emerge as a strong candidate is the fault of John Kasich. Perhaps he actually thought by not participating in the steady bursts of back-and-forth rancor, rancor which contributed so much to why Trump, Rubio and Cruz remained most visible, he could somehow distinguish himself before any end came to him. He was wrong.

However, he did make (or re-make) a name for himself. And today, people are not saying "if Rubio was the nominee he would . . ." and they are not saying "if Cruz was the nominee he would be . . " No. The October could-have-been musings seem to be about John Kasich and John Kasich alone. And should he decide around this time in 2019? . . . these Kasich musings may endure.
Don't forget all he did on the campaign trail was stuff his face like a disgusting pig.

He has removed himself from future consideration for President by failing to endorse the nominee.

Maybe he can run as a Demonrat.

Definitely trying very hard for some reason. Jesus, try some brevity.

If you use the search function you will see my opinion of Trump. Notice the bolded word above, you have left that out previously. HRC does not care about this country and will not do anything out of her supposed care for it. She will support unchecked immigration, including from the ME. She will continue to be a whore for big banks and certain foreign entities. She will back the education bureaucracy and more EPA restrictions. No proof she will do more out of American's best interest than Trump.

Sorry I wrote such a Yuuuge 3.5 paragraph response. Of course, you are under no obligation to actually read it. And I think neither of us RGAFF what the other thinks, or at least speaking for myself.

I guess the bottom line is yeah, HRC sucks big time. She is shady as hell. Never denied it. Have always freely admitted it. But, at least I know what I am getting with her. For me, not so much with DT. And I am not willing to risk my business and what is good for this country on a guy whose whole deal is blowing the whole thing up. If I thought he was able to rebuild it again, maybe. But not this guy. Not IMO.

So, let's just agree to disagree.

Reactions: jameslee32
What a lot of the pusses on here do, is pretend to be moderate to try and escape criticism. But in reality, they are as left as they come.

How many have done that on here? It's freaking hilarious. "I'm a moderate" (as if they're pretending to be impartial) and then backs every Democrat candidate/talking point while bashing conservatives.
"Moderate" = Liberal Worm

Reactions: screwduke1
He went through a detailed economic policy last debate
Seeing there was never more than 90 seconds of discussion on anything during the debate, nothing was talked about in detail.

It is also true that most economist say that his "plan" will result in an additional $5T in debt.
Over 50% of wage earners today pay zero or less than zero in federal taxes. Continuing to cut taxes is not a path to prosperity. How many roads must crumble, bridges must fail before people understand that we have to maintain our infrastructure?
The tax code has been largely unchanged since 1984 when the "Trickle Down" supporters controlled things and we started on this path. Over 30+ years it has only resulted in growth at the top, a shrinking in the middle and a explosion of people at the bottom.

Reactions: jameslee32
Youre not going to change anyone's mind, no matter how fair you think your assessment is (Thanks Willy!). Its ok. But its both sides that are crazy, not just one. One thinks there has been 1 terror attack in US history, a few think the US owns the internet and are giving up control :)joy:).

Doesnt matter how many facts you present, minds wont change. This is mudslingin' at its finest. The water is warm, jump on in.

We all have bias. The great thing about this thread is that you genuinely have people that care about our country. Political discourse is the bedrock of our society. People care enough, they hate seeing the things go on, and want to change. All disagreements aside, its great.

Haha.

My quest to seek approval and minimize confrontation has come woefully short, I think.

I suppose the entire "moderate"/"independent" persona I created for myself on an anonymous message board filled with people whom with I have no interaction in any way, except for said message board posts, has failed.

Time to unmask myself as a closet "liberal". Out-foxed once again. I woulda gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

GMAFB. Or maybe, just maybe, things are not so conspiratorial and black and white in real life outside the Paddock. Nope, nevermind that is a crazy assertion.

Please return to the theories that all of the tv media, every moderator, every newspaper, every judge, the FBI, CIA, etc is aligning in a big conspiracy to lose the election for Trump.

And try to forget the truth that the guy has alienated himself from everyone but a small, dedicated group. This will not win the election for him. Which is exactly what the Rep Party said after the 2012 beat down. Instead of moving forward in a moderate way, this is how a big portion of the party has decided to go. Not me. Sorry, but not interested. Maybe it will come back to bite me, who knows. I will take my chances.

Youre not going to change anyone's mind, no matter how fair you think your assessment is (Thanks Willy!). Its ok. But its both sides that are crazy, not just one. One thinks there has been 1 terror attack in US history, a few think the US owns the internet and are giving up control :)joy:).

Doesnt matter how many facts you present, minds wont change. This is mudslingin' at its finest. The water is warm, jump on in.

We all have bias. The great thing about this thread is that you genuinely have people that care about our country. Political discourse is the bedrock of our society. People care enough, they hate seeing the things go on, and want to change. All disagreements aside, its great.

Well said. Agree completely. I fully admit as a newbie to the political threads, I have, and continue to, lose my composure. Pretty easy to see why others would as well, considering the gravity of the stakes. I will attempt to tone down my remarks and keep in mind what you, rightfully, pointed out--both sides are crazy and we all care about our country. Kudos

Seeing there was never more than 90 seconds of discussion on anything during the debate, nothing was talked about in detail.

It is also true that most economist say that his "plan" will result in an additional $5T in debt.
Over 50% of wage earners today pay zero or less than zero in federal taxes. Continuing to cut taxes is not a path to prosperity. How many roads must crumble, bridges must fail before people understand that we have to maintain our infrastructure?
The tax code has been largely unchanged since 1984 when the "Trickle Down" supporters controlled things and we started on this path. Over 30+ years it has only resulted in growth at the top, a shrinking in the middle and a explosion of people at the bottom.

The first 30 minutes of the debate was over economics, which everyone including you said he clearly came out on top.

Listen, those same economists say Hillary won't raise the debt any and the Iraq war would cost a mere 79 billion dollars and Obamacare would be a success. They're hacks, that take nothing else into account except the plan.

Trickle down isn't what has hurt us now, it's that we've sent millions of middle class manufacturing jobs out of the country and not replaced them. It's really that simple, all those jobs in turn create the necessary jobs for the support of them, and on and on. Those workers then pay state and local taxes that in turn pay for infrastructure.
Jesus Christ, Hillary is the one wanting to keep the effing status quo that got us here, and expand it with TPP.

Reactions: UK till Death
The first 30 minutes of the debate was over economics, which everyone including you said he clearly came out on top.

Listen, those same economists say Hillary won't raise the debt any and the Iraq war would cost a mere 79 billion dollars and Obamacare would be a success. They're hacks, that take nothing else into account except the plan.

Trickle down isn't what has hurt us now, it's that we've sent millions of middle class manufacturing jobs out of the country and not replaced them. It's really that simple, all those jobs in turn create the necessary jobs for the support of them, and on and on. Those workers then pay state and local taxes that in turn pay for infrastructure.
Jesus Christ, Hillary is the one wanting to keep the effing status quo that got us here, and expand it with TPP.

I agree with most of what you are saying. I am staunchly against the TPP. It scares me that HRC was so pro-TPP until she saaw her numbers affected. I think DT may be right--she may try and push it thru if elected.

Slightly off topic, however, I heard on the news this week that there is some fairly optimistic news regarding manufacturing in some segments. And this is politically neutral IMO. But, it seems that the wages in China and some other popular manufacturing sites for cheap labor, are not so cheap anymore. When you take the incentive of cheap labor away, many US companies may decide to stay. I think there should be incentives to try and keep these companies here. Do not try to punish them. Incentivize it.

[thumb2] sure killa. You've called every Rep ever mentioned a racist but this one you like and would vote for. Just like you don't like HRC very much but defend every scandal. :okay:

And fails to reply when hes owned on his bullshit facts about terrorism

inciting violence is simply unacceptable behavior for a POTUS candidate.

You just disqualified clinton and almost all dems.

People are beating trump supporters to near death and not a single dem has spoken up. You have entire cities police forces not stepping in for victims.

Reactions: screwduke1
Wow. I am truly taken aback and hurt that you, Mr Anonymous Message Board Poster, don't really believe me and question my political leanings. I was trying so hard to receive your approval.

But, since you did bring it up. Yes, I believe that HRC will do more what's in the best interest of the country than Trump. And that is really sad to me. Bc whether you, or anyone else, believes it or not I am not a fan of HC. I am sorry I don't share your, and pretty much everyone else on this boards, complete and total faith in a man who IMO has shown ZERO willingness to earn it. That is my opinion and the complete and total reason for my vote this year.

I will also add that, at least for me, the derogatory form of the term democrat doesn't really hold much weight. My grandfather, who was the best person I have ever known, worked in a steel mill in Ashland KY his entire life and pulled the democrat lever up until the end. So, I am sorry if it doesn't offend me to be called a Dem. whether I am one or not. I also often wonder what my grandpa would think about Trump. Can't imagine it would be good.

But JFTR, I voted for W, for McCain & for Romney. So, if in make believe message board land it makes me a Dem that i cannot possibly bring myself to vote for Trump, then so be it. I will accept that.
Atrain, it is a shame you won't vote for Trump. He is certainly not your typical candidate in any way, shape or form but that is why he is so popular with a lot of people. He's not of the Washington elite, NOT 'PC', NOT pandering to the media or Wall Street. People are too worried about his temperament. You and most others know he's not going to be some crazy dictator ready to nuke the first country that disagrees with him. Trump is a Patriot and wants to win for the right reason. Hillary is a power hungry crook and the most corrupt person to ever run for office and it's not even close. The trail of corruption goes back to Whitewater and is still going.
I can tell you what is NOT important in the grand scheme of things: calling a shady Miss Universe fat, taking your maximum allowed deductions on your tax returns, tweeting at 3am, having an opinion about the Iraq War as a private citizen and changing your opinion a year later.

Reactions: Atrain7732
Is it the Clinton campaign position that Clinton should get praise for getting our troops out of Iraq, but the vacuum that led to ISIS was George Bush's fault for negotiating the agreement to leave Iraq?

Or did I misunderstand what Kaine was saying last night?

Reactions: Willy4UK
Stipulated: Trump is a disgusting narcissistic blowhard. I just hope that there are policies in place to keep his finger off the nuke button if he flies off the handle.

But I will vote for him anyhow. Because ...

1 I do not want Hillary (or any other Dem) appointing SC justices. They are the de facto law of the land and we could end up with an overwhelmingly liberal SC whose influence will last for generations.

2 Hillary will let the illegal Latinos stay and continue coming in droves, driving wages further down for our lower classes of workers. But worse, she will bring in to our country hundreds of thousands of Muslims who hate our culture and freedoms (but love our welfare system), among whom will be a sizable number willing to kill innocent infidels for Allah.

3 See Angela Merkel of Germany, Hillary's role model.

^^ LOL, yeah Trump supporters getting beat up. Meanwhile, those Trump supporters are killing Muslims. DT has incited his followers to beat up protestors and journalists. Threaten people at the polls. I love the coverup angle because it doesn't require any proof. The right loves not having to show proof of their conspiracies. They also love limiting Americans right to vote.

I'm betting those for and against TPP know very little about it other than talking points. Just like they believe we can sprinkle some magic dust and bring back manufacturing jobs that are no longer there. Manufacturing productivity has doubled since the 90s with millions of jobs lost. We cannot and will never be able to compete with sweatshop jobs. Those are gone. Automation and robotics are replacing workers by the thousands and will be in the millions by the middle of the next decade. No politician wants to level with the low skill worker and tell them their jobs aren't coming back. Instead of offering some pie in the sky rainbows and ice cream utopia they need to level with them and figure out a way to transition them into other fields like clean energy. Oh wait, they mock clean energy even though it employs more people than the coal industry and nearly as much as the oil & gas industry.

Conservatives live in an alternate reality where they believe they can somehow turn back time to the 80s or the 50s, when America was 'strong'. Good luck convincing the rest of the world to do that or somehow get people to be as productive as a robot.

You've got a population of Americans under siege from the very people who are supposed to protect them for decades now. Yet you're more worried about a 6 year old Syrian refugee blowing you up or outraged because a baker can't discriminate against another American.

If those terrorists were setting off bombs in the ghetto you wouldn't blink an eye. Just as DT thinks more cops ready to kill and violate American's civil rights is the way to go. Not more oversight, training, rules of engagement. Nope, just more warm bodies with no respect for the rights of others.

Reactions: rqarnold
Didn't see anything here about Brother Bill's take down of Obamacare. Like the Forbes editorial said, everything its critics predicted about Obamacare is coming true.

Hillary Clinton and the White House struggled on Tuesday to explain Bill Clinton ’s blistering critique of ObamaCare, which exposed divisions in the Democratic Party over the healthcare law.

The former president’s surprisingly strong criticism of Obama’s signature achievement also gave Republicans free talking points ahead of the vice presidential debate.

Clinton unloaded on the Affordable Care Act during a campaign rally Monday afternoon in Michigan, a state where premium hikes are expected to be around 17 percent this fall.

“You’ve got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have healthcare and then the people that are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half,” Clinton said.

“It’s the craziest thing in the world.”

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/299314-bill-clinton-goes-way-off-message-on-obamacare

heh. Craziest thing in the world. Brother Bill is useful at times....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT