POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly, if the University of Louisville is any indication how people in Jefferson County run things, and it is, there are probably tens of thousands of fraudulent votes.

Yeah just like Lexington...

You'll see transient students and faculty from Oregon, New York, Nigeria, Shanghai, Saudi Arabia...all with I voted stickers on...

Anyone know what the guidelines are for requesting a recount for gov race in KY?
The winning results margins are less than 1% diff of total votes in this election.

Anyone know what the guidelines are for requesting a recount for gov race in KY?
The winning results margins are less than 1% diff of total votes in this election.
There are no guidelines. Bevin just has to ask for one and he has to pay for all of it. 40% of KY uses paperless electronic machines (which is ****ing stupid) that cannot be recounted. He lost, it isn't changing.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKvisitor
Plat just pulls the most random facts out his ass and states them as fact. I’m not saying the votes would change but there is no way there is a voting machine in play that doesn’t have the capability of recalculating voting totals

The Libertarian vote cannot be understated in Bevin's defeat. If those people could do it all over knowing what they know now, then they would have put Bevin over the goal line.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
All the absentee have already been counted. KY does not allow any absentee to counted that isn't received by polls closing.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if they were counted first or last

I’m not a fan of recounts - my team lost tonight, have some dignity and move on

I think anyone needs a recount when you're at 4k in a state wide election with this many votes. Do I think it'll change the outcome? No. But I think you have to ask for it

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
The Libertarian vote cannot be understated in Bevin's defeat. If those people could do it all over knowing what they know now, then they would have put Bevin over the goal line.
I had that thought, too.
It seems reasonable to thinking the results would be close the same if the Hicks vote were split on the dem/rep race results.

Plat just pulls the most random facts out his ass and states them as fact. I’m not saying the votes would change but there is no way there is a voting machine in play that doesn’t have the capability of recalculating voting totals
30% of us voters across 18 states us electronic machines that do not have paper backup and cannot be recounted. The Dems tried to ban them in the last round of election funding but the GoP wouldn't allow it. The machines were a complete failure from the start but conservative states bought them up in mass in 2005. They are slowly being retired but alot of counties can't afford new ones.

If there's not a paper trail, how is that done?

30% of us voters across 18 states us electronic machines that do not have paper backup and cannot be recounted. The Dems tried to ban them in the last round of election funding but the GoP wouldn't allow it. The machines were a complete failure from the start but conservative states bought them up in mass in 2005. They are slowly being retired but alot of counties can't afford new ones.

Which counties use electronic machines without the option of paper? I’ve seen one electronic voting machine, and it was on a voluntary use basis.

In a lot of counties the school system is the biggest employer in the county. Add in administrative staff too. And the families of teachers.
Then in has to be a cumulative effort by the teachers state wide, because when you look at the county results, there were more Bevins county wins by a substantial margin.

Looks like bevin lost by about 4k votes. That's probably close to the total of teachers in the state.
He lost Kenton County. In 2015, he won it by 6K. A week ago he was here & said he favors tolls on new bridge to Ohio. People here are heavily against that, but not me. Foot in mouth disease.

Reactions: UKvisitor
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT