ADVERTISEMENT

The official 2024 Olympics thread.

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
Lex Town
With the official start coming later this week are you going to watch the Olympics? I may catch a few things but I do have to admit I was today years old when I realized that Break Dancing is now a part of the Olympics. 🤣

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

Events that come around every 2-4 years are awesome.

Olympics
Copa and Euro
World Cup
Ryder Cup
Presidents Cup

And they usually come at a time when the rest of the sports world is in a slumber. I’m all in for Canada and the US teams.

Fun fact: the frenchies didn't install a/c in the Olympic Village in order to be green. There's some sort of water based system that cools it down to 82 Fahrenheit. Teams are apparently allowed to bring window units and portable ones if they wish.

• Wow
Reactions: Stan the caddy
Good to see politics injected into the Olympic thread less than twenty posts in.

Back to topic, I really only follow the track and field, volleyball to some extent as well. I don't watch NBA or college basketball much and swimming and diving bores me to tears, would rather watch paint dry or cut the grass.

Even though I'm a big golf fan, I can't get real excited about Olympic golf. We just had four majors which mean more to me and most fans than the Olympics by a long shot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT