ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron a 25 time All-Star?

With LeBron making his 20th All-Star game, do you think he will make it to 25 All-Star selections?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
This is NOT a LeBron vs Jordan thread. This is NOT a fan boy, flopper, or political thread. Simple question of if LeBron will do it. Simple.

20 yrs doing anything at that level is amazing. Major accomplishment.

But 25, no. I think he would love to play one yr with his son. Not sure bronny is good enough but I'm sure klutch will get him in somehow. Then LeBron calls it quits. Imo only.

Oh. Jordan was better 😆

Reactions: BBUK
I don't think he plays 5 more years to reach that mark. I see him playing 2 more years if he wants and no reason to think his All-Star caliber production will suddenly drop off a cliff in 2025. Should make it next year barring some injury, play with Bronny and anything beyond that he will likely get the vote like Kobe did in his final year whenever he retires with the fan vote system in place. Whether you are a fan of him or not, to put together 20 All-Star seasons is impressive.

Reactions: JDHoss and GeraldV
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

Since joining LA in 2018, he's been spectacular (his Lakers career PER is 25.1 and he's made one All-NBA first team, one second team, and three third teams), but he's only averaged 55.6 games per season. So I think that at max he's got three seasons left after this one. And I think he'll retire if he wins one with Bronny.

And ten years from now, the Academy Awards will be swept by "LeBron", a major motion picture based on his life created entirely by AI. :p

Reactions: Wall2Wall
Nah. He doesn't have much to play for. The only all-time record he's close to being first (besides the ones he already has) is minutes played, behind Kareem. I doubt he's going to have a chance to catch Jordan without going to another team or the Lakers going on a big run.

Don't see him playing another 5 years. He's been in decline for a while as his efficiency numbers have fallen off a cliff since 2018. He still games the stats a bit and dupes casual fans into thinking he's still prime LeBron but after this current contract is up, I think he may have to settle for a 1 year deal somewhere if he wants to stay in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: Stan the caddy
And the thing is, at this point he doesn't even have to play at all-star level (he is) and be voted in. If he was 15-4-4 guy he would get voted in.

Reactions: WTF Cat
I see one more year with the Lakers and then retire. I expect Bronny to declare after this season and the Lakers to grab him. They’ll do the publicity stuff together next year, LeBron retires and then Bronny gets sent to D league or overseas for as long as his namesake will carry him.

Reactions: Col. Angus
This is NOT a LeBron vs Jordan thread. This is NOT a fan boy, flopper, or political thread. Simple question of if LeBron will do it. Simple.

If he was playing with a crutch and a cast or from a wheelchair he'd be voted an All-Star. China has that kind of power. (And he'd still travel)

Reactions: WTF Cat
Bronny is good enough to be a D1 player which is a great accomplishment. But he shouldn’t sniff an NBA contract.

He shouldn't but I sort of hope he does just because it'll drive folks, namely some on this site, nuts. LeBron's prognostication of playing with Bronny put a blanket of pressure on his son that wasn't needed but because some are so focused on their hate for the father (wherein by they pretend he doesn't know how to read or he's somehow overrated) it lead to hatred for the son. But back to LeBron, at some point you've just gotta tip your cap to him. As a Colts fan, I did it with Brady years ago. Having China on the brain or calling LeBron the ever creative "LeBum" won't change the fact that he's one of the greatest of all time.

LeBron only affects the idiots. The rest of us know him for the weak clown and protected puppet he is. If the league and China didn't prop him up, he'd earn respect as a player.

He doesn't care about earning anything, though. That's why so many worship him. I hope he wins all the awards. That would be fitting, since they mean nothing at all.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
---
That would be Ric Flair territory wouldn't it? Eighty five times world champion..........

LeBron is obviously a top 5 all-time player and a visionary on the court.

He also seems to be a great family man and watches out for his buddies he grew up with, but it in very positive way.

All that said, I don’t think he’s that good of a business man or GM. And his views on politics need work.

The first part is all that matters in terms of getting 25 All-Star selections. And btw, dude is still a top 25 guy in the NBA.

Dictator Biden with a stoke of the pen has eliminated decades of contract law. Ending non-competes without CONGRESSIONAL oversight.

Don't see him playing another 5 years. He's been in decline for a while as his efficiency numbers have fallen off a cliff since 2018. He still games the stats a bit and dupes casual fans into thinking he's still prime LeBron but after this current contract is up, I think he may have to settle for a 1 year deal somewhere if he wants to stay in the league.
He shot over 40% from 3. He's still improving

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT