POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
127 million people voted in 2016. If 5% of them waited longer than an hour, that is still 6.3 million. Even 2.5% would be over 3 million. I would consider that to be a problem. It seems like urban areas are the ones that have the most consistent issues. I know in my city it seems like it happens in every big election and the news crews are always down there filming it. I did read a clip where they said about 5% in the 2012 election had to wait longer than an hour

Who runs those cities?

I'll hang up and listen.

127 million people voted in 2016. If 5% of them waited longer than an hour, that is still 6.3 million. Even 2.5% would be over 3 million. I would consider that to be a problem. It seems like urban areas are the ones that have the most consistent issues. I know in my city it seems like it happens in every big election and the news crews are always down there filming it. I did read a clip where they said about 5% in the 2012 election had to wait longer than an hour

It wasn't 5% though, it was a few isolated incidents where wait times were over an hour. The report I read was for the 2016 election, it mentioned the long wait times in 2012.

Mainly not enough voting stations when the stations are machines vs. paper ballots. Only so many folks can vote at one time in those instances. Not having paper ballots is ignorant. They can be handed out like candy at Halloween & it takes 5 seconds for the reader to do its job.

You're right that not having paper ballots is dumb, and if it's not enough voting stations then that should and can be alleviated.

My point in this is that people voting have some responsibility in this too. If I went to vote in 2018 at 4:00 and had to wait, I guarantee you in 2020 I'm going to do something different and not wait for the election managers to form to me.

Urban areas ran by Democrats!

When I worked polls, longest lines of the day normally were when people lined up waiting for them to open.

People don't realize it, but KY has one of the most efficient voting & counting systems in the country. Normally 99% of votes are counted within 1-2 hours of polls closing. Sheriff deputies and county clerk office workers are waiting for the automated voting tabulations from the polls & those are quickly delivered to the clerk's office for machine counts which are matched to the polling station counts. The paper ballots remain in the poll ballot reader machines for 30 days if someone wants a hand recount. Why other states are so screwed up escapes me. Well, actually I'm not. States don't want to put money into the systems as KY has.

You're exactly right, KY's has always been simple and upfront. That's why I wonder if some of the voting issues aren't made out of convenience. It's easy for shenanigans when there's confusion and chaos.

Reactions: JStaff2187
And 10% or $50B of its outlays are lost to fraud or improper payments.
You are referring to Medicare, not Medicaid.
You're delusional if you think that private insurance companies have a lower loss rate.
Perhaps you would understand better if you knew how Medicare/Medicaid billing is performed, who actually writes the checks to the providers and who has the greatest incentive to find and stop fraud.

States with regards to Medicaid and the federal government for Medicare contract with payers like my employer, Anthem, Aetna and most every other healthcare insurance provider to process and pay claims. That payer is paid $X for every person on their rolls...in other words, the state/feds pay their premiums, we process their claims and work the cases. We make money by keeping whatever "premiums" we don't pay out in claims. If there is a fraudulent claim that gets paid, that is money out of the payer's pocket. We can't go back to the state/feds and say that Johnny costs more than we thought so we need more money.

So tell me again how losses to fraud are anyhow different between private and public "insurance". Both exists and both have the same effect on your pocket.

Has anyone heard if the dogs were OK? I hope they didn't chase him so far into the tunnel that they were injured in the blast.

You do realize it is against the law for an employer to penalize an employee for going to vote during working hours.
They can't penalize them but they don't have to pay them while they are out to vote. For an hourly employee those missed hours could hurt. Especially in metropolitan areas people regularly have hour+ commute times. We are in Brentwood south of Nashville and have people who commute daily from Clarksville and Bowling Green. Hell, it can take you an hour just to get through Nashville depending on traffic. So for them to vote they have to do so early or late...just when the lines are the longest.

It wasn't 5% though, it was a few isolated incidents where wait times were over an hour. The report I read was for the 2016 election, it mentioned the long wait times in 2012.
A few isolated incidents in many major American cities: LA, Chicago, Atlanta, Phoenix, Houston, El Paso, St Louis, KC, Cincinnati, Detroit, Philadelphia. Should I go on? You continue to offer up excuses and insist that it isn't a problem. It clearly is. Again, why wouldn't you want it to be easy for everyone to vote? I guarantee if this was happening to you, you would want it to be changed. And stop with the "people need to plan better" crap. Not everyone has flexible jobs, child-care coverage and easy transportation. Let's just make it easy to vote. If it takes 3 hours to vote, that is clearly an obstacle

They can't penalize them but they don't have to pay them while they are out to vote. For an hourly employee those missed hours could hurt. Especially in metropolitan areas people regularly have hour+ commute times. We are in Brentwood south of Nashville and have people who commute daily from Clarksville and Bowling Green. Hell, it can take you an hour just to get through Nashville depending on traffic. So for them to vote they have to do so early or late...just when the lines are the longest.

Son, what in the hell...

First, most people don't vote, and they don't give a crap. So, we can quit approaching this stupid conversation from the perspective of "people just can't find the time to vote!". No, they don't give a shit, and based on how uninformed and stupid your opinions are on everything, I highly doubt you're going to take the "effort" to vote.

We have an election on November 5th. Voting has been open for I believe a couple weeks now. Walk right in the court house and vote. Takes 15 seconds.

I have no idea, but a lot of people go before work. My point was this, if there is an actual shortage of voting stations in areas then that can be addressed. However, if the voting station numbers are similar how do you correct that?
Yes, most people go vote before or after work...that's when the lines are the longest.

You are referring to Medicare, not Medicaid.
You're delusional if you think that private insurance companies have a lower loss rate.
Perhaps you would understand better if you knew how Medicare/Medicaid billing is performed, who actually writes the checks to the providers and who has the greatest incentive to find and stop fraud.

States with regards to Medicaid and the federal government for Medicare contract with payers like my employer, Anthem, Aetna and most every other healthcare insurance provider to process and pay claims. That payer is paid $X for every person on their rolls...in other words, the state/feds pay their premiums, we process their claims and work the cases. We make money by keeping whatever "premiums" we don't pay out in claims. If there is a fraudulent claim that gets paid, that is money out of the payer's pocket. We can't go back to the state/feds and say that Johnny costs more than we thought so we need more money.

So tell me again how losses to fraud are anyhow different between private and public "insurance". Both exists and both have the same effect on your pocket.
Nope, both, as Forbes quoting Eric Holder of the Obama admin discusses. But keep telling us how great they both are as well as the VA and we need to take 200m off their insurance and turn over. That is delusion.

How much Medicare and Medicaid fraud is there? No one knows for sure. In 2010 the Government Accountability Office(GAO) released a report claiming to have identified $48 billion in what it termed as “improper payments.” That’s nearly 10 percent of the $500 billion in outlays for that year. However, others, including U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, suggest that there is an estimated $60 to $90 billion in fraud in Medicare and a similar amount for Medicaid. Big money!
There are no good numbers on how much money private sector health insurers lose in fraud, but working with a well-known health care actuary a few years ago, we estimated that private insurers lose perhaps 1 to 1.5 percent in fraud. Medicare and Medicaid may be closer to 10 to 15 percent. And one of the primary differences is that the private sector insurers embrace software and other new technologies that help them find discrepancies and fraud in health care claims.
And Medicaid is just as bad, or worse. New York City has been a huge problem for Medicaid with one former official suggesting that 40 percent of NYC’s Medicaid payments are “questionable. ” The New York Times, in a multi-story expose several years ago, reported that a Brooklyn dentist had filed 991 claims in one day.

None of that happened RQ, that's the point. Again, you're assuming or making up something. There is an ongoing investigation into the start of the Russia investigation. Tying aid to help in that investigation is not illegal nor corrupt, even though Trump never mentioned the aid nor did the Ukrainian President know the aid was withheld at that point.
Digging up dirt or hrlping Trump's campaign was never mentioned, you assuming it doesn't make it true no matter how many times you say it.
According to our ambassador to Ukraine, it did happen. According to Trump's chief-of-staff it happened and we should all "just get over it".

Nope, both, as Forbes quoting Eric Holder of the Obama admin discusses. But keep telling us how great they both are as well as the VA and we need to take 200m off their insurance and turn over. That is delusion.

How much Medicare and Medicaid fraud is there? No one knows for sure. In 2010 the Government Accountability Office(GAO) released a report claiming to have identified $48 billion in what it termed as “improper payments.” That’s nearly 10 percent of the $500 billion in outlays for that year. However, others, including U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, suggest that there is an estimated $60 to $90 billion in fraud in Medicare and a similar amount for Medicaid. Big money!
There are no good numbers on how much money private sector health insurers lose in fraud, but working with a well-known health care actuary a few years ago, we estimated that private insurers lose perhaps 1 to 1.5 percent in fraud. Medicare and Medicaid may be closer to 10 to 15 percent. And one of the primary differences is that the private sector insurers embrace software and other new technologies that help them find discrepancies and fraud in health care claims.
And Medicaid is just as bad, or worse. New York City has been a huge problem for Medicaid with one former official suggesting that 40 percent of NYC’s Medicaid payments are “questionable. ” The New York Times, in a multi-story expose several years ago, reported that a Brooklyn dentist had filed 991 claims in one day.

I'll let you in on a dirty little secret...private insurers vastly understate their losses on the private side and overstate them on the public side. Again, the same people process the claims.

I'll let you in on a dirty little secret...private insurers vastly understate their losses on the private side and overstate them on the public side. Again, the same people process the claims.
oh ok! Medicare/Medicaid/VA are awesome and ready for 200m people! Noted, dude that has been rated 100% by the DNC Whore Council for a decade.

72940882_10156763269845197_8162867783097384960_n.jpg

A few isolated incidents in many major American cities: LA, Chicago, Atlanta, Phoenix, Houston, El Paso, St Louis, KC, Cincinnati, Detroit, Philadelphia. Should I go on? You continue to offer up excuses and insist that it isn't a problem. It clearly is. Again, why wouldn't you want it to be easy for everyone to vote? I guarantee if this was happening to you, you would want it to be changed. And stop with the "people need to plan better" crap. Not everyone has flexible jobs, child-care coverage and easy transportation. Let's just make it easy to vote. If it takes 3 hours to vote, that is clearly an obstacle

Yea, you should go on, with some data to back it up. In 2012 you were right about those places, in 2016 not so much.

You're missing my point, no, I don't think it should be made easier to vote with ballots where people don't actually have to show up, that invites fraud. If you are saying we need more polling stations, sure.

I told you what I would do if I had waited to vote in 2018, I sure as hell wouldn't wait for the govt to bend to me, I'd make a change.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music

The only consolation after watching this is the realization that the old woman in the video probably isn't anyone's mother or grandmother like I originally assumed at first blush

According to our ambassador to Ukraine, it did happen. According to Trump's chief-of-staff it happened and we should all "just get over it".

Where did he state that? Not his opinion, but where he was directed that in order for Ukraine to get the money they had to dig up dirt on Biden, or help Trumps campaign?
Mulvaney stated the truth, every bit of foreign aid we give is used for leverage. We don't give it out of the goodness of our heart.

Reactions: augustaky1
Anyone that wants healthcare modeled after the VA is brain dead.

Ask someome that's worked in the va and then in a private hospital. They waste so much...its unreal. Why? Bc there is no need for efficiency bc they will get the same amount of tax payer money no matter what. No need for precision, no need for expedient care. It doesnt mean these are bad ppl...its what happens when you have a system in place that doesnt emphasize it.

Anyone that wants healthcare modeled after the VA is brain dead.

Ask someome that's worked in the va and then in a private hospital. They waste so much...its unreal. Why? Bc there is no need for efficiency bc they will get the same amount of tax payer money no matter what. No need for precision, no need for expedient care. It doesnt mean these are bad ppl...its what happens when you have a system in place that doesnt emphasize it.

It's not that will get the same amount no matter what, it's that if they don't spend what they're allocated or more, their budget will be cut the next fiscal year.
September is a spending free for all across the entire Govt.

Reactions: exemjr
Did Obama have a quid pro quo with the billions of cash he flew to Iran, or was that money just a present out of the kindness of his heart asking for nothing from Iran in return.

I mean, if Obama’s foreign policies was such that the US just shipped money to foreign countries never asking for anything in return, we’ll then he’s a hell of a lot worse of a President than I ever imagined.

Seems like getting to the bottom of any interference in the 2016 election so it can be prevented in 2020 would be something we could all get on board with.

What does it matter if Bagdaddy was whimpering and screaming? Trump offered that info up as a taunt to terrorists and terrorist sympathizers, such as MSNBC. He knew they were going to defend Bagdaddy anyway, may as well make them look even more stupid.

I bet Obama had sex with that terrorist.

Used his remaining clearance to get to that goat licked dead butthole.

Trump lying his ass off yet again, claiming that “people around the world” are talking about violence in Chicago.

Why does he do this? We know damn well that nobody in Japan, Brazil, Nigeria, or Germany are talking about Chicago like that. Dead giveaway that he’s full of shit.

“I just arrived at the G-whatever conference in Switzerland and all anybody is talking about is John Podesta and the DNC and the server...”

SMH. Yeah right. And to think that so many of you believe this guy every time he opens his mouth. He is your chosen one. Own it.

Trump lying his ass off yet again, claiming that “people around the world” are talking about violence in Chicago.

Why does he do this? We know damn well that nobody in Japan, Brazil, Nigeria, or Germany are talking about Chicago like that. Dead giveaway that he’s full of shit.

“I just arrived at the G-whatever conference in Switzerland and all anybody is talking about is John Podesta and the DNC and the server...”

SMH. Yeah right. And to think that so many of you believe this guy every time he opens his mouth. He is your chosen one. Own it.

Is that a quote, or is that something you made up to get outraged about?

I wouldn’t know because aside from the lefties hanging on every one of Trump’s words and reposting them here it’s fits of outrage, I really don’t see a goddam thing he says.

Again, I think even the most ardent Trump supporter would never accuse him of being honest. As long as the economy stays strong, his behavior is secondary. If things start falling apart and he keeps acting like an asshole, then it will something to gripe about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT