POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No it isn't. Every precinct would be backed up if everyone went to vote at once. Plan ahead, again, how many precincts are backed up for hours all day?
Elections are run by elected officials. It's their prime job. Why do you keep putting the on citizens to figure out the system details vs. the officials creating & operating a good system? You sound like a Lib blaming the victims. No idea how many polls have 4 hour lines. I know a lot have them over an hour & that alone is absurd.

Fuzz claiming the math is easy, when he flubbed his actual attempt to do the math a couple days ago, is quite comical.
And Romney carried college graduates 51-47 over Obama despite his waxing on about college kids taking Humanities and whatnot that improved their world view.

I assume the Lexington Herald/ Daniel Cameron cartoon was discussed on this forum ? I've never seen a more racist ad in my life and it makes it way to print in a large state wide newspaper . Its sick , and should not be tolerated . I wont even name the pile of dog shit's name that drew it up ..

I assume the Lexington Herald/ Daniel Cameron cartoon was discussed on this forum ? I've never seen a more racist ad in my life and it makes it way to print in a large state wide newspaper . Its sick , and should not be tolerated . I wont even name the pile of dog shit's name that drew it up ..
You get the lhl?

The math is not easy, that's part of the point you refuse to listen to.

It takes a PhD in economics to try to make a cogent case for this nonsense, and the Paul Kraugman's of the world are always proven drastically wrong by other economists if not in theory but in the end when the rubber actually meets the road.

Here I'll try to actually simplify the math things for you... you know those fat overweight people people were mocking in this thread, well we have 2-3 times the diabetes rates (or whatever, I'm not looking up statistics and how they are measured) of the western industrial nations you point to with some socialized healthcare. If we have 150 diabetes patiens for every 100 they have, then you have to take that into account.

Diabetes is expensive to manage and it leads to expensive complications and expensive diseases like stroke and coma etc. And most of the time it can be prevented by exercise and diet, so there is some personal responsibility there which a private insurance system takes account in the form of higher premiums where the socialized system doesn't.

It's not the same thing as public workers in education or police or whatever else because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to bill a policemen to protect you when there's nothing you can do to guarantee your safety but there's a whole mess of things you can do to decrease, or increase, your likelihood of getting sick. And it's not that they in Europe are healthier because they have "free" access to care that they have to wait longer for and sit in longer lines.

And diabetes is just one, but major variable... There's a lot of variables to consider which you just simply have to ignore in your simple "well if they can do it, why can't we" argument. They do what they do not as well as what we do and not in response to the same problem we have, which is a more diverse population (more genetic variance is more variability of disease you have to treat) that gets way too many of their meals out of a drive through window.

You know what else is expensive?
  • Taking care of people who failed to take care of themselves because they lacked the access to the care needed.
  • Taking care of people in emergency rooms because they don't have insurance.
  • Massive duplication of resources
  • A healthcare system that in incentivised to keep you in the system and on medication.
  • Cost shifting
We have 1000's of RNs and 100+ MDs who work for us caring for these folks. We see and serve many who are on and off of Medicaid. It's rather typical to get someone who is diabetic working in a low wage job and becomes disabled from their condition because they don't have insurance but earn too much for Medicaid. They have to quit work which for them has the upside of gaining access to healthcare. Their condition gets treated and they rehab to where they can go back to work...where the cycle repeats. Unable to afford their medication and see a doctor their condition worsens and they are back on the Medicaid rolls. Each time they go through this their condition is worse, is more costly to treat. After several cycles on this roller coaster they permanently disabled and back on the Medicaid rolls for good.

[laughing]

Washington Post changes al-Baghdadi headline that called terror leader an 'austere religious scholar'.

74632496_2540095226208377_2981381858102607872_n.jpg

There is a bit of distinction that needs to be made.

There can be conditions set forth to obtain aid but those conditions cannot be based on helping an individual's campaign or digging dirt on a political rival. Just think about that for a moment...
If I set conditions based upon you helping me I also control when I think you've delivered the appropriate amount of help. You've incentivised and created a requirement for a desired result, not asked for an honest evaluation/investigation.

None of that happened RQ, that's the point. Again, you're assuming or making up something. There is an ongoing investigation into the start of the Russia investigation. Tying aid to help in that investigation is not illegal nor corrupt, even though Trump never mentioned the aid nor did the Ukrainian President know the aid was withheld at that point.
Digging up dirt or hrlping Trump's campaign was never mentioned, you assuming it doesn't make it true no matter how many times you say it.

Elections are run by elected officials. It's their prime job. Why do you keep putting the on citizens to figure out the system details vs. the officials creating & operating a good system? You sound like a Lib blaming the victims. No idea how many polls have 4 hour lines. I know a lot have them over an hour & that alone is absurd.

Where are they over an hour long in wait time for the entire or even most of the day. I'm not making excuses, but damn people have some responsibility in voting.
Why are there lines? Is it due to shortage of voting stations, broken down equiptment, rush of voters at a certain time.?

Where are they over an hour long in wait time for the entire or even most of the day. I'm not making excuses, but damn people have some responsibility in voting.
Why are there lines? Is it due to shortage of voting stations, broken down equiptment, rush of voters at a certain time.?
Bill, how many people have the ability to go to the polls at whatever time of day?

Bill, how many people have the ability to go to the polls at whatever time of day?

I have no idea, but a lot of people go before work. My point was this, if there is an actual shortage of voting stations in areas then that can be addressed. However, if the voting station numbers are similar how do you correct that?

It could be a variety of issues: broken machines, not enough volunteers, not enough polling sites in a city (for instance, Phoenix used to have 200 polling sites about 10 years ago, but now have closer to 60), not enough early voting days, voter ID places tend to move a bit slower, etc. Now what is actually the cause of all of these problems is open to debate. Regardless, it needs to be fixed. I would love to say that I would stand in line for 3+ hours to vote, but I don't know if I actually would have the patience to do it.

It could be a variety of issues: broken machines, not enough volunteers, not enough polling sites in a city (for instance, Phoenix used to have 200 polling sites about 10 years ago, but now have closer to 60), not enough early voting days, voter ID places tend to move a bit slower, etc. Now what is actually the cause of all of these problems is open to debate. Regardless, it needs to be fixed. I would love to say that I would stand in line for 3+ hours to vote, but I don't know if I actually would have the patience to do it.

Is it actually a problem though, or are the few places that actually have an issue get highlighted the most.

I just read a study from this year, 78-83% of voters were in and out, only a few exceptions of the other 20 % were longer than an hour.

All I'm saying is that in a country of 320 million going to vote, there's going to be some hiccups along the way.

Is it actually a problem though, or are the few places that actually have an issue get highlighted the most.

I just read a study from this year, 78-83% of voters were in and out, only a few exceptions of the other 20 % were longer than an hour.

All I'm saying is that in a country of 320 million going to vote, there's going to be some hiccups along the way.

127 million people voted in 2016. If 5% of them waited longer than an hour, that is still 6.3 million. Even 2.5% would be over 3 million. I would consider that to be a problem. It seems like urban areas are the ones that have the most consistent issues. I know in my city it seems like it happens in every big election and the news crews are always down there filming it. I did read a clip where they said about 5% in the 2012 election had to wait longer than an hour

It’s simple RQ, private business can go broke and out of business. Govt run agencies can’t, or the entire govt would be gone. That’s the problem, the govt isn’t efficient because it doesn’t have to be.
I promise you, the stats that govt run healthcare would be the same cost as private is a fantasy. The care would be less and the cost more.
Doesnt he work for a medicaid provider? All of the Medicaid providers here in KY are so far behind on payments. Bc who cares...nothing will happen to them. It's bad too considering Medicaid pays like 2 dollars a doctor visit. Hospitals are just eating the cost.

That's what Medicaid 4 all really is...medicaid for all. And when the costs get tight, which they clearly will, then you start getting told what you can and cant get for care.

I'm unsure what has convinced ppl that the government can do anything. The same ppl that cant get drivers licenses printed out in a timely manner without 10 ppl doing the job of 2 want to take care of my health..lol okay

Mainly not enough voting stations when the stations are machines vs. paper ballots. Only so many folks can vote at one time in those instances. Not having paper ballots is ignorant. They can be handed out like candy at Halloween & it takes 5 seconds for the reader to do its job.

I have no idea, but a lot of people go before work. My point was this, if there is an actual shortage of voting stations in areas then that can be addressed. However, if the voting station numbers are similar how do you correct that?
When I worked polls, longest lines of the day normally were when people lined up waiting for them to open.

People don't realize it, but KY has one of the most efficient voting & counting systems in the country. Normally 99% of votes are counted within 1-2 hours of polls closing. Sheriff deputies and county clerk office workers are waiting for the automated voting tabulations from the polls & those are quickly delivered to the clerk's office for machine counts which are matched to the polling station counts. The paper ballots remain in the poll ballot reader machines for 30 days if someone wants a hand recount. Why other states are so screwed up escapes me. Well, actually I'm not. States don't want to put money into the systems as KY has.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT