POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're the one that made the statement about civil servants being a right.

Because I don't believe the numbers RQ. There isn't a govt project that costs less than private, and that's equal to private. Look at government ran agencies, it's absurd the waste that occurs.
By the time we all realize those numbers are BS it's too late. The system would be in place and it would never go away. Which you and every Dem pushing knows, cost be damned.
Bill, I never said that civil servants being a right... again, I don't even know what that means. I said that healthcare workers would become de facto if not absolute civil servants just as policeman, fireman and teachers.

There is waste everywhere. Every private business has waste.

Don't believe the numbers? We know what each country spends on healthcare and we know how many people live in those countries. The math is pretty easy.

"Bin Laden was a big thing, but this is the biggest there is, this is the worst ever," Trump said. "Osama bin Laden was big, but Osama bin Laden became big with the World Trade Center. This is a man who built a whole, as you would like to call it a country, a caliphate and was trying to do it again."

He can't help himself, he has to try and spin it to make it look like he did something greater than Obama. And just give it a few days...he will try and take more and more credit. Before the end he will claim he was the one that placed the suicide vest on al-Baghdadi and pushed the button to ignite it. Obama lives rent free in his head. He even had to stage a photograph of him in the situation room. How do we know it was staged? Because the photo timestamp shows was 1 hour 35 minutes after the operation had ended.
Bam

Bill, I never said that civil servants being a right... again, I don't even know what that means. I said that healthcare workers would become de facto if not absolute civil servants just as policeman, fireman and teachers.

There is waste everywhere. Every private business has waste.

Don't believe the numbers? We know what each country spends on healthcare and we know how many people live in those countries. The math is pretty easy.

So how do you determine how much the cost would be in those countries if they were currently private? That's the rub.

The govt is inefficient, by design RQ. The govt can't shop for product the way private can. I work for the Govt, trust me, the level of absurdity in procuring things is ridiculous. We have to use a third party vendor to get all our supplies, no matter the cost, if we don't place a certain amount of orders through them per month we are fined millions of dollars.

It sure sounded like you were implying civil service was a right in your post.

Reactions: KRJ1975
I have doubts they told trump much beforehand. Kept him out so he couldn't f it up. Maybe call Russia and tell them. Or someone on the golf course. Brag about it. I bet they told him just in time to stage the war room picture.
If you bothered to listen to his speech and response to the extensive media questioning, you'd see that he was intimately knowledgeable about the details of the mission.

Reactions: screwduke1
I think even the most ardent Trump supporters would acknowledge that his ego is the size of Texas and needs constant stroking and reassurance. None of this should come as a surprise to anyone.
Probably true... but completely irrelevant to the running of this country.

Do we need to be reminded how many times Obama used the word "I" in his speeches? At least Trump isnt a POS like Obama.

Probably true... but completely irrelevant to the running of this country.

Do we need to be reminded how many times Obama used the word "I" in his speeches? At least Trump isnt a POS like Obama.

I agree P. Ive said many times here, despite my general dislike for Trump as a person, I’ve got very few complaints about the direction of the country right now.

No, but you did say; "This is a big reason why the global warming “consensus” is bunk.".

How about the consensus of meteorologist? or scientist?

If they’ve independently studied the issue and published results their factual findings will be taken into account.

But no, just because someone claims to be a scientist does not mean their opinion on a topic carries any weight. I’m sure you can find some scientists out there who claim there are more than two genders. They’re loony toons and their opinion on global warming is meaningless.

Parents of Kayla Mueller grateful for death of ISIS leader who held their daughter hostage
https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/2478713001?

"I still say Kayla should be here, and if Obama had been as decisive as President Trump, maybe she would have been," Marsha Mueller said.

"For me what matters most I'm hoping now we will finally get the answers we have been asking for all along," Marsha Mueller said. "I think this administration truly might help us. I don’t think they are as closed about what happened."

Carl Mueller said he was comforted when Trump mentioned his daughter twice in his morning press conference.

"He knows her story. He's been briefed on it, and he knows, and that’s important to me," Carl Mueller said. "I don’t think anything would have stopped him from getting this guy."

After Kayla's death, the Muellers became outspoken critics of the American government's handling of its foreign hostages. They had been encouraged to keep her captivity secret, and discouraged from attempting to free her or pay a ransom.

A common trait of the left is assuming they know what everyone is thinking, even if they don’t say it. Hell, we’ve got a pseudo impeachment underway with that premise.

It really is remarkable how many of the lefty posts involve some sort of straw man or a “so what you’re saying is” that completely misstates what the OP was saying.

Reactions: P19978 and vhcat70
The cover up most Americans want to see is a cover up of your face

73139922_2743429642391055_6757137343737495552_n.jpg

No, but you did say; "This is a big reason why the global warming “consensus” is bunk.".

How about the consensus of meteorologist? or scientist?

Consensus doesn't matter in science. Consensus doesn't prove anything other than consensus. If there was proof of man made global warming, we would all see it and believe it. It could be demonstrated.

A new paper published by researchers form the University of Turku in Finland suggests that even though observed changes in the climate are real, the effects of human activity on these changes are insignificant. The team suggests that the idea of man made climate change is a mere miscalculation or skewing the formulas by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/...irm-the-global-warming-data-is-not-supported/
Finland & Japan Confirm Global Warming Data is not Supported

Here are a couple of things for you to read. Climate scientists came to these conclusions, so your contention there is a consensus is wrong in theory and application.

So how do you determine how much the cost would be in those countries if they were currently private? That's the rub.

The govt is inefficient, by design RQ. The govt can't shop for product the way private can. I work for the Govt, trust me, the level of absurdity in procuring things is ridiculous. We have to use a third party vendor to get all our supplies, no matter the cost, if we don't place a certain amount of orders through them per month we are fined millions of dollars.

It sure sounded like you were implying civil service was a right in your post.

How many large corporations you worked for?
Hell, my first job out of college we needed like 50 large 3 ring binders for documentation of our custom software system. I was told to order it from our office supply vendor who was going to charge us 5x the cost I could go buy them locally. $15/ea vs $3/ea. I thought it was ridiculous to spend that much for a 3 ring binder so I went to Wal-Mart and pretty well bought out all they had for ~$150 vs the $750 it would have costs. I spent the next month trying to get reimbursed for my good deed. Never again.

I could cite 100's of larger, and much, much costlier wasteful practices I've witnessed with waste into the millions...tens of millions.

How many large corporations you worked for?
Hell, my first job out of college we needed like 50 large 3 ring binders for documentation of our custom software system. I was told to order it from our office supply vendor who was going to charge us 5x the cost I could go buy them locally. $15/ea vs $3/ea. I thought it was ridiculous to spend that much for a 3 ring binder so I went to Wal-Mart and pretty well bought out all they had for ~$150 vs the $750 it would have costs. I spent the next month trying to get reimbursed for my good deed. Never again.

I could cite 100's of larger, and much, much costlier wasteful practices I've witnessed with waste into the millions...tens of millions.

It’s simple RQ, private business can go broke and out of business. Govt run agencies can’t, or the entire govt would be gone. That’s the problem, the govt isn’t efficient because it doesn’t have to be.
I promise you, the stats that govt run healthcare would be the same cost as private is a fantasy. The care would be less and the cost more.

The math is not easy, that's part of the point you refuse to listen to.

It takes a PhD in economics to try to make a cogent case for this nonsense, and the Paul Kraugman's of the world are always proven drastically wrong by other economists if not in theory but in the end when the rubber actually meets the road.

Here I'll try to actually simplify the math things for you... you know those fat overweight people people were mocking in this thread, well we have 2-3 times the diabetes rates (or whatever, I'm not looking up statistics and how they are measured) of the western industrial nations you point to with some socialized healthcare. If we have 150 diabetes patiens for every 100 they have, then you have to take that into account.

Diabetes is expensive to manage and it leads to expensive complications and expensive diseases like stroke and coma etc. And most of the time it can be prevented by exercise and diet, so there is some personal responsibility there which a private insurance system takes account in the form of higher premiums where the socialized system doesn't.

It's not the same thing as public workers in education or police or whatever else because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to bill a policemen to protect you when there's nothing you can do to guarantee your safety but there's a whole mess of things you can do to decrease, or increase, your likelihood of getting sick. And it's not that they in Europe are healthier because they have "free" access to care that they have to wait longer for and sit in longer lines.

And diabetes is just one, but major variable... There's a lot of variables to consider which you just simply have to ignore in your simple "well if they can do it, why can't we" argument. They do what they do not as well as what we do and not in response to the same problem we have, which is a more diverse population (more genetic variance is more variability of disease you have to treat) that gets way too many of their meals out of a drive through window.

There is a bit of distinction that needs to be made.

There can be conditions set forth to obtain aid but those conditions cannot be based on helping an individual's campaign or digging dirt on a political rival. Just think about that for a moment...
If I set conditions based upon you helping me I also control when I think you've delivered the appropriate amount of help. You've incentivised and created a requirement for a desired result, not asked for an honest evaluation/investigation.

"Bin Laden was a big thing, but this is the biggest there is, this is the worst ever," Trump said. "Osama bin Laden was big, but Osama bin Laden became big with the World Trade Center. This is a man who built a whole, as you would like to call it a country, a caliphate and was trying to do it again."

He can't help himself, he has to try and spin it to make it look like he did something greater than Obama. And just give it a few days...he will try and take more and more credit. Before the end he will claim he was the one that placed the suicide vest on al-Baghdadi and pushed the button to ignite it. Obama lives rent free in his head. He even had to stage a photograph of him in the situation room. How do we know it was staged? Because the photo timestamp shows was 1 hour 35 minutes after the operation had ended.
He's not taking credit here. Just sayin it's a bigger event the getting OBL.

M4A single payer system has not been tried in one single state.
Besides, if a provider only has to move across a state line to avoid a law then you've only proved that they will seek the most money. We already know that. What will they do if they get the same reimbursement rate regardless of their locality? You think rural hospitals would be closing if providers got the same reimbursement for caring for someone in Columbia vs in Lexington?

I would beg to differ. This from NPR of all media outlets.

Given he has had to fix umpteen fubars that the chosen one effed up, I can see why he would bring up the worst POTUS in our lifetime quite often.
Then I feel sorry for whomever follows trump because they are going to have their hands full of his f ups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT