POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, from today's statement, "It would be unfair to potentially, it would be unfair to potentially accuse somebody of a crime when there can be no court resolution of the actual charge." He made the statement you're looking for in as plain terms as he was legally able.

Hmmm, wonder why he indicted the twelve russians? :flushed: .

He was not able to make a traditional prosecutional judgement like you're referring to because of the standing DoJ rule. Not because they found he didn't commit a crime. In fact the opposite.
Nothing stopped him from saying Trump committed a crime. He just said they couldn't act on it if he did.

To put the facts before Congress for the appropriate constitutional process. It's been stated repeatedly in both the report itself and today's statement. "the opinion says that the Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing."
Putting anything before Congress doesn’t mean he obstructed. And I love how now liberals say well the investigation didn’t mean anything because Mueller couldn’t take any action. Why didn’t it just go straight to Congress then for an investigation?

When Barack and Hillary are tried for treason, found guilty of treason and then executed live on national television, then the country can have closure.

Riiiiiight.

I’m getting #MEMODAY vibes from a lot of you today. Hilarious.

All for Donald Trump. A man who wouldn’t piss on any of his voters if they were on fire, let alone any American who isn’t a part of his base.

Pick better heroes.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
Putting anything before Congress doesn’t mean he obstructed. And I love how now liberals say well the investigation didn’t mean anything because Mueller couldn’t take any action. Why didn’t it just go straight to Congress then for an investigation?
Because of the difference in the new Special Counsel law which puts it in the DoJ. Compare it to Kenn Starr's investigation under the old Independent Counsel law where he delivered his report directly to Congress instead of the AG.

Riiiiiight.

I’m getting #MEMODAY vibes from a lot of you today. Hilarious.

All for Donald Trump. A man who wouldn’t piss on any of his voters if they were on fire, let alone any American who isn’t a part of his base.

Pick better heroes.
He isn’t my hero. But Barack and Hillary should definitely be tried for treason. They tried to overthrow a duly elected President.

Every president is gonna be investigated from now on.

Trump now has the mandate to spy on every single Democrat presidential campaign while using every apparatus of the federal government to try and entrap and frame them. So that's pretty cool.

And if the Dems keep it up, he'll win in a landslide in 2020, so he'll be able to sweep it all under the rug as was intended when god Empress Hilary Clinton, winner of the 2016 Popular Vote, was supposed to take office.

Because of the difference in the new Special Counsel law which puts it in the DoJ. Compare it to Kenn Starr's investigation under the old Independent Counsel law where he delivered his report directly to Congress instead of the AG.
Please. Democrats are now saying they will do their own investigation- not just rely on the Mueller report.

We're talking about the same Robert Mueller that fought to knowingly let four innocent men rot in jail then stonewall an investigation while heading the FBI until he was threatened with contempt.

And also lied about WMDs in Iraq.

That's the bastion of honor and Justice these loony toons have hung their hat on.

Please. Democrats are now saying they will do their own investigation- not just rely on the Mueller report.

Now Trump just needs to do a good job obstructing this one so they can't find any evidence after two years. Then he'll just need to obstruct the investigation into the obstruction of the obstruction investigation. Rinse and repeat until 2024.

Because they couldn't as prohibited by DoJ rule. Otherwise they would have. So they gave it to the appropriate constitutional agent, Congress.

No, he stated they did NOT determine if Trump committed a crime. It’s wordsmithing to keep this alive.
All he would’ve had to say was Trump committed crimes, but we can’t indict, simple.
Instead he said we couldn’t prove he was innocent. That’s not how this works.

He clearly stated that he couldn't accuse Trump of a crime because it couldn't be played out in court. We're you listening?
Again, that doesn't mean he couldn't SAY it, just that they couldn't ACT on it.

But you keep beating that dead horse.

That’s the way it’s supposed to work. Congress investigates and finds a crime. Then a Special counsel is appointed. This whole charade is bass ackwards. The special counsel didn’t find a crime so he handed it off to congress to create one.

Reactions: irishcat1965
No, he stated they did NOT determine if Trump committed a crime. It’s wordsmithing to keep this alive.
All he would’ve had to say was Trump committed crimes, but we can’t indict, simple.
Instead he said we couldn’t prove he was innocent. That’s not how this works.
No, as I quoted earlier, "It would be unfair to potentially, it would be unfair to potentially accuse somebody of a crime when there can be no court resolution of the actual charge. So that was Justice Department policy. Those were the principles under which we operated, and from them we concluded that we would, would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime."

They were legally prevented from making a determination. But if they had been able to they would have, as stated in the report, "Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President's conduct. The evidence we obtained about the President's actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment."

People want to think I hate wealthy people but that isn't so....I do not care for wealthy people who want me to think they are oppressed.

I gotta say you guys are showing remarkable patience and civility here. I guess the three day weekend softened some of you up.

Reactions: sefus12
For what it’s worth Kim also called trump a mentally deranged dotard but hey if you think you proved a point....

In hindsight, Lil’ Kim making a sizeable percent of the global population search the word “dotard” was amazing.

But yeah Kim and Trump deserve each other.

The American people deserve much, much better.

Reactions: ballerstu2u
No, as I quoted earlier, "It would be unfair to potentially, it would be unfair to potentially accuse somebody of a crime when there can be no court resolution of the actual charge. So that was Justice Department policy. Those were the principles under which we operated, and from them we concluded that we would, would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime."

They were legally prevented from making a determination. But if they had been able to they would have, as stated in the report, "Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President's conduct. The evidence we obtained about the President's actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment."

That’s exactly what I wrote, they didn’t make a determination. You’re determining that means they are saying he obstructed but can’t do anything about it, when he says right off the bat they didn’t make a determination.

He most definitely could’ve had a sealed indictment until Trump was out of office if he thought he could indict him. Instead he punted and now wants to keep it alive.

Barack makes Trump look like Lincoln and Einstein all rolled up into one person.

Did all those BIG WORDS Obama used fry your damn brain???

LMAO!!!

I thought Obama spoke rather plainly. Predictable cadence and themes throughout his presidential speeches. Not the greatest orator, but certainly respectable as the POTUS.

Then Trump comes along, and when he speaks...he’s only relateable to the lowbrow, uneducated bums who want to take this country backwards.

Sad!!

That’s exactly what I wrote, they didn’t make a determination. You’re determining that means they are saying he obstructed but can’t do anything about it, when he says right off the bat they didn’t make a determination.

He most definitely could’ve had a sealed indictment until Trump was out of office if he thought he could indict him. Instead he punted and now wants to keep it alive.
Wrong again. Again, today's statement, "The introduction to the volume two of our report explains that decision. It explains that under long-standing department policy, a president cannot be charged with a federal crime while he is in office. That is unconstitutional. Even if the charge is kept under seal and hidden from public view, that too is prohibited."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT