ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

This is part of the reason. First picture is 2017.

K%20Week-students%20form%20K%20on%20football%20field%20%281280x850%29_0.jpg

210820classpicture002_2.webp

GVxRIu8WAAAqAJ0

Reactions: HUBER
There are two new ones in the last couple of months alone. El Mariachi in the former Burger-Fi spot on the corner of Euclid-Rose and Viva Mexico in the old Wines on Vine. It’s absurd.

There’s 24 liquor licenses to Mexican restaurants in Lexington that just start with El or La. Total number is probably double that and that’s no including ones that don’t serve alcohol or taco trucks.

Between the construction and move in... the hood has been ridiculous. Lex is always a mess but last 2 weeks has been gridlock.

I'd vote for any mayor that would:

1. Eliminate stop lights on NC and MOW.
2. Complete the MOW circle
3. Connect BGP and 64/75.

Not going all-in on light rail? lol

I’m never gonna complain “oh no there are too many taco/Mexican options”.

Let me take you to the torta place that sends out wait staff in luchadore masks and giant sparklers for a birthday and I’ll show you a few things.

Reactions: jayroon
Using my free Draft King $25 bet to win $142.50 (thanks to Austin Wells) was nice. Now, to turn that into $42k on that 30,000 odd for Justin Thomas to win the Tour Championship or nah? He don’t have a chance but it would be $42k.

Brady, this quote hit where I needed it today. “Success is what you think of yourself when no one else is looking.” I’ve busted my balls trying to do my best to take care of my dying mother and my dad who’s dying on the inside watching it while a sibling is just chasing the dollar and showing up maybe once a month at best when they live 5 minutes away. It’s been fkn hard, but that was a much needed statement. Can’t wait to bring my son back down there to the store, I will try to get there when you’re there this time.

Randy Travis has been all I’ve listened to for 3 days.

I love an occasional good ole fatty American tex Mex feast & sugar Margs extravaganza as much As anyone, but No free chips/salsa is as good of a sign as you could ever want if seeking a proper Mexican treat.

Extra bonus if zero English audible or visible, with a side sauce feeling of “we accept your business, but are you in the wrong place, gringo?”

That’s the spot. And if “they” are all eating soup for lunch, Mid summer, triple bonus jackpot .

I actually think inauthentic Mexican is the best. Much better than the real Mexican bullshit and a F-ton better than trendy gourmet Mexican.

Process is simple.

Show up at la restaurante.
Eat free chips and salsa.
Actually say “sirbayza” when ordering your beer.
Say “por favor” a lot.
Eat your food.
Pay at the counter. Toss in a “muy bien.”
And go home.

Seriously, wtf is BBdK even talking about. Yeah let’s just accept their racism, take their slurs and eat their shitty food when Rio Grande always delivers. With class.

Between the construction and move in... the hood has been ridiculous. Lex is always a mess but last 2 weeks has been gridlock.

I'd vote for any mayor that would:

1. Eliminate stop lights on NC and MOW.
2. Complete the MOW circle
3. Connect BGP and 64/75.

All good, but I'd settle for hooking up Citation and MOW at this point.

Tons of construction around campus. Most of it near the orange lot is on the corner of Limestone/Cooper. They've taken up part of the orange lot for parking and material staging though.

Across the street at Limestone/Waller is a massive project being done by UK Healthcare. They tore down the main building thar was the University Inn and most of the State St neighborhood. Students are going to need a new place to burn couches after a big win.

Both views are from my truck, sitting on Waller to cross Limestone.

A lot of UK healthcare facilities going up
They're building new towers.- new parking garage - and eventually moving Good Samaritan Hospital
They also acquired King's Daughters Hospital in Ashland and something or other in Moorehead

think they already removed parts of the Ag College too make room & I park at the orange lot every day for work -

I didn't know they still used leaches in medicine - sure as hell do though

Reactions: 80 Proof
Cubs finally at .500

The players are in place and it will be down right stupid the deal Juan Soto is going to get but I hope the cubs go all in for him in the offseason.

Tons of construction around campus. Most of it near the orange lot is on the corner of Limestone/Cooper. They've taken up part of the orange lot for parking and material staging though.
8kTZH1k.jpeg

Across the street at Limestone/Waller is a massive project being done by UK Healthcare. They tore down the main building thar was the University Inn and most of the State St neighborhood. Students are going to need a new place to burn couches after a big win.
HuYztFJ.jpeg

Both views are from my truck, sitting on Waller to cross Limestone.
A massive cancer center is going in on corner where university inn was.

Mexican randos…..

* be very wary of a restaurant that brings your food out in like 2-3 minutes. You didn’t cook that, so don’t even pretend.

* understaffed? On a wait? Sorry, that section is closed? Not at a Mexican restaurant. They’ll throw up a table out back by the dumpster and have margs and chips in hand in 30 seconds if they have to, but they are NOT slow rolling business. That’s exclusively an American concept.

* there is no hangover like a cheap marg hangover. Ugh.

* Green > Red

* if there’s a tv on and it’s NOT showing futbol (or Telemundo) —> leave.

* Jalepenos was always the PTI (pti) family go to. Was for decades. And not the new flashy upscale version on Broadway, but the “real” one on New Circle. RIP.

I love an occasional good ole fatty American tex Mex feast & sugar Margs extravaganza as much As anyone, but No free chips/salsa is as good of a sign as you could ever want if seeking a proper Mexican treat.

Extra bonus if zero English audible or visible, with a side sauce feeling of “we accept your business, but are you in the wrong place, gringo?”

That’s the spot. And if “they” are all eating soup for lunch, Mid summer, triple bonus jackpot .
You ever been to Tortilleria Y Taqueria Ramirez?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT