POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The issue is they did it with politics. What’s more important getting Kavanaugh in or continuing to control the house/senate?

It’s that simple. If they rammed this through then we lose control because so many would have been turned off......that’s what the dems were playing for. They weren’t expecting the investigation to take place and that’s why they were so confused by how it happened!

Bingo!!

For all the nonsense that Trump is a fool, he absolutely outmaneuvered the Dems on this.

Guarantee that the story about Rosenstein was leaked in the hopes Trump would fire him. Notice when it came out.
If he did call for an investigation into Kavenaugh, they could use the excuse that Trump has an iron rule on the FBI to downplay the fact they find nothing.
Only he didn’t fire him, now Rosenstein is hanging the breeze effectively neutered, the Dems can’t use that excuse, and Trump called for the investigation the Dems wanted.

Their bluff was called and raised.

Trump may lose Kavenaugh, but pick up enough seats to ram through someone even more strict. As well as get the wall he wants.

Bingo!!

For all the nonsense that Trump is a fool, he absolutely outmaneuvered the Dems on this.

Guarantee that the story about Rosenstein was leaked in the hopes Trump would fire him. Notice when it came out.
If he did call for an investigation into Kavenaugh, they could use the excuse that Trump has an iron rule on the FBI to downplay the fact they find nothing.
Only he didn’t fire him, now Rosenstein is hanging the breeze effectively neutered, the Dems can’t use that excuse, and Trump called for the investigation the Dems wanted.

Their bluff was called and raised.

Trump may lose Kavenaugh, but pick up enough seats to ram through someone even more strict. As well as get the wall he wants.
If he does go down I would like to see Trump go out and find the most conservative judge in the U.S. of A. Someone Dems will lose their mind over. I have no idea who this person is but I would love to see it.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
::

First off, I like you as a poster and the other thread is inconsequential. I shouldn't have brought it up.

But, the Republicans disappointing me and UK football disappointing me have about the same odds. Occasional highs, but a whole lot of lows.

How many delays did we have last week alone?

They could have met closed door in California.

They could have met Monday.

They could have voted at 9:30 yesterday.

That's not the last delay.

The dems aren't waiting for any FBI report. They don't care what's in it. The report is only the mechanism to set up the next step in the flow chart. It buys them time to pivot to something else.

They are only interested in keeping him off the court. This is not free flowing. Do you think that they haven't thought of all the scenarios of what the next move will be?

This is somewhat true, but it’s in mitch’s hands to be as disciplined to start the vote as Grassly was to end yday dead at 2pm whether anyone was ready or not.

Set the time and be ready, and please lord let thedems no show to protest.

Treat them like children off in their rooms pouting because that is what this is, and I do get it but it’s time for the adults to hold them accountable.

We have allowed things to happen, granted request and now it stops.

And let Flake, Collins and Morwhatever vote against! I dare you!!

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
LOL NOPE

If you believe the one week scope I don’t know what to tell you other than you’re wrong and you’ve hung around here, you know better.

The scope for the FBI is find *anything* so Flake, who is Beelzebub, can say “hmmmm this is troubling, we need more time”

It’s as sure as the sun rising.

Edit: sorry @morgousky didnt make it to your post, same thing.

Their scope is Fords case, not these other claims. Sure they can waist time on it for patterns of consistency if they want but Mitch/Trump can absolutely control the scope of report.

If he does go down I would like to see Trump go out and find the most conservative judge in the U.S. of A. Someone Dems will lose their mind over. I have no idea who this person is but I would love to see it.
That person would be Barrett. Under 50, female, anti abortion, Dems worst nightmare. Question is after this fiasco would she want any part of it??

Their scope is Fords case, not these other claims. Sure they can waist time on it for patterns of consistency if they want but Mitch/Trump can absolutely control the scope of report.
I agree and that would be nice but I can also see Democrats saying the FBI report is useless and all it did was say what the "biased" GOP investigation said. They will claim for a fair investigation it must cover the other allegations. The media will beat their drum for them. Every single one of them said they would never vote for the nominee. No FBI investigation is going to change that. They do not oppose him because some bimbo said he tried to rape her, they oppose him because he is a conservative and threatens their power over the court system. If we had a fair media things would be a lot different but we do not.

It's my understanding that Trump can appoint a judge to the SC by exec order for 6 months. Is that correct? That would give the lib/dims 6 months to investigate all they wsnt.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat

The one and only.

Ted Cruz.

I've been saying it. If they railroad this nominee, throw Ted's name out there and at least make them sweat like John Edwards chasing an ambulance.

If Kavanaugh doesn't get the votes, I want Trump to nominate Ted Nugent next time.

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

Women never lie.

ruiz.jpeg

Rosie Ruiz

It's my understanding that Trump can appoint a judge to the SC by exec order for 6 months. Is that correct? That would give the lib/dims 6 months to investigate all they wsnt.

That’s my understanding. But the dems would just find a way to stop it and we’d bend for a fat one

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Ok so the investigation does include Deborah Ramirez claim that Kavanaugh flashed her his junk while at Yale.

Not so bad.

Also all of Judge, Smyth, Kavanaugh and Ford are reported to work with the investigation. Leland Kyser is the only one who hasn’t been reported as willing to cooperate but she has already signed an avidavitt that she doesn’t ever remember being at a party with those 2 at the same time.

If she changes her story then the original is prosecutable as perjury? I think that’s how it works.

And I’m sorry you can’t have said to be at a party with just 5 people and and not know.

Plus, the SC wouldn't just decide to overturn Roe. There would have to be court cases that would be appealed to get to the SC. The baby killers are just being hysterical over that issue.
Good and valid point. Personally I can not see Roe being overturned. There is too much money in killing babies. It is a billion dollar industry. Many doctors become millionaires in a matter of a few years. Money drives this train.

I mean how many prominent democrats should be prosecuted for various crimes? The list is extremely long. People like Graham will protect them. "They're good people"

Whatever. Prosecute. You know they'd prosecute any R for the same crime.

I mean how many prominent democrats should be prosecuted for various crimes? The list is extremely long. People like Graham will protect them. "They're good people".

You know, even though Graham made the comments he did I still do not trust him past first base. His track record of being buddy buddy to people like the liberal lady from California is there. He is friends with these people in a way that is not good. Diane Feinstein is not "good people". Good people do not do what she did and this is not the first time she pulled a sleezy trick. Graham and Flake are John McCain mentors and nothing good came from John McCain in politics.

A very good low cost alternative to the 10-22 is the Marlin Model 795. Essentially, it's a Marlin Model 60 outfitted with a synthetic stock and a 10 round detachable magazine. They run about $160 and are known for their fine accuracy.

Reactions: USSLair and IdaCat
Maybe we can get this guy as a SC justice?

Check out @ThomasSowell’s Tweet:

This is a critical aspect of the debate overall in our culture... your feelings are not reality and feelings can and often do deceive; what you feel to be right isn't necessarily true.

That whole elevator scene, lady was unhinged because she feels threatened that her daughter would feel negatively because someone in power was accused of sexual assault, which ultimately means you feel he is guilty without regard to evidence showing him to be so.

That truth is enough to her... Her feelings distort her reality and you can't talk to those people like they are rational because they are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT