POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I called it. I knew immediately it was BS. Knew it. Why? Because Muslims pull this crap all the time. Second, those of us who absolutely detest Muslims, don’t bother to even get around them let alone try to cut their stupid headpiece.

Jesus, please tell me you're being facetious. On a related note, I heard that other coaches have been showing Zion Williamson this thread. We're obviously entitled to think whatever we want, but *damn* these kinds of views look ugly on us.

Imagine if someone sends a screenshot of your post to Enes Kanter on Twitter...

Jesus, please tell me you're being facetious. On a related note, I heard that other coaches have been showing Zion Williamson this thread. We're obviously entitled to think whatever we want, but *damn* these kinds of views look ugly on us.

[roll]good one, you had me going there for a minute, well done sir.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

I call BS on this. Very idiotic post. Just another attempt by some moron to try and control what is posted on here. Go away.

Just heard Gutfeld say that during the Hawaii press conference on Saturday, instead of showing it live, CNN chose to skip it and rerun Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury interviews.

Reactions: screwduke1
I call BS on this. Very idiotic post. Just another attempt by some moron to try and control what is posted on here. Go away.

I mean, let's be honest. We have a dude with a confederate flag in his avatar. There are hundreds and hundreds of replies here that are highly inflammatory when it comes to ethnicity, religion, and the crazy idea that some people might not be conservative with their political views.

All of them under a banner that implies you're a supporter of UK athletics.

You don't think that's worth considering?

I mean, let's be honest. We have a dude with a confederate flag in his avatar.

Let's be honest. You're a troglodyte and have absolutely no clue what my avatar means and/or stands for. It's an inside joke. Those on this board get it. Making an uninformed assumption makes you the moron.

You don't think that's worth considering.

Nope, because it's nonsense. Also, if it isn't nonsense, and this thread is truly being shown and recruits take it into consideration, then screw 'em. It's not like we're personally bashing recruits in the political thread. We are all entitled to our opinions and if anyone, much less a basketball recruit, can't handle that, then they can piss off.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
So the 4 indictments surrounding uranium one... we're all settled so that no transcripts are public..

They were all prosecuted by the same people..Andrew Weissman and rod rosenstein

They were all assigned to...fbi agent Andrew McCabe...

They were all assigned to the same judge, Theodore Chuang... who went to Harvard with obama.. AND was the same judge who ruled against trumps travel ban.

AND NOW...that same judge has been assigned to the Lambert case.

What .... the.... fu...

Because obviously someone very powerful are pulling strings for them obviously. Probably a group of people.

But who? I don't see how it can be kept so quiet

Let's be honest. You're a troglodyte and have absolutely no clue what my avatar means and/or stands for. It's an inside joke. Those on this board get it. Making an uninformed assumption makes you the moron.

Nope, because it's nonsense. Also, if it isn't nonsense, and this thread is truly being shown and recruits take it into consideration, then screw 'em. It's not like we're personally bashing recruits in the political thread. We are all entitled to our opinions and if anyone, much less a basketball recruit, can't handle that, then they can piss off.

I said it before that we're obviously entitled to our own opinions.

I just know I'd be taken aback if I was a black athlete reading those replies when the NFL protests were a hot topic. I remember seeing stuff that was (IMO) insensitive at best and downright hateful at worst. Lots of those replies should probably be on Reddit instead of a UK message board.

I mean, let's be honest. We have a dude with a confederate flag in his avatar. There are hundreds and hundreds of replies here that are highly inflammatory when it comes to ethnicity, religion, and the crazy idea that some people might not be conservative with their political views.

Where is the flag? In any case no, when we start controlling what people are allowed to post politically because of PC, the left wins. Not something this country can survive imo.

I just know I'd be taken aback if I was a black athlete reading those replies

And, white or black, you'd be an idiot to allow the opinions of random, anonymous posters in a political thread affect you emotionally. Sports aren't a safe space, especially professional sports where you're paid millions.

If said athlete can't handle dumbass political opinions, how's he going to handle the heat of a professional fanbase dogging him on TV, the radio, message boards etc... every waking moment? My advice? Man up and grow thicker skin.

Reactions: warrior-cat

Well #metoo went too far. Atlantic printed an oped that most agree with. This was an excerpt.

They say this was just a case of white woman trying to tear down a brown person.

LOL. Can only make frivilous sexual harassment claims against white people. Because OF COURSE
Yeah, this is a weird deal for me. I don't particularly like him, but I don't think he was that far out of line, either. The claw thing was creepy, but he never forced or threatened her to do anything. Edited to say that the story indicates he always stopped when she said stop... he was just hard headed and persistent about starting agin and that's where the line gets fuzzy.

I believe she was trying to bring him down for attention or money or whatever, but I don't think skin color can play a part after she willfully polished a brown man's knob at the behest of mere gesturing.

Yeah, this is a weird deal for me. I don't particularly like him, but I don't think he was that far out of line, either. The claw thing was creepy, but he never forced or threatened her to do anything. Edited to say that the story indicates he always stopped when she said stop... he was just hard headed and persistent about starting agin and that's where the line gets fuzzy.

I believe she was trying to bring him down for attention or money or whatever, but I don't think skin color can play a part after she willfully polished a brown man's knob at the behest of mere gesturing.

Exactly. It was odd, in poor taste, whatever. But nothing forceful or against her will. It's a sham like most of these claims are.

My problem is noone in media came to a man's defense until it was a "brown" person accused.

I can only speak for myself, but:
1) Tell me, who in this thread has a confederate flag in his or her avatar?
2) "Highly inflammatory" is subjective. To whom? Snowflakes?
3) The reason I visit and participate in this thread is because, I seek an honest, frank discussion of the issues that face America today. I welcome your opinion into this marketplace of ideas. But leave your bleeding heart at the door, not really interested in sparing anyone's feelings when our nation is in such poor shape.

"Former President Barack Obama resurfaced on Friday and took a shot at Fox News viewers, saying they’re “living on a different planet” than people who consume mainstream media."

So if FN viewers live on a different planet, they can't be human since all humans live on earth. Net, Obama has called FN viewers inhuman. But somehow that's not as outrageous as calling places, not people, shit holes?

Reactions: Willy4UK
And, white or black, you'd be an idiot to allow the opinions of random, anonymous posters in a political thread affect you emotionally. Sports aren't a safe space, especially professional sports where you're paid millions.

If said athlete can't handle dumbass political opinions, how's he going to handle the heat of a professional fanbase dogging him on TV, the radio, message boards etc... every waking moment? My advice? Man up and grow thicker skin.

"I don't want to hear your political views. Just play the game." - signed, A Ton of Replies in this Thread, 72% of Matt Jones' Followers on Twitter, and Future Replies in this Thread

And to be clear, the most crass replies have nothing to do with politics. They're usually indictments on an entire race/ethnicity/religious group, coupled with numerous "likes."

That could totally be framed as a snapshot of UK fans, especially considering the preexisting Kentucky stereotype of dumb, country, racist, etc.

I hope Pat Forde doesn't get this idea: "Hey I'm gonna go through this entire 2,000-page thread and screenshot the most extreme comments I can find. Then I'm gonna land them in an article about college sports and message boards."

It would no doubt be damaging.

WASHINGTON—Shortly before his death in February 2016, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia spoke favorably of Donald Trump’s presidential run.

“Justice Scalia thought it was most refreshing to have a candidate who was pretty much unfiltered and utterly frank,” said the late jurist’s literary collaborator, Bryan Garner, a legal dictionary editor who spent two weeks in 2016 traveling with Justice Scalia through several Asian countries.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/justic...ntial-run-author-bryan-garner-says-1516021380

"Former President Barack Obama resurfaced on Friday and took a shot at Fox News viewers, saying they’re “living on a different planet” than people who consume mainstream media."

So if FN viewers live on a different planet, they can't be human since all humans live on earth. Net, Obama has called FN viewers inhuman. But somehow that's not as outrageous as calling places, not people, shit holes?
Obama is a shithole.

"I don't want to hear your political views. Just play the game." - signed, A Ton of Replies in this Thread, 72% of Matt Jones' Followers on Twitter, and Future Replies in this Thread

And to be clear, the most crass replies have nothing to do with politics. They're usually indictments on an entire race/ethnicity/religious group, coupled with numerous "likes."

That could totally be framed as a snapshot of UK fans, especially considering the preexisting Kentucky stereotype of dumb, country, racist, etc.

I hope Pat Forde doesn't get this idea: "Hey I'm gonna go through this entire 2,000-page thread and screenshot the most extreme comments I can find. Then I'm gonna land them in an article about college sports and message boards."

Your opinion like your post count is not high enough on the intelligence scale for most on here to consider. More importantly, totally wrong.

Exactly. It was odd, in poor taste, whatever. But nothing forceful or against her will. It's a sham like most of these claims are.

My problem is noone in media came to a man's defense until it was a "brown" person accused.

Let's be real... this was just a white liberal who thinks it's okay for her to speak for minorities. Media member is a stretch.

Oh dude, stfu.

There's maybe 1 out of every 500 posts that could be considered bad.. and usually, they're tongue in cheek. Get the hell over yourself.

Is Missouri still getting black athletes? If forde(is that you or your employer) wants to write an article about anonymous message board posters.. I hope he's not expecting an award.

Tell me, who in this thread has a confederate flag in his or her avatar?

I do, but I'm paying homage. She's a hell of a gal going through some hard times. Explained below...

Need a little help
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
lexielynne,

Hey fellow UK fans! My name is Lexie. I have no idea who else to turn to so i'm hoping someone here could help me out. It's at the end of the month, and I am out of money and out of food. So i am wondering if someone could lend me $20 through paypal, and I will be glad to pay you back come the 29th. (I get my SS Check early due to the 1st being a holiday). If you could be so generous, please send the money to my PayPal email lexielynne83@gmail.com. Thanks in advance!
U9K
Try this. Hope it works. Good luck.

http://bfy.tw/FiHc

TheKentuckyKid

Who is Jeremy?
lexielynne

That's me! Same person. I'm a transgender female. Jeremy is my former name.

lexielynne

Here's my other facebook just in case you don't believe me. I did request deletion on my "Jeremy" page. Totally forgot I had that one up.

https://www.facebook.com/lexielynne

TheKentuckyKid

You and @Willy4UK should be able to work something out.

It got axed pretty quickly.

Your opinion like your post count is not high enough on the intelligence scale for most on here to consider. More importantly, totally wrong.

We all start at 0. Been lurking on this thread for a while and figured I'd interact. Been browsing Rupp Rafters forever, which is easily the best college bball board on the internet. Go Cats. Also, not sold that Vanderbilt is going to change the team's trajectory this year. Dude is clearly scared to step on the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT