POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The libs and the one 'conservative' that have started 20 plus accounts are f-cking losers...one reason is they deny they ever had any previous accounts when it's beyond obvious they have. They usually have completely embarrassed themselves under previous accounts so they keep starting new ones and their account is almost always less than a year old. We have had idiots with a 3 day old account show up on the political thread of sports site and act like they have never been here before.

Knowls has had to start new accounts because of run ins with the mods, when he posts there is no denying who it is, everyone knows regardless what name it is under. He is probably the most popular poster here by far...it's a completely different situation than the losers who start account after account because they have embarrassed themselves. If the other posters that have had to start other accounts went missing no one would care, we probably wouldn't notice if they went missing. If your account vanished, no one would give a sh-t.
Big difference between losers whose life and identity are tied to an internet forum posting prolly 50 plus times a day and someone who’s posted a few hundred times in ten plus years. I wouldn’t give a $hit myself if my account vanished and sure as hell wouldn’t take a second of my day to open another account. Y’all are all up-in-arms about a missing keyboard warrior who has to switch accounts to be fulfilled.

How does it feel to be wrong? Especially when it’s your entire career and you’re being schooled by a layman. Thought about dragging up your old posts now that the verdict’s come down but figured you’d be unable to stay quiet anyway. So here to eat your crow?
I don’t think you understand the judicial process or jurisdiction. I have never commented on how the Colorado state appellate court would rule. And, I am sorry you are not the historian you thought you were.

It’s a statutory right vs a constitutional right. A statute cannot be written or applied in a way that violates the constitution.
So now you think the Civil Rights Act will be found unconstitutional? Would be a pretty monumental shift in American politics. Think SCOTUS is willing to go that far?

Tell me you never took con law without telling me you never took con law.

(Every argument the idiot commie Dion has ever made here)
Why am I always right on my predictions of rulings then? Show one time I've been wrong. I was obviously correct here.

Sex is an immutable characteristic. Being gay or trans is not a choice. The cake is a pink cake with blue frosting. That is not speech. It’s a pink cake with blue frosting. Phillips is free to hate gay and trans people as much as he wants, but if he also wants to run a business he has to serve them. That’s the law. The trans person is just trying to buy a cake from a cake shop, not deny service to Phillips because he’s Christian.
Being a dude with a penis and calling yourself a woman does not immutably make you a woman and vice versa. Being Trans is by and large a choice.

Wrong. She asked for a pink cake with blue frosting. That is not compelled speech. He agreed to bake it. She said it was for a transition party. He then changed his mind and refused to make it because of that. After previously agreeing. That is the definition of refusal of service based on sex. As the courts agreed. You’re just flat wrong on the specifics and issues at play.

“We conclude that creating a pink cake with blue frosting is not inherently expressive and any message or symbolism it provides to an observer would not be attributed to the baker.” Courts own words.
How is it based on sex? That persons sex is not changing, no matter what they do. They are immutably a female. That will never change no matter what body mutilating surgeries or drugs they take. The only place they are a female is in their own mental dysphoria.

Pubs have had control of the House for 5 of the last 7 terms, the Senate for 3 of the last 5 terms, have split with the Dems on the last 4 Presidential terms and have held a conservative majority on the Supreme Court for the last 53 years.
You really think Big Oil is basing it's future decision making processes on who is running the government? That makes very little sense given the constant swings in political leadership in America.
Sure they make decisions on who is in charge or could be. Investing in wells is a 10-20 years timeframe. Can't count on Pubs staying in charge.

No, a pink cake with blue frosting is not compelled speech. As the court ruled. He wasn’t asked to bake a cake with, “I support sex transitioning!” on it. Just a colored cake. He initially agreed to make the cake and then refused once he found out who it is was for. Denial of service.
How many other bakers in the city could have made that cake?

Which is why it has to be litigated. The fundamental issue here is does religious belief give you the right to discriminate against others who are protected by the same legal mechanism your religious belief is. It’s a contradiction in our system that must be resolved.
The fundamental issue here is, he is being denied his right to practice his religion. They can go to another baker and get their cake. He has no recourse. They do.

Is it worse to force an opinion on another, or not respect the opinion of another? I say forcing the opinion is worse because it invades the first persons rights. The second person has lost nothing.

I don’t think you understand the judicial process or jurisdiction. I have never commented on how the Colorado state appellate court would rule. And, I am sorry you are not the historian you thought you were.
Here you are giving your opinion on how the ruling should've been made. You were wrong. Hang your hopes on SCOTUS if you want, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Reality: the baker has a constitutional right to freely express his religious beliefs without government interference.
And, yet, you seem okay with government dictating what your religious beliefs can be. It’s fun to point to one law and ignore others in an attempt to make your political point. But, one is a law that trumps the other. This guy will make you a cake. He just won’t participate in what he views as sin. Read the constitution. And, read the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. It’s good to know more than just a few laws when you play attorney on a message board.

No. Simple solution: bake the cake. Or go home. Problem solved.

No. It's his shop. Trans isn't a sex, it's a choice. Every single one. I don't give a shit how mentally ill they are, it's a choice to act on it. And half of these flip flopping gender idiots are just looking for attention, kind of like how in the 80's kids acted satanic because they garnered attention and pissed off the establishment.

Sure they make decisions on who is in charge or could be. Investing in wells is a 10-20 years timeframe. Can't count on Pubs staying in charge.
If they aren't investing in wells it is because they know something they aren't telling the public which is oil will be running out at some point in the next 100 years. They are taking that money and investing in alternative sources of energy that will enrich them going forward....guaranteed.
Technically, it won't run out but the cost to get it won't be worth the money they will make selling it.

That's the crux of the issue here - go to another baker. This was clearly a trouble maker looking to make trouble for the sake of making trouble. As to the situation itself, if you own a business it should be your choice to decide who you do and don't want to serve. Christian and don't want to serve gays? Fine. Gay and don't want to serve Christians? Fine. It's your money and your business, nobody should tell you how to run it.

How is it based on sex? That persons sex is not changing, no matter what they do. They are immutably a female. That will never change no matter what body mutilating surgeries or drugs they take. The only place they are a female is in their own mental dysphoria.

Until.they can figure out a way to make a born male have a working reproductive system with a uterus, fallopian tube, ovaries, mammary glands, etc, it's a male, no matter how it trues to dress up.

I can glue feathers all over my body, doesnt.make me a damn parakeet.

Until.they can figure out a way to make a born male have a working reproductive system with a uterus, fallopian tube, ovaries, mammary glands, etc, it's a male, no matter how it trues to dress up.

I can glue feathers all over my body, doesnt.make me a damn parakeet.
It'll never happen. Scientifically impossible, funny how they don't TRUST THE SCIENCE!BRO!! when it's inconvenient.

Reactions: Marleydogg
Don't worry. Our new ai overlords will be safe and effective while also fair and balanced. At least as probably reported by trusted unbiased news source cnn.

The bowels of the internet contain some of the worst things imaginable. A bot spends enough time in that unmitigated insane depravity, and it comes out sounding like Dion or sambowieshin. No surprise.

Question: pretty safe to assume people in past admins were gay. Does Biden get credit only because the individuals are open?

Seems so. If so, also seems they don't really care about the actual sexual orientation. Just the stated version.

Pretty amazing how everything lib is appearance over substance

No. It's his shop. Trans isn't a sex, it's a choice. Every single one. I don't give a shit how mentally ill they are, it's a choice to act on it. And half of these flip flopping gender idiots are just looking for attention, kind of like how in the 80's kids acted satanic because they garnered attention and pissed off the establishment.

They're brainwashed/exploited by doctors/pharma for profit, and they are failed by their parents/family and society, particularly schools.

They are to be above all else pitied for what's been done to them.

That is how you interpreted that? He said U.S. intelligence is run by lowlifes. And they are. U.S. Intelligence run by Brennan, Comey, McCabe and other slime who are gangster thugs much worse than the Mafia because they are in government. Not garbage pickup.

I agree 100% with Trump. The U.S. Intelligence is run by lowlifes and I would trust Putin before them and I don't trust Putin an inch. Please don't tell us you would prefer U.S. Intelligence over Putin. That doesn't make sense unless you want to destroy America.

3ef5eaef7d0dbd7e8861c168883e0075
At least you freely admit your a commie traitor

• Love
Reactions: jameslee32
Just last week you were professing to love the Constitution and liberty.
I do. And we will never be free until we are free from religion. As the Constitution states. You are free to practice in your personal sphere. But in the public realm if you choose to participate in activities with others and society, i.e. owning a cake shop, their freedoms must be taken into account as well. Where do my rights end and yours begin?

Normal liberal deflection. We could be more self-sufficient with cheaper gas if it were not for Joe.

Teacher my ass, you can't understand simple logic.
we could have really cheap gas if we nationalized the companies stealing our natural resources. want to pay down debt? national US energy and put all profits into debt payments.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Because he's refusing service based on what he thinks their sex is. If it was a man born male buying a cake for a party celebrating their manhood he wouldn't've refused.
All of them. Which is irrelevant to the fact that it's illegal for him to refuse service based on sex.

The fundamental issue here is, he is being denied his right to practice his religion. They can go to another baker and get their cake. He has no recourse. They do.

Is it worse to force an opinion on another, or not respect the opinion of another? I say forcing the opinion is worse because it invades the first persons rights. The second person has lost nothing.
He is not "being denied his right to practice his religion." He's free to close his doors and practice to his heart's content.

Except the cake. If one person can deny service then the rest can as well. This is how black people were kept out of towns across the South before '64. Denying property, housing, and food.

Ok, for hypothetical sake, let's say someone with a swastika neck tattoo walks in and asks for a white cake with white frosting in the shape of a kkk hood. No words.

You ok with forcing that baker to make that cake?

Cause sex isn't at issue here, the issue is someone making up their sex, which this guy disagrees with, based on his religion. As you liberals like to say, my rights don't end where yours begins, or whatever fool slogan it is.
if it was in the shape of a KKK hood then it would fall under implied symbolism and he could legally refuse it. And being a NAZI is not a protected class. total fail on your part

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT