POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Supreme Court a couple of years ago held that the concept of sex discrimination in Title VII includes discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity. That’s how gay and trans people are protected under federal law.
Yup, Bostock v. Clayton County. Basically if you're fine with Billy dating Susie you have to also be fine with Jill dating Susie.

The fundamental issue here is, he is being denied his right to practice his religion. They can go to another baker and get their cake. He has no recourse. They do.

Is it worse to force an opinion on another, or not respect the opinion of another? I say forcing the opinion is worse because it invades the first persons rights. The second person has lost nothing.
selling cakes is not practicing your religion. Thats called a buisness which is subject to laws. In his case civil rights laws. He is free to not sell cakes and go be a bigot all he wants. Or just sell them really shitty cakes so they don't come back.

Reactions: Dionysus444
As for cutting spending to extend the debt ceiling, I'd prefer:
- guarantee to not payoff student debt
- SPENDING as much as it takes to built a complete border wall, double the border agents, & stop paying for migrant housing & food
- requiring any future emergency plan to require a vote of Congress to continue beyond 1 month, including masking & vaxxing.
- ending CRT-type teaching in publicly funded schools

There could be other things. Bring em on.

As for cutting spending to extend the debt ceiling, I'd prefer:
- guarantee to not payoff student debt
- SPENDING as much as it takes to built a complete border wall, double the border agents, & stop paying for migrant housing & food
- requiring any future emergency plan to require a vote of Congress to continue beyond 1 month, including masking & vaxxing.
- ending CRT-type teaching in publicly funded schools

There could be other things. Bring em on.
Biden won't negotiate with terrorists. The GoP already voted to spend the money. They can either do their job and pay their debts or suffer the consuequences. If they want any of that shit they can do this thing called passing laws. I thought conservatives wanted single issue voting in congress? Sure seems like they only want whatever best suits their needs at the time.

Both are true at the same time. We should absolutely be pushing for negotiations at every stage. Diplomacy, not war. But it's up to Russia and Ukraine to accept those negotiations. We should also be helping the victim of an expansionist war with supplies so it can defend itself in the meantime.

Fn0y_braUAE0fIg

Biden won't negotiate with terrorists. The GoP already voted to spend the money. They can either do their job and pay their debts or suffer the consuequences. If they want any of that shit they can do this thing called passing laws. I thought conservatives wanted single issue voting in congress? Sure seems like they only want whatever best suits their needs at the time.
Perhaps you've stated this before, but how are Republicans' terrorists?

we could have really cheap gas if we nationalized the companies stealing our natural resources. want to pay down debt? national US energy and put all profits into debt payments.

You literally just typed the words commie traitor in your previous post.

And then present the most communistic nonsense as some kind of good thing?

Good lord, not real clever, are you?

I do. And we will never be free until we are free from religion. As the Constitution states. You are free to practice in your personal sphere. But in the public realm if you choose to participate in activities with others and society, i.e. owning a cake shop, their freedoms must be taken into account as well. Where do my rights end and yours begin?
Your rights end where mine begin. You have a right to have a cake made. You do not have the right to force one particular person to make it for you. How many cakes did you have to buy before you found someone to take your bait?

Because he's refusing service based on what he thinks their sex is. If it was a man born male buying a cake for a party celebrating their manhood he wouldn't've refused.

All of them. Which is irrelevant to the fact that it's illegal for him to refuse service based on sex.

'Man born male'. They ALL are.

'Based on sex', not some foolish attention seeking delusion.

Acrual chromosomal sex. You know, not what some clown wants you to call them in their narcissistic delusions of grandeur.

Again, I can glue feathers all over my body, doesn't make me a parakeet.

I do. And we will never be free until we are free from religion. As the Constitution states. You are free to practice in your personal sphere. But in the public realm if you choose to participate in activities with others and society, i.e. owning a cake shop, their freedoms must be taken into account as well. Where do my rights end and yours begin?

You are the most religious person in this thread.

if it was in the shape of a KKK hood then it would fall under implied symbolism and he could legally refuse it. And being a NAZI is not a protected class. total fail on your part

How about blind black black man asking for it? But he has a big old swastika tattooed on his forehead? Can he claim racial discrimination?

See how stupid the left is?

And why comedians like Dave Chappelle make millions off it?

Your rights end where mine begin.
You just restated my question with no new information.
You have a right to have a cake made. You do not have the right to force one particular person to make it for you.
In America currently you cannot be refused service over a list of issues. Sex being the operative one here. So yes, every business owner is compelled to provide service. If they do not want to for whatever reason they cannot continue to operate. You are just incorrect in your assertion.
How many cakes did you have to buy before you found someone to take your bait?
Everyone here repeats this like it’s some sort of gotcha. It isn’t. Yes, it’s a good thing that most aren’t bigoted in today’s day and age. How do you think we got there? You think it was the same in 1960s Alabama? You don’t think there would be towns in the South today that wouldn’t sell to gay people? Naive.

The real answer is that these legal issues need to be resolved for the good of all society.

False. When it comes to their business their right to refuse on religious beliefs trumps yours. They can go to another and do not have the right to impose their beliefs on you.

'Man born male'. They ALL are.

'Based on sex', not some foolish attention seeking delusion.

Acrual chromosomal sex. You know, not what some clown wants you to call them in their narcissistic delusions of grandeur.

Again, I can glue feathers all over my body, doesn't make me a parakeet.
It doesn’t matter what their sex is, you can’t discriminate based on it. Whether you think they’re a man or a woman or a kumquat doesn’t matter. You can’t discriminate on that.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT