POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In fear of being ostracized, I'd bet a lot of the black community is silently pissed at Obamma

I mean, did any of their lives get better under Obama? Nope. You'd think at one point they would wake up and realize that Dems have given them nothing.

Also, blacks should be for protecting the border more than anyone considering it hurts their employment more than anyone else.

As for the polls, impossible to know due to the shadiness of the media and the oversampling of Dems. The negative ads don't tend to work compared to positive ones. What can Hillary run on? Seriously? Her being a woman? She hasn't accomplished a damn thing as a career politician except for sponsorsing three bills where two were naming something after someone and making one a historic site. That's it. She has lined her pockets and achieved nothing.

People want to talk about Trump failures or whatever but even one person working at Trump Tower is more jobs than Hillary ever created.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Willy it's like there everywhere. Everywhere he goes he draws 10-20-30 thousand people with hundreds outside.....

I won't say if he losses it's rigged but I knew in 08 the movement obama made was taking over as I do Trumps movement.

I just don't believe it like I didn't believe we would ever elect a black president. I liked obama in 08 TBH because that dude was charismatic and could well ice to an Eskimo.

In 12 I liked Romney for his business experience much like why I like Trump......but I still do not believe Donald f'n Trump is going to be president!

If it happens these two parties should be pretty damned ashamed of themselves and we better hope he can figure it out on the job or does what he says and delegates everything except banging Melanie in the WH.

The dearth of polling in Texas is not at all analogous to what's been measured in PA.

I do like how everyone still shot the messenger, though. Good job! Good effort!

that wasn't my intention. more of a devil's advocate - that if either of us had observed that sort of thing from other posters, as we have (and not just with in the "style" of how polling data are presented), we would have pointed out (as we both have) not just that irregularity but also how that irregularity can contribute to diminished quality - credibility sort of thing.

as for my own style, full of cynicism 24-7, vomitus humor, then serious, you'll never read me pander to posters who I do take very seriously, other than to state that I don't do that sort of thing when replying to those who I do.

As for how data in the two states compare (and I suppose that means an overall reliability?) . . . I'll take your word for that. Myself, I think the both outcomes are "clear". However, I do fear the Lone Star state has a future political leaning that will mirror the other big state eventually, and why not? The two have so much in common, or growing more in common, by industry, agriculture, institutions, crime, penal systems, social and recreational interests, multiple big cities and, yes, Hispanic and other minority population.

I mean, did any of their lives get better under Obama? Nope. You'd think at one point they would wake up and realize that Dems have given them nothing.

Also, blacks should be for protecting the border more than anyone considering it hurts their employment more than anyone else.

White people need to stop with this. Percentages are bad for under 30, but the blacks that were working have absolutely done good. The issue was he was going to encourage blacks that hard work was worth it and fix black family households......

Instead he has them in a war with the police. That's the issue right now! But the ones willing to work are not in bad shape. As a matter of fact a lot have became small business owners if you do some research you'd see that.

But that under 30 group is just lost right now......and that is bad for blacks but it isn't a whole lot better for whites either.

At that age and inexperience if you don't want to do hard manual labor or work in restaurants you don't have many choices.

So Crooked Hilary dumps her own shit in the streets of GA and still thinks she has a chance to win there? Ha Ha, I think not.

CvfD8eVXYAEGfOs.jpg

From Drudge, yeah Trump scares me. This person is psycho.

Losing???????? Pretty sure the compass has been lost for a while

I enjoy the narrative of "You have to drop your values" in order to win, which is true but it's pathetic to do so. Can anyone argue that what is accepted as "okay" today is anywhere close to being normal/better than the time when traditional values (or close to it) were accepted?

I'm not some delusional hill jack that thinks everything is a sin or any of that but today is so messed up.

We now have to teach that there are more than two genders, teach gay history in elementary schools, can't decide what restroom to use, teach to be apologists for Islam while hostile toward Christianity, everyone is constantly offended, now teach "white guilt" and"white privilege" and have "slut walks" and our government politicians back a group like BLM while condemning cops.

We're about to elect a politician that is massively corrupt as well and people excuse it.

It's bizarro world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashburned
via WSJ, what a cesspool.

The political organization of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, an influential Democrat with longstanding ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton, gave nearly $500,000 to the election campaign of the wife of an official at the Federal Bureau of Investigation who later helped oversee the investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s email use.

Campaign finance records show Mr. McAuliffe’s political-action committee donated $467,500 to the 2015 state Senate campaign of Dr. Jill McCabe, who is married to Andrew McCabe, now the deputy director of the FBI.

The Virginia Democratic Party, over which Mr. McAuliffe exerts considerable control, donated an additional $207,788 worth of support to Dr. McCabe’s campaign in the form of mailers, according to the records. That adds up to slightly more than $675,000 to her candidacy from entities either directly under Mr. McAuliffe’s control or strongly influenced by him. The figure represents more than a third of all the campaign funds Dr. McCabe raised in the effort.

that wasn't my intention. more of a devil's advocate - that if either of us had observed that sort of thing from other posters, as we have (and not just with in the "style" of how polling data are presented), we would have pointed out (as we both have) not just that irregularity but also how that irregularity can contribute to diminished quality - credibility sort of thing.

as for my own style, full of cynicism 24-7, vomitus humor, then serious, you'll never read me pander to posters who I do take very seriously, other than to state that I don't do that sort of thing when replying to those who I do.

As for how data in the two states compare (and I suppose that means an overall reliability?) . . . I'll take your word for that. Myself, I think the both outcomes are "clear". However, I do fear the Lone Star state has a future political leaning that will mirror the other big state eventually, and why not? The two have so much in common, or growing more in common, by industry, agriculture, institutions, crime, penal systems, social and recreational interests, multiple big cities and, yes, Hispanic and other minority population.
Not saying you, in particular, did. Just a predictable reaction from the thread. The point of posting it (without even editorializing it) in the first place was to see whether those who had been singing praise for RCP averages when it came to the pre-first debate numbers in PA would immediately write off the TX RCP average. Shockingly, they did.

And yeah, GOP operatives in TX have long feared it becoming the next Virginia: Conservative working-class whites not reproducing at the rates of minorities, most of the transplants moving in are socially liberal whites, etc. It's not purple yet by any means, but we're kinda seeing flashes of what's to come (due to Trump's limited appeal to Hispanics and Independents).

TL;DR: RCP averages are merely one data point, just as they always were. And people have no problem cherry-picking that data point when it suits them.

The political organization of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, an influential Democrat with longstanding ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton, gave nearly $500,000 to the election campaign of the wife of an official at the Federal Bureau of Investigation who later helped oversee the investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s email use.

Campaign finance records show Mr. McAuliffe’s political-action committee donated $467,500 to the 2015 state Senate campaign of Dr. Jill McCabe, who is married to Andrew McCabe, now the deputy director of the FBI.

The Virginia Democratic Party, over which Mr. McAuliffe exerts considerable control, donated an additional $207,788 worth of support to Dr. McCabe’s campaign in the form of mailers, according to the records. That adds up to slightly more than $675,000 to her candidacy from entities either directly under Mr. McAuliffe’s control or strongly influenced by him. The figure represents more than a third of all the campaign funds Dr. McCabe raised in the effort.
Was hoping this was getting posted. Yet another example of the biggest bombs not coming from Wikileaks, but from traditional investigative journalists.

This is the October surprise everybody was hoping for. Pray to heaven that Trump actually lets it blossom.

Hey, @AustinTXCat, OT, but have you ever been to Franklin's bbq? Asking b/c I have a few days to kill on my trip, & was wondering if it was worth a two - three days detour to go & check it out?
Not yet. I may try hitting it one day next February. I hear there are long lines at Franklin's, so please arrive early. They are closed Monday's. Lunch is served beginning at 11 AM.

Good luck. Hope you have a good trip.

Reactions: moe_schmoe

Didn't it come out that Comey had ties to the CF as well?

There is no one more smug than an elitist leftist. I've been arguing with this guy who keeps identifying himself and Dem voters as "college educated." He thinks it gives him moral high ground (I'm college educated as well but don't find it relevant to anything) or insight into these topics.

They also have the highest number of high school dropouts and felons voting for them. They like to champion themselves as intellectuals but the majority of their base are retarded college kids, gov't dependent blacks and Latinos, SJW psychos & the leftist elite.

Just hate that garbage. They're always smug and in actuality, pretty racist, which makes it easy for them to pander and manipulate these people when they need votes.
[roll] yup all of those blacks and latinos are on gov't assistance and live in ghettos. Maybe you should get out more. Maybe it's because i'm a 'leftist elite' but the latino and black people I know don't fall into any of your stereotype categories. But I know plenty of white people getting gov't assistance. Mostly people I still know from high school. And probably all voting for DT.

Not saying you, in particular, did. Just a predictable reaction from the thread. The point of posting it (without even editorializing it) in the first place was to see whether those who had been singing praise for RCP averages when it came to the pre-first debate numbers in PA would immediately write off the TX RCP average. Shockingly, they did.

And yeah, GOP operatives in TX have long feared it becoming the next Virginia: Conservative working-class whites not reproducing at the rates of minorities, most of the transplants moving in are socially liberal whites, etc. It's not purple yet by any means, but we're kinda seeing flashes of what's to come (due to Trump's limited appeal to Hispanics and Independents).

TL;DR: RCP averages are merely one data point, just as they always were. And people have no problem cherry-picking that data point when it suits them.

good experiment on your part then. no prob. sorry if I eff'd it up. you might have gotten some mileage out of that one.

GOP "operatives" have a right to be concerned about the political landscape in TX. My family owns land in parts of East Texas. Mostly in what is District 1. This is really the only district in the eastern 1/2 of that state that they haven't figured out how to rig with some awkward, elongated reach to an urban area. And everybody knows what that eventually means when those urban centers expand and as, to use the way I like to put it (equal, yet opposite of yours), minorities reproduce at impressive rates that exceed conservative working class whites.

. . . blacks and latinos are on gov't assistance and live in ghettos. Maybe you should get out more. Maybe it's because i'm a 'leftist elite' but the latino and black people I know don't fall into any of your stereotype categories. But I know plenty of white people getting gov't assistance. Mostly people I still know from high school. And probably all voting for DT.

It is very interesting that you would tell another person that they should get out more, and then make comments to indicate that most of the people you know are from high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT