How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From WSJ today:

"Elementary and secondary schools get another $129 billion, whether they reopen for classroom learning or not. Higher education gets $40 billion. The CBO notes that since Congress already provided some $113 billion for schools—and as “most of those funds remain to be spent”—it expects that 95% of this new money will be spent from 2022 through 2028. That is, when the pandemic is over."

You originally said "Either you believe that elections are left to the state or you don’t. Which is it? "
Now you recognize that the Equal Protection Clause could apply, meaning that both federal and state law apply. That was exactly my point. Federal law controls some aspects of elections. It is not up to the states to do whatever they want.
You posed an example that gave one class 3 votes vs another. Federal law requires that all state laws apply equally to all...thus equal protection. This case has nothing to do with equal protection.
The dispute was whether absentee ballots received up to 3 days after the election should be counted. The PA SC ruled that they could be counted. The state makes the rules.

• Sad
Reactions: awf

Joe Biden’s subconscious is speaking out again! And if there is one thing I learned from the last president’s term, it’s that we must now impeach Joe Biden for being racist.
What else would you expect from a democrat racist like Joe Biden? Remember when he said.

That he didn’t want his kids going to school with black kids. Because he didn’t want his kids in a racial jungle.

Or when he said that Barak Obama was a black man that was clean & articulate.

Or when he said that Hispanic people unlike blacks are a diverse people.

It’s in his DNA, it’s who he is. He’s nothing but a racist just like the majority of the democrat party is. After all it was democrats that first started the KKK. It was democrats that voted against the Voting rights act in 1965. He’s right at home in the democrat party. Or should I say the racist party of America.

This is great, though I don't think Obama realizes it:

Obama on Obamacare,

"“I think what we got wrong was underestimating the degree to which political polarization had ― the degree to which political polarization meant that the issue was never settled,” the former president said, adding later, “I think any progressive president, on any issue for the next several years, is going to have to confront the problem that the GOP has shifted into a perpetual campaign mode.”"

Of course the polarization was never settled! He is totally lacking in self-awareness that Dims' 100% partisan-passed Obamacare caused many Conserves to wakeup to stop being run over by Dims.

Article explains: "Obama’s focus on Republican opposition and its effects may sound self-serving to some people ― whether it’s conservatives who blame Obama for polarizing the country, or progressives who think Obama is trying to avoid blame for compromises he should never have made. Reasonable people can certainly question individual decisions that Obama, along with other Democratic leaders, made at various points in the Affordable Care Act’s history. But the transformation of the Republicans into a more ideologically and temperamentally extreme party really has changed American politics in profound ways, and Democrats really do need to adapt to that transformation if they want to succeed."

Best thing that's happened to this country. Dims think they have the moral right to be the superior party. And they a) can't understand why anyone doubts that, and b) just can't stand that we know it's wrong.

Reactions: awf and 55wildcat
Take that Bite Me/Fauci/Psaki:

Trump administration deserves credit for 'breathtaking' Operation Warp Speed success !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"National Institutes of Health director Dr. Francis Collins (Fauci's boss) praised the Trump administration on Sunday for the "breathtaking" success of Operation Warp Speed in getting multiple effective coronavirus vaccines developed and tested within one year of the virus outbreak.

"The Operation Warp Speed, for which I give a great deal of credit to [former HHS Secretary Alex Azar], was a effort that many of us were not initially convinced was going to be necessary. And it was thought about as a Manhattan Project," Collins told Axios.

"Those words were used sometimes to describe what needed to happen in order to get all parts of the government together in an unprecedented way to test up to six vaccines in rigorous trials, and to do this at-risk manufacturing, so that if any of those trials happened to work, you would already have doses ready to go into arms.

......... "The fact that we, in December, had not one but two vaccines that had gone through trials ... and had been judged safe and effective by a very rigorous and very public FDA process is just breathtaking," Collins said, adding it was completed five years faster than had ever been done before."

And which Libs have praised this?

"The Biden administration has consistently panned its predecessor for making it "start from scratch" on coronavirus vaccine distribution, "

And just who should be panned?

Once again Barrett shows what a very weak person she is. No courage of convictions if she even has any. Roberts no surprise and Kavanaugh was a compromise pick who again no surprise either.

Dumb question but I gotta ask, can justices be removed?

Reactions: awf
I’ve been saying since their appointments that Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett were all solid justices with respect for laws. A lot of people assumed they would be Trump lackeys. They’ve proven that they are absolutely not.

@sambowieshin According to the CDC website, there has been a reported 165 influenza hospitalizations so far this flu season (the lowest number ever since recording this statistic). All the way down from a reported 400,000 last season. Can you please explain the SCIENCE behind this? Thanks
Yes---a fellow fan of science!!! In a nutshell..... It's due to more widespread use of masks, social distancing, washing hands, reduced restaurant/bar capacity, virus mitigation in public places and remote learning in schools.
The Covid virus spreads much more easily and is much more deadly so more people contracted it, spread it and were hospitalized as a result. That was the primary flu this year. As with any year...there is a particular flu virus that tends to be the primary cause of the majority of flu cases. It was Covid this year resulting in over 500k deaths. A typically really bad flu season might lead to 60k deaths.
How many times do YOU get flu twice in a year? I never have and most others don't either. Once you get it, your immune system is amped up and keeps you from getting sick for a while. Covid flat out swamped the country and kicked the regular flu's ass this year and last. It was the main flu variant this year and last.

Yes---a fellow fan of science!!! In a nutshell..... It's due to more widespread use of masks, social distancing, washing hands, reduced restaurant/bar capacity, virus mitigation in public places and remote learning in schools.
The Covid virus spreads much more easily and is much more deadly so more people contracted it, spread it and were hospitalized as a result. That was the primary flu this year. As with any year...there is a particular flu virus that tends to be the primary cause of the majority of flu cases. It was Covid this year resulting in over 500k deaths. A typically really bad flu season might lead to 60k deaths.
How many times do YOU get flu twice in a year? I never have and most others don't either. Once you get it, your immune system is amped up and keeps you from getting sick for a while. Covid flat out swamped the country and kicked the regular flu's ass this year and last. It was the main flu variant this year and last.

lmao.

Tell us more, Mr. Scientist.

I knew this would be your response. The fact that you cannot see the chicanery going on right in front of your face is concerning to say the least. You think masking, washing your hands, and social distancing eradicated the flu. Hahaha.

False, mask don't work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT