ADVERTISEMENT

Pilgrim update

lloyd_shrug-DMID1-5dzrqouwn-350x310.gif

A kid like Livingston that can't even MAKE a 3 pt'er consistently, thinks he's READY for the NBA????!!!!

What GM would spend a 1st round pick on a kid that can't shoot???!!!!!

Then, WHY is Cal taking a kid with NUMEROUS deficiencies that STRUGGLED to be successful on a MEDIOCRE team???!!!! Livingston is a PRIME example of WHY UK has STRUGGLED the past few seasons!!! If the NBA wants kids on POTENTIAL ONLY, why is Cal STILL taking kids that are NOT ready to perform at a level NEEDED to win at UK???!!!!!!!!

RIDICULOUS!!!!!

So now the checklist looks like this
-get reeves, Ugonna, and theiro/ware back
- find a good replacement for Livingston(hopefully the dude from Princeton)
- get 2 more shooters, primarily one is another creator as well
- did I miss anything?

• Sad
Reactions: gojvc and catben
So we lose Livingston who will get drafted in the second round if he gets drafted at all.

We retain a streaky shooter who isn’t good enough to go pro and who shits his pants nearly every time we play good teams.

And Collins, who also will never play in the league, moves to be closer to family.

So we lose Livingston who will get drafted in the second round if he gets drafted at all.

We retain a streaky shooter who isn’t good enough to go pro and who shits his pants nearly every time we play good teams.

And Collins, who also will never play in the league, moves to be closer to family.
Agree, but reeves was good for the most part, bringing him back with better talent is a good add to next years roster

A kid like Livingston that can't even MAKE a 3 pt'er consistently, thinks he's READY for the NBA????!!!!

What GM would spend a 1st round pick on a kid that can't shoot???!!!!!

Then, WHY is Cal taking a kid with NUMEROUS deficiencies that STRUGGLED to be successful on a MEDIOCRE team???!!!! Livingston is a PRIME example of WHY UK has STRUGGLED the past few seasons!!! If the NBA wants kids on POTENTIAL ONLY, why is Cal STILL taking kids that are NOT ready to perform at a level NEEDED to win at UK???!!!!!!!!

RIDICULOUS!!!!!
It’s like his handlers don’t pay attention to mock drafts and scouting reports. They think he’s actually going to do something at combines and individual workouts to earn a late first round flyer?

I think the reality is that they don’t want him at the 4 and know he cannot start over Edwards. They have no choice but to test the waters or to find a new team.

I’ve never been a fan of this guy. I thought the Thiero outplayed him in the preseason and that the only thing he’s brought to the table all year was driving the ball for a couple layups each game, and occasionally having good rebounding games.

Dude can’t play defense and cannot dribble and cannot shoot. He is not an NBA player now, and I don’t think he ever will be.

If Livingston ends up leaving for the draft then that is the big problem with college basketball . Guys like that have their minds set on Declaring no matter what because they have bought into their rankings and hype ballislife and other social media pages .
It's actually a BIGGER problem with Cal!!!

WHY is he taking a kid that is HE_L BENT on getting to the NBA as fast as possible, that will NOT help UK win at a level needed to reach the TOP??!!!!!!

Cal bent over backwards for this kid and his ENTOURAGE by playing him MORE than others and it GAINED UK very LITTLE. I am SSOOOOOOOO sick of Cal taking these kids that have very little UPSIDE for UK!!!!

Agree, but reeves was good for the most part, bringing him back with better talent is a good add to next years roster
I only think that’s true if he’s willing to accept a lesser role, possibly coming off the bench.

He’s already demonstrated that he cannot be consistently counted on against legitimate competition.

Bad take on Reeves. He was the only one making shots the last month of the year.

Honestly it’s not Cals fault, it’s the people around Livingston. Kluth sports has some pull and I’m sure they think he’s a first round pick and do not want him to return.
If you lack basic common sense that’s on you. His life ultimately his decision. If he doesn’t make it Klutch will simply move on to the next Chris Livingston.

Reactions: TheJuddDome
It's actually a BIGGER problem with Cal!!!

WHY is he taking a kid that is HE_L BENT on getting to the NBA as fast as possible, that will NOT help UK win at a level needed to reach the TOP??!!!!!!

Cal bent over backwards for this kid and his ENTOURAGE by playing him MORE than others and it GAINED UK very LITTLE. I am SSOOOOOOOO sick of Cal taking these kids that have very little UPSIDE for UK!!!!
Well if you’re ranked top 20 you’re taking the risk on dealing with a guy that is hell bent on getting straight to the league . It is what it is .

At least it looks positive for reeves coming back
Yeah, but it only looks positive because the guy isn’t good enough to make it to the league. He simply doesn’t have any other options. Big money here or little money in G-league. His situation is similar to Wheeler. He is only a good piece for us next year if he excepts a lesser role. We cannot give this guy 20 shot attempts, especially against good teams.

I only think that’s true if he’s willing to accept a lesser role, possibly coming off the bench.

He’s already demonstrated that he cannot be consistently counted on against legitimate competition.
Very steaky like you said, Arkansas and auburn were good competition but yeah Kentucky needs more shooting for sure, reeves in a sixth man role or fringe starter would be perfectly fine

Reactions: TM2013 and chroix
Well, another thread is derailed by posters who are simply miserable in life. Goodnight all. I am closing this down. Will be back tomorrow to find out what the news is. Carry on....

Reactions: bevcat
That is every top 100 player...
In general I agree with you O3 .. its a sewer out there with only a handful of good dudes/families . The rest are money chasers .. nothing more nothing less . Some play for us , some dont , but Barkley just said it on 60 minutes -- due to the bidding wars there will only be 20-25 schools that can compete .. we , as a society ( and the NCAA ) have killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

I mean if you gave me the choice between Reeves and Livingston, I'm taking Reeves all day long.

But losing Livingston is a joke. ZERO chance he is a first round pick, dude could play his way into that with an extra year but once again only at Kentucky would a kid choose to jump at this stage.

So frustrating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT