ADVERTISEMENT

Adou Thiero and Chris Livingston

He is constantly improving as does every player under Cal.
Buddy this is why no one listens to your BS when you post. This statement is just flat out dumb and needs context to support anything close to what you are saying.
The vast majority of players in basketball improve year to year. It's not all coach development.

Livingston’s issue was he wanted to be a guard. When it was obvious that he needed to be a primary 4. If he would’ve just focused on rebounding and getting to the rim. He would’ve been so much better for that team last year. He had a decent stroke from the outside as well but the problem was that’s all he wanted to do.

Reactions: G-PIP
It was easy for Cal do get away with it because Livingston was the more heralded player and Adou was looked at as a project. To anyone that watched the games though Adou clearly impacted them more than Chris. There are many factors that go into how easy or difficult it is for a guy to bust through Cal's bias he has for certain guys.
Definitely, I said and aw this too. Even at Thieros youngest the game improved every time he got put into it.

Reactions: Montana81
Cason doesn't catch as much flak as he should. He was really kind of a letdown imo. He was 4 for 29 from 3 to finish out the final 8 or so games. Never seemed to show much emotion. Not a lot of positive vibes from him like we see with so many guys on this years team. Not a bad player, not a bad person or anything. But I feel like I'm gonna look back on this era and totally forget about him.
He also sort of played out of position until late after the Wheeler situation . He didn’t show much emotion but I think that’s just hi personality . He played hard even after some claimed he wouldn’t come back after getting hurt.

Livingston ended up being one of the bigger misses of the Cal era for multiple reasons. I really think Thiero had more long term AND short term upside.

I think Livingston being with Klutch is why we had to play him. Cal had two other Klutch kids he was leaning on for the next season. He was probably afraid something would happen with them if he didn’t do everything he could to take care of Livingston.

I’m glad that does not appear to be the case with Edward’s and Bradshaw. He’s started Edward’s all season but he’s cut his minutes and also been playing him at the 4 more lately. And bradshaws minutes got reduced almost to nothing and he hasn’t played much 4 at all when a lot of us thought that was going to be the case.

I would know that because Cal tried to make him be that for most of a season and he failed publicly at length. Learn to read.
Oh I read it. Which is why I called you out. He never played so you have no idea what he could or couldn't do

Last edited:
Livingston’s issue was he wanted to be a guard. When it was obvious that he needed to be a primary 4. If he would’ve just focused on rebounding and getting to the rim. He would’ve been so much better for that team last year. He had a decent stroke from the outside as well but the problem was that’s all he wanted to do.
Livingston could have probably worked his way into being a SF as an upperclassman, but you're right that to help a good college team last year he was a 4.

I’m not even kidding when I say this, I do not remember a Chris Livingston on our basketball team. Looked him up, apparently he is with the Bucks?

I’m getting old 🤦🏻‍♂️
Earlier this season during a game they showed a highlight package from last season, and I saw Chris Livingston in the background of one clip and I realized I probably hadn't thought about him since the day he declared. Very forgettable player for UK basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT