ADVERTISEMENT

Our bracket will be something like: #1 seed Tennessee; #2 seed UNC; #3 seed Kentucky; #11 St. John's (2nd round against UK).

any path is gonna be difficult and have it’s story lines. I don’t think UT and UK will be in the same region. What would suck is if they put USCjr as the 6 seed in our region I mean assuming we can secure a 3 seed.

Reactions: EliteBlue
any path is gonna be difficult and have it’s story lines. I don’t think UT and UK will be in the same region. What would suck is if they put USCjr as the 6 seed in our region I mean assuming we can secure a 3 seed.
Don’t think you can have conference rematches in the first two games so I don’t think that will happen.

Another area where cal fails. This may be his 15th SECT but for most our team it’s their first. The coach not caring about this tournament sends a a horrible message to the team and there is still some good things that can come from playing well and winning this tournament from seeding to more importantly maintaining and building on momentum ahead of selection Sunday and ultimately the most important 6 game schedule of the season to come.

Committee does not have it in for the Cats. CBS does apparently have some influence n getting certain made for ratings/fans matchups.

After today I’m not sure who gets the 4th 1 seed. Zona struggling, UT lost, UNC big road win.

UT will either be the 4th 1 out west or they will be the 2 with Purdue. Where we can go depends on that domino first.

My current top 16 assuming a Zona loss:
East- UConn, Duke, Baylor, Alabama
Midwest- Purdue, UT, Iowa State, Auburn
South- Houston, Marquette, UK, Illinois
West- UNC, Zona, Creighton, Kansas

Obviously a lot of possible movement and shuffling but something like that is pretty realistic(if I’m not missing something).

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
After today I’m not sure who gets the 4th 1 seed. Zona struggling, UT lost, UNC big road win.

UT will either be the 4th 1 out west or they will be the 2 with Purdue. Where we can go depends on that domino first.

Obviously a lot of possible movement and shuffling but something like that is pretty realistic(if I’m not missing something).
Think they Tennessee with UConn and put uk with Purdue same with Marquette

Just so Kansas St, Marquette or U Conn aren't in it, I'm fine. We seem to NEVER beat those 3 teams, even when I thought we should.

Last edited:

Wtf is Duke a 2 seed? Is that a joke?

Just don't see the quality wins for them to get a 2.

On a separate topic, any ideas what location UK may be at?

I'm assuming Memphis and Indy are out due to teams ahead of us. Think I heard Pilgrim speculate Pittsburgh.

Yeah I agree I don't see it either TBH. Think Duke might be on the 3 line or 4 line.

If I had to guess, I'd say Pittsburgh or Indy are the most likely destinations with Pittsburgh the most likely. That's assuming we are a 3 and not a 4. A 4 and it's possible we are shipping to Spokane or Salt Lake.

Yeah I agree I don't see it either TBH. Think Duke might be on the 3 line or 4 line.

If I had to guess, I'd say Pittsburgh or Indy are the most likely destinations with Pittsburgh the most likely. That's assuming we are a 3 and not a 4. A 4 and it's possible we are shipping to Spokane or Salt Lake.

Hopefully AU and Bama are the ones going out west lol.

Duke will get to play in NC even if they are a 4 though. Only "fair" for them.

The appealing thing about a West bracket this year is that there's only one top 16 west team, Zona.

Anyone else going out west with us will be just as uncomfortable. And nobody travels as well as we do.

We will probably have to navigate a maze of SDSU, Gonzaga, BYU, and Saint Mary's to get there.

I think with the losses by AZ and UT and the Win @ Duke for UNC, UNC takes the lead for the last 1 seed. Assuming they go by the S-Curve, UT is the 2 seed out west. They like to move teams around for Geography, but I'm not sure they want to punish Purdue, UCONN, or Houston with UT as their 2 seed.

We won't be the 3 seed in that bracket because they don't want teams from the same conference playing before the Elite 8.

I think Ideally, we get Purdue as the 1 seed. Marquette as the 2 seed. We're the 3 seed playing in Indianapolis for the 1st 2 rounds.

Don’t think you can have conference rematches in the first two games so I don’t think that will happen.
They’ve abandoned that policy.l because of the growth of conferences. The sec will end with what 8 teams?

I think with the losses by AZ and UT and the Win @ Duke for UNC, UNC takes the lead for the last 1 seed. Assuming they go by the S-Curve, UT is the 2 seed out west. They like to move teams around for Geography, but I'm not sure they want to punish Purdue, UCONN, or Houston with UT as their 2 seed.

We won't be the 3 seed in that bracket because they don't want teams from the same conference playing before the Elite 8.

I think Ideally, we get Purdue as the 1 seed. Marquette as the 2 seed. We're the 3 seed playing in Indianapolis for the 1st 2 rounds.

If UT is the top 2 they are supposed to get geographical priority. That would be Detroit based on mileage.

If unc is 1 out west Arizona 100% 2 there.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT