ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the higher seeds in our bracket. I have a feeling we'll see Tennessee and/or UNC.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Would this surprise any of you?

1 Seed UNC
2 Seed Tennessee
3 Seed Marquette
4 Seed BYU
5 Seed Kentucky

They get their "Mark Pope vs. Kentucky" story line. We then get UNC, followed by Marquette or Tennessee.

Last edited:
Andy Katz recently had us as a 6.... The 11 was St. John's (uh huh).... Believe the 2 was Kansas, and I like rematches against a team we lost to in the reg season. Think the 1 was Houston, which is a scary matchup for us... But unless we make quite the run to end the regular season I think we're in the 4-6 seed line with a tough road ahead.

Reactions: KYExtemper
As a 5, we would get UNCheat in the Sweet 1 and Marquette in the Elite 8 after Barnes craps the bed again. 4/5 plays the 1; 3/6 plays the 2 in the sweet 16

And I agree we will get BYU in round 2

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Andy Katz recently had us as a 6.... The 11 was St. John's (uh huh).... Believe the 2 was Kansas, and I like rematches against a team we lost to in the reg season. Think the 1 was Houston, which is a scary matchup for us... But unless we make quite the run to end the regular season I think we're in the 4-6 seed line with a tough road ahead.
St. John's has some serious work to do before they can reasonably imagine a tournament appearance. They're 14-9 at present, and they keep losing close games to the better teams in the Big East. You know if they get hot though, and there's any form of justification for them being in, the committee will try to make their UK's first round opponent somehow.

As a 5, we would get UNCheat in the Sweet 1 and Marquette in the Elite 8 after Barnes craps the bed again. 4/5 plays the 1; 3/6 plays the 2 in the sweet 16

And I agree we will get BYU in round 2
Good catch.

I had forgot about St Johns.

Scrap what I said earlier about BYU, you KNOW they will do all they can to have us against Ricky P

After the KU game, I said we’d be in their region. So, I’ll stick with the them. If unc is a one seed, don’t see us getting matched up again.

Unlikely any of the top 4 SEC teams are in the same region. Y’all dream up too much that the committee is trying to create devious matchups for us.
If we are the 4th best seed from SEC I would not be surprised to see us sent out West.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Unlikely any of the top 4 SEC teams are in the same region. Y’all dream up too much that the committee is trying to create devious matchups for us.
If we are the 4th best seed from SEC I would not be surprised to see us sent out West.
Kentucky is currently 5th.

What makes you think we finish top 4?

I was just trying to figure out a way we can still get a bye and having trouble seeing it. Even if we win out other than auburn and UT idk if 12 and 6 gets it done.

And if UNC is a 1 they have stuck us with them in 2017 and 2019 to the other poster. It's all based on geography supposedly. They were also in our bracket n 2022 but were an 8 seed.

• Haha
Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
If they’re all top 4 seeds they can’t be placed in the same region. Personally I think that’s what will happen and UK will play back up into a 4 seed or better(but obviously they still could fall short of that). While SC is above us in the SEC standings they also are currently 18 spots below us in the NET, putting them out of the top 40.

Last edited:
Will get put with Purdue and Dayton or creighton will be the 4 seed and Kentucky will get Indiana st first round. They will want to see that

Last edited:

I don’t think anyone is dreaming up this. Have you seen the last 13 years of brackets? Not only for Kentucky specifically but for everyone?

The committee will absolutely be devious to present certain matchups. This is a billion dollar industry I’m which most of their money is generated in those three weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT