ADVERTISEMENT

By my count

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
Pope is short one coach. There's the 3 on-court coaches/recruiters then Mark Fox, essentially an admin guy who is not a hands-on, on-court guy. Think the title is "Associate Coach." I think there's actually to be two "Associate Coaches" and I don't think the other has been named. Anybody seen/heard any names?

Are transfer visitors still on campus?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Pope is short one coach. There's the 3 on-court coaches/recruiters then Mark Fox, essentially an admin guy who is not a hands-on, on-court guy. Think the title is "Associate Coach." I think there's actually to be two "Associate Coaches" and I don't think the other has been named. Anybody seen/heard any names?

Are transfer visitors still on campus?
How can 6'10 be a short one?😀

It has been addressed that this coaching slot will not be addressed for some time. No time table was set. There are more important things at hand I imagine.

Sesame Street Vampire GIF by Muppet Wiki

There are 5 coaches.
They can all be hands on.
They can all be involved in practice.
They all sit on the bench during the game.
Probably none of them are admin only.

Only 3 can leave campus to recruit.
Mark Fox, one of the five, will not recruit.
He appears to be the guy with NIL responsibilities.
But you could expect to see him in practice, giving instructions, on the bench during the game as well.
Need another assistant who does not recruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueSince92
Thought I read where Pope might bring his analytics guy/coach from BYU with him. K Brown maybe?

There are 5 coaches.
They can all be hands on.
They can all be involved in practice.
They all sit on the bench during the game.
Probably none of them are admin only.

Only 3 can leave campus to recruit.
Mark Fox, one of the five, will not recruit.
He appears to be the guy with NIL responsibilities.
But you could expect to see him in practice, giving instructions, on the bench during the game as well.
Need another assistant who does not recruit.
I think Fox's role has changed from what we thought when he was hired. I think I read a few days ago that he'll be a defensive coach and player development guy. I think the GM/NIL role is still up in the air. Now, Fox might be doing GM/NIL stuff in the interim until we get our fifth guy on campus, but I dunno that anything besides the three recruiters are officially official.

I'd like to see Padgett get a shot. He played here. He started coaching here. Has experience playing and coaching in the SEC. It would add another coach that knows the meaning of the name on the front. I think with the other coaches we have we can afford to take a chance on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT