ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4 Picks?

Cats192

All-American
Apr 22, 2011
I have UCONN winning it all. Though they'll have multiple chances to lose. Illinois and Iowa State could both beat them. Auburn would need to have a day, but it's possible.

Kentucky loses to UCONN in the Final 4. We have all the bad juju from the last 2 seasons. But I really like the way the bracket fell for us. I think we should win our 1st 2 games convincingly. Then, we run better than Marquette. I also don't think Kolek can be 100% from an Oblique injury after just a couple weeks. Houston will be a war. But we have more NBA guys. I think our offense finds a way to win out.

UNC comes out of the West. I don't think they'll have too bad of path. I think Arizona and Alabama lose 2nd round. They'll get the winner of Nevada and Baylor in the Elite 8. I think Baylor just doesn't play enough defense.

Creighton comes out of the midwest. I think they see Oregon 2nd round. Then they're a more complete and better shooting team than UTK. Their 7 footer will be able to slow down Edey. He has enough offensive ability to score or get Edey in foul toruble. Creighton has better shot makers.

UCONN
Arizona
Houston
Creighton

(Edited because I had a mistake)

Last edited:
I have UCONN winning it all. Though they'll have multiple chances to lose. Illinois and Iowa State could both beat them. Auburn would need to have a day, but it's possible.

Kentucky loses to UCONN in the Final 4. We have all the bad juju from the last 2 seasons. But I really like the way the bracket fell for us. I think we should win our 1st 2 games convincingly. Then, we run better than Marquette. I also don't think Kolek can be 100% from an Oblique injury after just a couple weeks. Houston will be a war. But we have more NBA guys. I think our offense finds a way to win out.

UNC comes out of the West. I don't think they'll have too bad of path. I think Arizona and Alabama lose 2nd round. They'll get the winner of Nevada and Baylor in the Elite 8. I think Baylor just doesn't play enough defense.

Creighton comes out of the midwest. I think they see Oregon 2nd round. Then they're a more complete and better shooting team than UTK. Their 7 footer will be able to slow down Edey. He has enough offensive ability to score or get Edey in foul toruble. Creighton has better shot makers.
UK won’t play UCONN until the finals. Even got a break with them being on the other side of the bracket. Does that change your pick at all? Do you think UK can beat Purdue or UT or Creighton in the Final Four if that is who they are up against?

I have UCONN, Baylor, UK, Creighton

I have not got that far yet but I can't pick UK for Final 4 because of Calipari as I know he will screw this up some way.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I’ll just say Kentucky to win it all. I just pick Kentucky every year. Even picked us to win when we missed the tourney. My soul won’t let me pick anyone else. Don’t even care who the other three are in final four. Let’s go Cal! Get it done buddy. You can do it!
Same. Won me some money in 2014. That’s been about it lol

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
I'm surprised so many of you are picking for us to make the Final Four. I just don't see it. Man, I hope I'm wrong.
A lot of people pick with their hearts and not their heads. That doesn't really make them picks, though. It makes them hopes.

Reactions: BlueBomb
I haven't really "looked" looked at it yet.

Just saw an Andy Katz FF:

UConn v Arizona
Kentucky v Purdue

UConn v Purdue in the final

UConn as his titleist

I would love to be wrong, but I can't objectively predict UK in the Final Four this year.

And if UConn gets another title I'll throw up. We'll hear talks of "dynasty" and it will be a true changing of the guard in college basketball.

UK won’t play UCONN until the finals. Even got a break with them being on the other side of the bracket. Does that change your pick at all? Do you think UK can beat Purdue or UT or Creighton in the Final Four if that is who they are up against?

I have UCONN, Baylor, UK, Creighton
I think we beat Creighton and lose to UCONN.

This is the most potential upset laden and probable chalk bracket I can recall.

UConn
UNC
Purdue
Houston

I could see any of those losing early on except UConn.

I’ll just say Kentucky to win it all. I just pick Kentucky every year. Even picked us to win when we missed the tourney. My soul won’t let me pick anyone else. Don’t even care who the other three are in final four. Let’s go Cal! Get it done buddy. You can do it!

UConn
North Carolina
Tennessee
Kentucky

My heart makes me take Kentucky despite Calipari.

Something tells me North Carolina wins it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP
Although college basketball has been crazy this year, I can see fewer opening day upsets this go around because of how many bids were stolen, which leads to a weaker overall field. That's why the play-in games for Dayton are going for #10 seeds instead of the usual #11's.

Part of me also wonders if we'll get an all #1 seed Final Four for the first time since 2008. UConn probably has the worst draw of all the #1 seeds but Purdue's bracket is very soft and people forget they beat Tennessee in Maui.

A lot of people pick with their hearts and not their heads. That doesn't really make them picks, though. It makes them hopes.
Good thing around 50% or so of the media is picking UK as well to make the Final Four People that have zero rooting interest. So, in this case it’s a little head and heart all at once for us fans.

I have no idea how I'm going to do my bracket this year. If the regular season and conf tournaments are any indication, we could end up with the highest sum total of seed numbers in the final 4 ever. Who knows, it gon be crazy.

Two brackets one for uk to win it all fan bracket. In other I have auburn, Arizona and Houston and Purdue. Houston winning it all

yep some pick against UK because they hate Cal
some pick UK because they are die hard fans and know the talent this team has

two of the three teams i worry about are both on the other side
Uconn
UNC
only UT on our side

my FF
UK
UT
UNC
Uconn

Realistic One