ADVERTISEMENT

November Update- Happy Basketball Season!

Feeding people national scoops?? I figured it out everyone!

@CoachX11 is actually David Telep who went off the radar a few years ago. He's now coaching but still a recruiting guru, moonlight here at CatsPause. Has to be. It all adds up!

0ZnWnAS.gif

So Dave Telep is Pepe Silvia! I knew it!!!!

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Canada rumblings are getting louder.

I don't think that's who he's listening to though. Feels like it's been Duke from the start. Their brand is really strong lately.

Wait Canada rumblings say UK but you still think it’s Duke?

I think the people we know from Canada who have played a role in his recruitment want Barrett to be at Kentucky, and some of them might even think he's going to choose us, but I don't think those people matter as much as his parents, basically.

I'm by no means dialed in to this or any (yet) recruitment. But there are usually places you can look and put pieces together a little bit. Especially once Coach mentioned some of his information. I just went in that direction and tried to infer a bit.

Don't read that as anything major.

I think the people we know from Canada who have played a role in his recruitment want Barrett to be at Kentucky, and some of them might even think he's going to choose us, but I don't think those people matter as much as his parents, basically.

I'm by no means dialed in to this or any (yet) recruitment. But there are usually places you can look and put pieces together a little bit. Especially once Coach mentioned some of his information. I just went in that direction and tried to infer a bit.

Don't read that as anything major.

Agree. The only real hope that I have in Barrett's recruitment is that Coach's contacts have heard that it's UK recently and that it's not old news.

I don't understand the whole "he's always been a Duke lock" thing unless it's referring to after he reclassified. I thought we all were ecstatic for him to reclassify because he was ours to lose. Then Duke gaines momentum, we lost to Canada in the FIBA basketball scene and then it was Duke has a strong chance. Then after one specific visit it's been "Duke lock" since. It was never always Duke until a few months ago. From what I've seen, the kid likes UK and the parents Duke.

I don't understand the whole "he's always been a Duke lock" thing unless it's referring to after he reclassified. I thought we all were ecstatic for him to reclassify because he was ours to lose. Then Duke gaines momentum, we lost to Canada in the FIBA basketball scene and then it was Duke has a strong chance. Then after one specific visit it's been "Duke lock" since. It was never always Duke until a few months ago. From what I've seen, the kid likes UK and the parents Duke.

Barrett has said a couple of times that Duke and Kentucky were his dream schools growing up. I'm not sure how much of the "Kentucky leads for Barrett" stuff was true and how much was just our fans being wishful thinkers.

I mean there's currently a large portion of the board that thinks our big man problem next year will be solved by a reclass of a kid who is 16 years old. We don't really let reality bind us.

Reactions: DerekMcPwn
Well, I don't like predictions, but I made a promise to a few on here.

After the last bit of info I got, I hate to say it but...

I'd pick Duke on Barrett.

Hope I'm wrong and don't use my opinion as fact. I still get some pro-UK stuff so it's not completely out of the possibility.

Hopefully, I'll have to log in before and change my pick before tomorrow night.

Later Cat fans.

Reactions: CatTough

Hope I'm wrong and don't use my opinion as fact. I still get some pro-UK stuff so it's not completely out of the possibility.

Later Cat fans.
catfish_anim.gif

Later Cat fans.

What's the last bit of info and why do you trust it more than the pro-UK stuff?

Later Cat fans.
Thanks

Ever notice he is impossible to pin down and never tells you what the actual info is? This is a long running practical joke.

I don't think it's accurate to say that he doesn't tell us that information.

He's obviously vague about sources, which is a given, but he's been pretty upfront about stuff like that Quickley was going to be a Cat (before this was known by everyone), Quickley not signing as early as originally expected, that Bol won't be a Cat, etc.

Besides, my issue with "insiders" on this board has always been those who do it in a self-serving or attention seeking way. Coach hasn't done that, and didn't even want to make a Barrett prediction.

If you don't think it's genuine, put him on ignore. It's harmless. His posts can't change the end result.

At this point, it would probably be knox level shock if he picks Kentucky.. Just hope we can snag Johnson, really is getting frustrating watching Duke pull in top recruit after recruit. But i trust in Cal still and trust that he can still put a final four level team on the court year after year..

At this point, it would probably be knox level shock if he picks Kentucky.. Just hope we can snag Johnson, really is getting frustrating watching Duke pull in top recruit after recruit. But i trust in Cal still and trust that he can still put a final four level team on the court year after year..
It is frustrating, but duke better win some titles with all that talent or they're going to start hearing the comments we've been hearing since the loss to West Virginia in 2010.

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
Barrett has said a couple of times that Duke and Kentucky were his dream schools growing up. I'm not sure how much of the "Kentucky leads for Barrett" stuff was true and how much was just our fans being wishful thinkers.

I mean there's currently a large portion of the board that thinks our big man problem next year will be solved by a reclass of a kid who is 16 years old. We don't really let reality bind us.

Meh, hed be 17.5 by this time next year. Plenty of players come into kentucky at 17. But i think Kentucky is deeper rooted into Barrett than some want to believe due to the Duke press the last few months. He was ours to lose if memory serves me correctly going into summer with Oregon being 2nd. Duke at the time was all about Reddish.

What's the last bit of info and why do you trust it more than the pro-UK stuff?

I just haven't heard anything definite that would make me think UK.

To be honest, I haven't heard all that much more on Duke.

Then you have Oregon... which if you recall I said was an early favorite,
then I haven't heard them mentioned at ALL lately.

So I don't know, and I don't think anyone knows.

I rather have not picked, but I promised a few you of you all.

Still, hope I'm wrong.

Still no new info as you say, so why the lack of confidence you had a few days ago ? Your last few post are not real clear and did not make a lot of sense. Is that so you can switch up if the pick is for UK ? I mean at this point, just state what you heard to make you think UK had a shot a few days ago, then what you heard that changed your mind yesterday. I mean if nothing new came out, why the change in opinion ? Does not add up.

Still no new info as you say, so why the lack of confidence you had a few days ago ? Your last few post are not real clear and did not make a lot of sense. Is that so you can switch up if the pick is for UK ? I mean at this point, just state what you heard to make you think UK had a shot a few days ago, then what you heard that changed your mind yesterday. I mean if nothing new came out, why the change in opinion ? Does not add up.

I never said UK was the choice or who I thought was leading. I said that I wasn't sure why Duke was seen as a lock, when I heard through some back channels that people are pushing UK.

So I figured that there was at least some shot for UK.

I never changed my mind, and I wasn't ever confident one way or another. I was being optimistic about Barrett and you guys.

The fact there wasn't any new information made me say that I think it's probably Duke.

It wouldn't shock me either way, which is why I am not claiming or even pretending to know what going to happen. Which I hope you all can respect.

I know for a fact, he had his best visit to Oregon, and the kid loved it. However, I haven't heard one bit of Oregon talk. Which made me think it's not them.

Duke makes a lot of sense relationship-wise, UK made the most sense NBA preparation-wise. I just tend to go with relationships when I really don't have a clear opinion one way or another.

I just figured UK fans would want to hear little tidbits as I do my job.

I never said UK was the choice or who I thought was leading. I said that I wasn't sure why Duke was seen as a lock, when I heard through some back channels that people are pushing UK.

I never changed my mind, and I wasn't ever confident one way or another. I was being optimistic about Barrett and you guys.

The fact there wasn't any new information made me say that I think it's probably Duke.

It wouldn't shock me either way, which is why I am not claiming or even pretending to know what going to happen. Which I hope you all can respect.

I know for a fact, he had his best visit to Oregon, and the kid loved it. However, I haven't heard one bit of Oregon talk. Which made me think it's not them.

Duke makes a lot of sense relationship-wise, UK made the most sense NBA preparation-wise. I just tend to go with relationships when I really don't have a clear opinion one way or another.

No explanations needed ever but thanks...

Reactions: Mr_GG
I don't understand the relationship part being better with Duke. I don't know alot of details about his relationships with their players and coaches but I thought Gilgeous-Alexander and Murray were close with him also.

You don’t have to explain yourself especially to someone who lives in Bowling Green

When your in school six months relationships don't mean as much as nba prep IMO. Hope he feels the same.

I just don't get it.

Duke has nothing to offer a young kid's NBA potential.

All they can offer them is NCAA protection and favoritism for 9 months. That's it.

Reactions: Mr_GG and BBUK
I just don't get it.

Duke has nothing to offer a young kid's NBA potential.

All they can offer them is NCAA protection and favoritism for 9 months. That's it.
It's about relationships as Coach said. It's a matter of where he feels most comfortable. For him, it only maters a slight bit to where he goes. Most likely the #1 pick no matter if he goes to UK or Mississippi Valley State.

No offense Coach but....Relationship wise would lead you to think Duke? Relationship wise would favor UK & Oregon over Duke. If it is Duke it would not be relationships.

It's about relationships as Coach said. It's a matter of where he feels most comfortable. For him, it only maters a slight bit to where he goes. Most likely the #1 pick no matter if he goes to UK or Mississippi Valley State.

Maybe he is the most likely #1 pick, but because he is going to Duke and their lack of player development, I wouldn't count on it

Reactions: Mr_GG
I just read on twitter. Canada people think it's Oregon. Last time they thought it was Oregon was Murray and he went to Kentucky. So I doubt they know but still something I read.

As coach says, uk isn't for everyone & maybe the parents are concerned about that. He can go to duke & none of their fans will complain with with 2nd rd loss unlike here or a loss on the road to a terrible acc team. If that was my child, my concern would be how is he going to play beside of reddish?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT