ADVERTISEMENT

November Update- Happy Basketball Season!

You’re a smart guy, don’t fall for this. Watch the game on Friday, take your lady to see a movie, have a few drinks. Plan for a great weekend that doesn’t involve RJ Barrett committing to Kentucky. You’ll thank me on Saturday.

Oh so pessimistic but probably true. I won't be on here all day holding my breath for Barrett to UK news. Now if he signs I will stay up all night salivating on the message boards till the last post is read. Lol. I hope like the dickens you are proved wrong and I know you do too! Here's to a Knox like finish!

Reactions: BBUK
Right, but you've been here long enough to know his prediction will then be tied to his credibility forever. This place doesn't do nuance.

And you've been here long enough to know we're not worried about what the future holds for someones posting credibility. We want a prediction now and we'll figure out the future later [winking]

Reactions: GonzoCat90
First off, if HOB means a paid site, I wouldn't ever do that.

I hope you guys start seeing some positives from others in the next day or so. That would confirm what I am hearing. My info isn't anything TOP TOP secret or anything. You'd think these "experts" on twitter would know who to talk to at this point in the game.

I think it's some pressure, but I think you'd take him if you have a spot regardless. He's a notch below the other targets but still very good.

Not totally sure. Was always thinking UK, however maybe he doesn't want to play with Barrett?

Hanging on to the hope that your last statement about not wanting to play with Barrett is the reason for Keldon's pause. I know for a fact that Keldon wants to play at UK and has been a heavy lean for them since the summer. For him to pause at this juncture might be signaling that there is some hope that the Barrett to UK rumors are getting legs.

Hanging on to the hope that your last statement about not wanting to play with Barrett is the reason for Keldon's pause. I know for a fact that Keldon wants to play at UK and has been a heavy lean for them since the summer. For him to pause at this juncture might be signaling that there is some hope that the Barrett to UK rumors are getting legs.
Actually, I'd rather the strong "Barrett to Duke" rumors stay strong and keep the "Barrett to UK" rumors quiet.
We all got a lot of enjoyment out of Knox tricking everybody and I think Knox got the most enjoyment out of it.
These kids love to keep everybody guessing and the longer people think Barrett is going to Duke the better it will feel when he puts that UK hat on.

I've been here long enough to know people will criticize him even if he is 100% correct. I've also been here long enough to not care what 95% on this board think and neither should coach or anyone else. I would just like to know where he stands with all the information he has access to. If he's wrong, it probably does mean his intel was a little off, but I wouldn't criticize him for it.

Don't know if it's fair to put him on the spot. He said he wasn't really sure what to think about this one, but if we make him name a school then to the morons here he'll be "Coach told us Barrett was coming and he went to Duke!!!!" guy forever.

Probably better to just read between the lines. It's probably Duke, but there's info out there that at least means some of the parties involved want UK.

I think we should just leave it be, Coach was nice enough to come here and tell us all he could. We should respect him enough to trust what he has said and not prod him for information that he is not comfortable giving.
He seems to be sticking his neck out a bit just to give us the info he has.
I'd have to think his source would not be too happy with him if he spilled the intimate details of this.
I'm very grateful for what Coach has given us and will just wait to see what happens.
Just the thought of landing Barrett is enough to make me walk crooked for a few days. That would be a phenomenal job by Cal.
If he lands Barrett AND Zion, wow, that would be his best class ever and that is saying something.

I don't feel enough to make a prediction right now.

I tell you what... If I get a little more information to make a call later this week (say Thursday) then I'll give you all my prediction. Sound good?

The issue is this:

I don't hear enough Duke stuff to match the public opinion that Duke is going to be the choice.

I also have "ONE" really good Duke connection who usually tells me when Duke is getting someone, and I haven't heard that from him. (Just like I didn't about Knox, well and Bagley).

So, I either don't know something about Duke that everyone else knows, or I know somethings that most "recruiting experts" don't.

This is a hard recruitment to follow, but I'll put a few more texts out later and see if anyone bites.

I don't feel enough to make a prediction right now.

I tell you what... If I get a little more information to make a call later this week (say Thursday) then I'll give you all my prediction. Sound good?

The issue is this:

I don't hear enough Duke stuff to match the public opinion that Duke is going to be the choice.

I also have "ONE" really good Duke connection who usually tells me when Duke is getting someone, and I haven't heard that from him. (Just like I didn't about Knox, well and Bagley).

So, I either don't know something about Duke that everyone else knows, or I know somethings that most "recruiting experts" don't.

This is a hard recruitment to follow, but I'll put a few more texts out later and see if anyone bites.
Sounds good! I just have this weird feeling it is Duke and once he commits we will realize the signs were always pointed towards Duke. He's probably just trying to build a brand for himself and wants to generate some buzz and excitement around this announcement.
I'm far more concerned with and worried about Zion. I've not wanted a player this bad in a while. I think he's truly a game changer at the college level. He just seems to be looking for any possible reason to fall in love with one of the Carolina Schools. This rumor of another visit/meeting with Clemson seems alarming. Have you heard anything further on him?

Actually, I'd rather the strong "Barrett to Duke" rumors stay strong and keep the "Barrett to UK" rumors quiet.
We all got a lot of enjoyment out of Knox tricking everybody and I think Knox got the most enjoyment out of it.
These kids love to keep everybody guessing and the longer people think Barrett is going to Duke the better it will feel when he puts that UK hat on.

I think that wasn't really Knox tricking anyone, it was Duke putting out complete lies. Apparently that's their strategy.

Sounds good! I just have this weird feeling it is Duke and once he commits we will realize the signs were always pointed towards Duke. He's probably just trying to build a brand for himself and wants to generate some buzz and excitement around this announcement.
I'm far more concerned with and worried about Zion. I've not wanted a player this bad in a while. I think he's truly a game changer at the college level. He just seems to be looking for any possible reason to fall in love with one of the Carolina Schools. This rumor of another visit/meeting with Clemson seems alarming. Have you heard anything further on him?

He'd get a whole lot more buzz getting a max contract due to his UK enhanced skills. That is not debatable...

He'd get a whole lot more buzz getting a max contract due to his UK enhanced skills. That is not debatable...
Perhaps, but will that be enough to get him to UK? I don't see it, but hope I'm wrong. I also think at 6'7 185, he will struggle way more at this level than Zion will at 6'6 and 270. Would love to have Barrett, but have never felt like he was coming here. I've wanted Zion for almost 2 years, and legit felt he was ours to lose. Now I am starting to feel that we are losing him and it's crucial we don't.

Perhaps, but will that be enough to get him to UK? I don't see it, but hope I'm wrong. I also think at 6'7 185, he will struggle way more at this level than Zion will at 6'6 and 270. Would love to have Barrett, but have never felt like he was coming here. I've wanted Zion for almost 2 years, and legit felt he was ours to lose. Now I am starting to feel that we are losing him and it's crucial we don't.

Understood. I was just commenting on the specific...

Happy Basketball Season Kentucky Fans.

My season has started, and my communication with my basketball friends and colleagues will start to dry out, as we’re all focused on keeping our jobs and trying to grind our way through the season.

A little back story to this post: I basically gave up on poking around for information for you guys about a month ago. I got really busy and was on the road quite a bit. Also, I didn’t like a lot of the messages and comments I received in return for posting some tidbits here and there. Didn't think I needed that in my life.

To be honest, I just didn’t have the natural connections to this group of recruits as I did with current class of freshmen. Information is a lot harder to come by.

However, the early signing period is here, and rumors and talks are always hot during this period. I did stumble across some news and notes (mostly non-UK related, but some UK related) and I was able to make some calls and squeeze my way into something.

I’ve been hesitant to say much, because I’m sure they’ll be some backlash when some of this may end up being wrong in the long run, however this is the BEST information and “interpretation” of information that I can give you as of a few days ago.

Barrett- From what I am gathering this is a game of who get’s the last laugh. I think the family is really pushing Duke, the kid likes Oregon and Kentucky more, however he’s not in LOVE with UK or Oregon. IF he goes to DUKE, I want you all to know that there is a lot of people who were pushing UK. Coach Cal has a great relationship with the Canada Basketball, and the Murray family has had conversations with them about Coach Cal. The NBA guys tend to prefer UK over Duke in player development, however it just depends on which guys are in the ears of this camp. Coach Cal is polarizing.

Now, which brings me to the point that people thinks that this is a done deal for Duke. I don’t see that. Now, he may go to Duke, but I think it would be because “it was always going to be Duke” more so than Duke was where people were leading this family towards. Still, don’t count out Oregon. Lastly, the person who tells me a long time before on Duke guys (Jones, W. Carter, Trent) hasn’t bragged about Barrett yet, just like he didn’t brag beforehand about Knox. Full disclosure he didn’t brag about Bagley either. I’m still curious on how he can co-exist with Reddish and Jones (both are ball dominant).

Zion- The biggest thing you want to realize with Zion and his camp is that they’re ALL about the hype factor. This happens to be why I still can’t see him anywhere else but UK. He has a good connection with the staff, and of course Quickley. Now, he may very well be considering Clemson, South Carolina, whomever. However, those type of schools won’t give you the hype that a UK would.

Did you notice that when Kansas was eliminated, that he quickly replaced them with Duke and North Carolina? Hype. Now, I was under the impression that it was UK and one of the local schools for Zion (Probably Clemson) and UK will be the choice. In the mean time, why not take some visits to two of the other top programs in the nation? It would be a complete shock if he’s not a Cat soon. Perfect situation for all parties involved. If he waits until spring, then this recruitment will get very interesting and would be a big negative to UK.

K. Johnson- Should be a Cat. Outside shot with Maryland and Texas. This isn’t Quickley or Quade confidence, but this is shaping up to be done soon or his spot may be taken. Someone told me Texas has all but given up, but Maryland still thinks there is a shot. Oak Hill is a good place to have end-roads with. He’s not as a big name, but he’s a beast. I used to like Grimes better for UK, but Johnson has clearly jumped him.

Bol- See my post from a while ago. I just think it’s not a good fit with UK. High drama, high a lot of things. The intangibles aren’t there. I think Cal gave it another stab with bringing him in on a visit. Didn’t work.

Herro- Still don’t know much besides the fact, he reminds me of Devin Booker. With no extra knowledge, he seems like a guy that wants UK pretty badly. I would take his commitment if everything about him checks out.

Happy Friday. Good luck this season.

-Coach
Hey Coach. I love your input. Please don't let some of our dumb ass posters stop you from posting. We have a few moron's that just wait for something to bitch about, I guess it's makes them feel important. Love hearing from you. Right or wrong I will not complain. Hope you have a great year..

Reactions: Chase4UK

I like the long term potential for Barrett much more than I do for Williamson.

I think Zion will be fun to watch in college.

Reactions: floatingyou
We will all know within a couple days. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem anyone really knows / people are just making educated guesses (other than the RJ to Duke chatter which could just be smoke )

I like the long term potential for Barrett much more than I do for Williamson.

I think Zion will be fun to watch in college.
I would disagree based on body types so far. Barrett could end up better, but at 6'6 270 Zion is a freak. He needs to get down to 245ish, but the way he already moves and handles himself at that size is special. Barrett has the offensive skills to be great, but I questions his lack of body size at this point. Not height, just weight and bulk. Obviously, he will get bigger, but I doubt he can ever come close to Zion's size. Either way, we just need him to be great in college. Being great in the NBA is nice for recruiting and bragging, but being great here gets us championships.

Reactions: Newcattitudes
So who will we end up with. After Knox its all I will never doubt Cal again. Now Barret and every other player joins Duke. We will lose Zion and now Keldon may not sign. Who will suit up for us then.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Okay everyone...I mentioned how i don’t like predictions, but I promised to share to some posters who have been very good to me.

I’m becoming less and less optimistic as the time goes.

This will be my last effort.

I’m going to leak (share) something to a couple of people who I’m sure many of you follow on Twitter.

These guys have been good to me, tipping me off on some guys for my level. In return, I give them some national scoop. See how that works? ;)

If its old news to them and some buzz isnt started. Then it’s probably Duke. If you start getting some different vibes from “experts” on social media then maybe I lucked into something.

Keyword- Lucked.

Speaking of luck, I got some new area contacts in Canada for digging around.

Wish I could be more of help to you all, but this is the best I can do.

Okay everyone...I mentioned how i don’t like predictions, but I promised to share to some posters who have been very good to me.

I’m going to leak (share) something to a couple of people who I’m sure many of you follow on Twitter.

These guys have been good to me, tipping me off on some guys for my level. In return, I give them some national scoop. See how that works? ;)

If its old news to them and some buzz isnt started. Then it’s probably Duke. If you start getting some different vibes from “experts” on social media then maybe I lucked into something.

Keyword- Lucked.

Can I get your twitter handle? :D

Feeding people national scoops?? I figured it out everyone!

@CoachX11 is actually David Telep who went off the radar a few years ago. He's now coaching but still a recruiting guru, moonlight here at CatsPause. Has to be. It all adds up!

0ZnWnAS.gif

Keyword- Lucked.

Less optimistic for UK?

Keyword- Lucked.

My goodness, what an effort.

Appreciate all the info you provide.

No matter what the haters say, please keep coming back.

To think we could steal Barrett from the bloatfish!

I think we will know more tomorrow.

The most likely result is that the Cats wind up with the number 1 class again.

Everyone expects Duke, but it will be Kentucky.

Oh, man. I can't wait.

My goodness, what an effort.

Appreciate all the info you provide.

No matter what the haters say, please keep coming back.

To think we could steal Barrett from the bloatfish!

I think we will know more tomorrow.

The most likely result is that the Cats wind up with the number 1 class again.

Everyone expects Duke, but it will be Kentucky.

Oh, man. I can't wait.

I love your energy, but I don’t think you’ve been listening. [laughing]

Please don’t do anything rash two days from now when this optimism high takes an ice-cold reality bath.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
What he is saying couldn't be more clear if he wrote "I AM BULLSHITTING YOU AND HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS".
Lol, pretty much. If you look at his initial post, there's absolutely nothing there that was original. Plus, some of it - e.g., that Zion replaced Kansas w/ Duke and UNC at the last minute, for the 'hype' factor - is 100% wrong. Still, I like a good work of fiction so I look forward to more posts.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I appreciate the work @CoachX11 has put in actually.. Good or bad, right or wrong.

Still think K is up to negative tactics and skirting the NCAA, so I still think that's where RJ ends up.

Hard to top the Devil.. Literally.

But he'll be gone soon and same goes for their basketball program.

Keyword- Lucked.

Coach, We all appreciate your contributions to the site. Please hang around during the season.

Thanks so much.

Well, I'm not anyone famous I promise.

I hope you all realize I get something out of digging information also. I gain contacts and connections, which is why I don't mind this at all. Most of my information I know doesn't come from top 50 players usually.

Stay tight...
You’re an angel sent from Big blue heaven and don’t let anyone tell you any different

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT