ADVERTISEMENT

November Update- Happy Basketball Season!

Hope this latest "feel good" info on Barrett isn' some type of misdirection to build suspense.

Hard to get too excited when Cal hasn't been to see Barrett or his camp lately

Reactions: Newcattitudes
@CoachX11 is it your feeling that UK "offering" Herro was done so not solely to put the pressure on Johnson and Grimes but that was part of it? I've heard and said this before that UK coaching staff doesn't love Herro and his best shot of being a cat is waiting til spring and seeing if we have a mass exodus or we miss on the other guys?

First off, if HOB means a paid site, I wouldn't ever do that.

I hope you guys start seeing some positives from others in the next day or so. That would confirm what I am hearing. My info isn't anything TOP TOP secret or anything. You'd think these "experts" on twitter would know who to talk to at this point in the game.

@CoachX11 is it your feeling that UK "offering" Herro was done so not solely to put the pressure on Johnson and Grimes but that was part of it? I've heard and said this before that UK coaching staff doesn't love Herro and his best shot of being a cat is waiting til spring and seeing if we have a mass exodus or we miss on the other guys?

I think it's some pressure, but I think you'd take him if you have a spot regardless. He's a notch below the other targets but still very good.

Coach, what's up with keldon?

Not totally sure. Was always thinking UK, however maybe he doesn't want to play with Barrett?

Thanks, Coach, I appreciate your tidbits of info you hear, as usual. Of course, you now realize you have the hopes of BBN pretty high, especially regarding Barrett, lol. Appreciate all you contribute on our board and wish you and your team a great season this year.

I hope you guys start seeing some positives from others in the next day or so. That would confirm what I am hearing. My info isn't anything TOP TOP secret or anything. You'd think these "experts" on twitter would know who to talk to at this point in the game.
So, if it's not really top secret, can you tell is more specifically what you heard?

Barrett was never going to play with Cam Reddish, Once Reddish and Tre Jones all committed to Duke within the same time frame that Bagley done his miracle reclassifying act. I started getting a feeling that he and his family had been following the Jamal Murray path in this recruitment at the same time.. Duke just tries to use there elite status to try and pressure kids into going there like they did Brandon Ingram and Giles..

Interesting. Slater also put the CB pick in for Shareef O’Neal and nothing came of that..

I think it's some pressure, but I think you'd take him if you have a spot regardless. He's a notch below the other targets but still very good.

Not totally sure. Was always thinking UK, however maybe he doesn't want to play with Barrett?

Coach, Barrett and Johnson will coexist in the same form that Vanderbilt and Knox do, everyone of these kids dreams is to play in the NBA. No coach can put Johnson in the position to get drafted like Cal will, Johnson is not a Fultz or Simmons, where he is good enough to go to a school on his own accord and put out enough game to show he is a top 10 pick..

Thanks, Coach, I appreciate your tidbits of info you hear, as usual. Of course, you now realize you have the hopes of BBN pretty high, especially regarding Barrett, lol. Appreciate all you contribute on our board and wish you and your team a great season this year.

I was afraid of that... I really don't want this to go negatively if things end up not going UK's way this week... Remember, I've never said I have enough to make a call for UK, just saying there are some positives at work.

So, if it's not really top secret, can you tell is more specifically what you heard?

Not at this time, I will say most of my information is coming from Canada people. So maybe you can find someone who can dig from there.

Thanks everyone for the replies and well wishes.

By the way, I stumbled across a pretty positive tidbit regarding Barrett for you guys.

I expect more to leak this week. If you guys see “experts” flip picks in the next day or two for UK, there is a really good reason.

Still, I’m not sure anyone really knows at this point.
This sounds promising. I have had a good feeling about Barrett for quite a while and have been saying I think he will be at UK. Thanks again for the information you are passing.

I was afraid of that... I really don't want this to go negatively if things end up not going UK's way this week... Remember, I've never said I have enough to make a call for UK, just saying there are some positives at work.

Not at this time, I will say most of my information is coming from Canada people. So maybe you can find someone who can dig from there.

How confident are you in your source?

It feels like you're saying the positives are that the Canada grassroots folks like the relationship with Cal, and that guys like Triano and even Roger Murray have helped assuage some of Rowan's concerns or temper the Duke love a bit.

I don't want to speak for you, but that's about all it could be. How close to that group is the source? Two people removed or fewer?

It feels like you're saying the positives are that the Canada grassroots folks like the relationship with Cal, and that guys like Triano and even Roger Murray have helped assuage some of Rowan's concerns or temper the Duke love a bit.

I don't want to speak for you, but that's about all it could be. How close to that group is the source? Two people removed or fewer?

But who else would be closer to RJ Barrett, basketball wise than his dad, Jay Triano and Roger Murray?? Im sure they have all pointed at Duke's weak star league in the NBA.. You know crying, ref whining, flopping, tripping, just regular Duke basketball does not cut it in today's NBA..

Ehh, I still feel like Barrett ends up at Duke. I'm sure there will be some smoke screens to try and make it interesting, but I feel he has been Duke bound for a while now. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm far more concerned about Zion. It seems very concerning he has yet to set a date or anything to announce and recent rumors suggest he is setting up another meeting with Clemson. I want this kid bad, but I have started having a weird feeling about him the last couple of weeks.

You're pretty close, but there is a little more to it. I would say I'm at least one maybe two removed from the top. So it's not straight from the horses mouth, but it's also from an unbiased party. Which is why I felt okay posting.

There is a lot powers at hand who recommend Coach Cal.

You're pretty close, but there is a little more to it. I would say I'm at least one maybe two removed from the top. So it's not straight from the horses mouth, but it's also from an unbiased party. Which is why I felt okay posting.

There is a lot powers at hand who recommend Coach Cal.
So in your opinion, where does he likely end up?

I think we should just leave it be, Coach was nice enough to come here and tell us all he could. We should respect him enough to trust what he has said and not prod him for information that he is not comfortable giving.
He seems to be sticking his neck out a bit just to give us the info he has.
I'd have to think his source would not be too happy with him if he spilled the intimate details of this.
I'm very grateful for what Coach has given us and will just wait to see what happens.
Just the thought of landing Barrett is enough to make me walk crooked for a few days. That would be a phenomenal job by Cal.
If he lands Barrett AND Zion, wow, that would be his best class ever and that is saying something.

I think we should just leave it be, Coach was nice enough to come here and tell us all he could. We should respect him enough to trust what he has said and not prod him for information that he is not comfortable giving.
He seems to be sticking his neck out a bit just to give us the info he has.
I'd have to think his source would not be too happy with him if he spilled the intimate details of this.
I'm very grateful for what Coach has given us and will just wait to see what happens.
Just the thought of landing Barrett is enough to make me walk crooked for a few days. That would be a phenomenal job by Cal.
If he lands Barrett AND Zion, wow, that would be his best class ever and that is saying something.

Coach K will be walking crooked all season from a broken back if Cal does manage to land BArrett and Zion Williamson.. How are you suppose to stop that combination?? That's not even including the other potential weapons that Cal will have at his disposal next season..

Don't know if it's fair to put him on the spot. He said he wasn't really sure what to think about this one, but if we make him name a school then to the morons here he'll be "Coach told us Barrett was coming and he went to Duke!!!!" guy forever.

Probably better to just read between the lines. It's probably Duke, but there's info out there that at least means some of the parties involved want UK.

Coach K will be walking crooked all season from a broken back if Cal does manage to land BArrett and Zion Williamson.. How are you suppose to stop that combination?? That's not even including the other potential weapons that Cal will have at his disposal next season..
Yeah, throw in Quickly and anybody off this years team and you really have something special.

Don't know if it's fair to put him on the spot. He said he wasn't really sure what to think about this one, but if we make him name a school then to the morons here he'll be "Coach told us Barrett was coming and he went to Duke!!!!" guy forever.

Probably better to just read between the lines. It's probably Duke, but there's info out there that at least means some of the parties involved want UK.

Exactly...was this that hard for people to decipher from what Coach was saying???

I just want to know, based on his sources and info, where he would guess Barrett ends up. It doesn't mean he will be right or wrong, or that he is making a guarantee of what will happen. However, he is coming here and saying he has some level of intel into the matter, which his more than most here have. So, I just wonder with the information he is privy to, what his guess would be. Really no harm in saying what he likely thinks will happen.

It's been known for quite a while that a lot of people around him are pro-UK, but it seems the ones closest may be pro-Duke. Not really sure that's the kind of information that makes people start thinking it's UK.

Ehh, I still feel like Barrett ends up at Duke. I'm sure there will be some smoke screens to try and make it interesting, but I feel he has been Duke bound for a while now. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm far more concerned about Zion. It seems very concerning he has yet to set a date or anything to announce and recent rumors suggest he is setting up another meeting with Clemson. I want this kid bad, but I have started having a weird feeling we about him the last couple of weeks.

Could be a gastronectomy of sorts...

I just want to know, based on his sources and info, where he would guess Barrett ends up. It doesn't mean he will be right or wrong, or that he is making a guarantee of what will happen. However, he is coming here and saying he has some level of intel into the matter, which his more than most here have. So, I just wonder with the information he is privy to, what his guess would be. Really no harm in saying what he likely thinks will happen.

It's been known for quite a while that a lot of people around him are pro-UK, but it seems the ones closest may be pro-Duke. Not really sure that's the kind of information that makes people start thinking it's UK.

Right, but you've been here long enough to know his prediction will then be tied to his credibility forever. This place doesn't do nuance.

Right, but you've been here long enough to know his prediction will then be tied to his credibility forever. This place doesn't do nuance.
I've been here long enough to know people will criticize him even if he is 100% correct. I've also been here long enough to not care what 95% on this board think and neither should coach or anyone else. I would just like to know where he stands with all the information he has access to. If he's wrong, it probably does mean his intel was a little off, but I wouldn't criticize him for it.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Hope this latest "feel good" info on Barrett isn' some type of misdirection to build suspense.

Hard to get too excited when Cal hasn't been to see Barrett or his camp lately

Unfortunately I agree with you. Seen this before and it doesn't pass the smell test.

How long does it take Matt Jones to read this thread and write a post about how his sources are saying positive things about Barrett to UK?

Reactions: ThroughBlue
LoL .... damn straight HOB are elitists and it's thanks to Rowland Drummond and Walker's HOB info and articles.

Was on HOB for years and just failed to renew after last year. In your opinion, do they have any different information that we see here on Rafter or with Matt Jones? Serious question because if they have better inside info to bb recruiting I will re-up.

ADVERTISEMENT