ADVERTISEMENT

Noticed that Cal was in Brooklyn today...

It's so funny if someone says something about Cal. this board go's crazy, it wouldn't have matter if we had got Bam anyway we wasn't winning #9 because as i said before Cal is not Coach, he has to have by far the best team in the nation in order to win, he can not Coach a lick. Go Cats Cal Sucks

Trollin Trollin Trollin...

You should be slapped for using my friend as your username...

We can measure ourselves against other blue bloods like Duke and UNC.

That's what we always do. Wins, championships, etc. So why can't we rationally compare Cal's tenure to K and Roy?

Lets do it.

Coach K at blueblood for 38 years won 5 titles = 1 every 7.6 years
(4 Runner Ups, 12 Final Fours)

Coach Roy at blueblood for 30 years won 3 titles = 1 every 10 years
(2 Runner Ups, 9 Final Fours)

Coach Cal at blueblood for 8 years won 1 title = 1 every 8 years
(3 Runner Ups, 6 Final Fours)

Thanks for asking for this. Cal is right with these guys with 22 and 30 less years coaching a blueblood.

Seems pretty good.

Last edited:
I don't understand the mind set of the people who bash Cal for his wanting the best for the players. We are competative virtually every year to win a championship and he already has had one, and runner up to another. Insufferable, indeed.

Trollin Trollin Trollin...

You should be slapped for using my friend as your username...

Let me tell you something your friend as you call is my Cousin, and trust me Oscar knows it to that Cal. can't Coach, and i'm no Troll just because i don't like Cal.

Sounds good to me next time I'm in Lex. i'll let you know and will be glad to meet, Cuz. is not ashame of me LOL

Yes i like Tubby as a Coach, he didn't act like he was better than ever body else.

55a939f6d301485dd75e3d30ecff7345e8edfced0aa7fa58a721a741e0eab376.jpg

I agree with the sentiment it averages out to one a decade, but have we ever had this much assemblance of talent? Or has anyone for that matter had that much talent in a span of time?

I'm still more than content with Cal's tenure. I've never been more in love with college basketball but we have had some STACKED teams. And I know we've been off by a couple plays of winning 1 maybe 2 more in his time here.
Dean Smith had it for 25 years and won only 2 titles both on odd end of the game turnovers.Winning titles isn't easy!

Sounds good to me next time I'm in Lex. i'll let you know and will be glad to meet, Cuz. is not ashame of me LOL

I am ashamed that you are a poster on this message board.

If there is no shame then use your real name. I do, and thus I have to tell the truth.

Or stay anonymous and tell us how you are related to Oscar, Obama, and O'Reilly....

I don't understand the mind set of the people who bash Cal for his wanting the best for the players. We are competative virtually every year to win a championship and he already has had one, and runner up to another. Insufferable, indeed.
I'm willing to bet they're all trolls. If that's not the case then damn there are some really stupid people out there.

Lets do it.

Thanks for asking for this. Cal is right with these guys with 22 and 30 less years coaching a blueblood.

Seems pretty good.
How many effin times do I have to tell you TO STOP using ACTUAL statistics? It just gets all the hell, in the way, of a crappy agenda

Lets do it.

Seems pretty good.
Idt it's fair to use Cals final year at Memphis, but yes you're correct he's on par statistically with both those coaches

Idt it's fair to use Cals final year at Memphis, but yes you're correct he's on par statistically with both those coaches

And you woul be wrong.

Outside of K's short stint at Army he and Roy have always been with blue bloods.

On the other hand Cal spent 17 years at crap schools...and succeeded.

He took an A10 school to the FF. The first New England team to ever be ranked #1. He beat Tim Duncan, AI, the 96 Cats.

He was a pathetically called Tech from preventing one of the greatest games in college history.

And only had one McD AA in 8 years at UMass.

He then lead a Conference USA team to the title game and a #1 ranking.

But he can't coach according to the dumbest of dumb @oscarcombs44 .

Yes, his FF at UMass and at Memphis should count.

Imagine Cal at KY from 1998 to today...

Of course the morons would still whine because we were only 2 titles ahead of UCLA...

And you woul be wrong.

Outside of K's short stint at Army he and Roy have always been with blue bloods.

He took an A10 school to the FF. The first New England team to ever be ranked #1. He beat Tim Duncan, AI, the 96 Cats.

He was a pathetically called Tech from preventing one of the greatest games in college history.

Of course the morons would still whine because we were only 2 titles ahead of UCLA...
Well you said at blue blood schools, I wouldn't call Memphis a blue blood school. Not arguing Cal can't coach just that I wouldn't count the last year in Memphis. 2 runner ups 5 FF and 1 NC isn't anything to sneeze at in 7 yrs

And you woul be wrong.

Preach it brother. If you are mad about our coach now, compairible, to the last 3?

Turn fan card in. GTFO. Die on your lawn porch.

Reactions: brianpoe
Notice how the board has turned to anger when someone brings up Cal not winning enough titles, or Cal caring more about getting players to the pros than he does winning championships. This accusation sure is striking some nerves.

Sometimes stupidity does strike a nerve.

It's offensive, especially given the free public education that's available to all Americans.

He isn't trolling, it's his opinion. If you shared an opinion that others didn't care for, you'd be trolling to.
It's not an opinion it's an agenda that some on here have. It's people that many consider to be trolls because the FACTS don't back up anything they say. So if people are going to post something that's not accurate or just outright stupid then they'll get blasted for it. It's as simple as that.

It's not about titles for Cal. It's about the good you do for others and the lives you change or improve by getting these men to the NBA. If you want NCAA titles maybe you should consider a change in the team you pull/root for. In Cal I trust.

I think this is the last team he is working out for so maybe today is the day he announces his decision.

I have to admit it is as or more rewarding to me to watch these young men on draft night than it is to watch UK win a title. It's the lives that we are changing that just fill me with such joy. In Cal we trust.

I think Cal wants titles baaaadddd. Continuing to mention players first is a tactic that aligns with his strategy to always pursue getting the best players. If he is insincere and doesn't help his players, he's lost trust and that hurts his recruiting efforts. A guy that wants 40-0 certainly wants titles.

I think Cal wants titles baaaadddd. Continuing to mention players first is a tactic that aligns with his strategy to always pursue getting the best players. If he is insincere and doesn't help his players, he's lost trust and that hurts his recruiting efforts. A guy that wants 40-0 certainly wants titles.

Of course he does. And he's going about it in what he thinks is the best way possible.

We have some extremely simple-minded fans who will never get it.

We have a slew of bitter, negative posters who will always find a reason to hate.

These are the people who still complain because we didn't beat Kansas by enough in 2012. Complain because Terrence Jones could have left (he didn't), and we might not have won the Title without him (we did though).

It's one thing to speculate about that one more player, or one more shot that could have delivered a championship. But what kind of loser do you have to be to sit around and dream up ways we could have lost the Titles we won?

And oh, of course there are rival fans trolling. Lots of those.

Well you said at blue blood schools, I wouldn't call Memphis a blue blood school. Not arguing Cal can't coach just that I wouldn't count the last year in Memphis. 2 runner ups 5 FF and 1 NC isn't anything to sneeze at in 7 yrs

Not really.

I may not be expressing my thoughts well enough.

I am not comparing only time at bluebloods, it just so happens that K and Roy have spent all of their time at ones.

I am comparing careers.

It is obvious that for 68 years K and Roy have been at bluebloods (K was at Army for only 5 i thinK)

My point is that Cal has been at UK for a short period yet his overall accomplishments are right in line with those 2.

Not really.

I may not be expressing my thoughts well enough.

I am not comparing only time at bluebloods, it just so happens that K and Roy have spent all of their time at ones.

I am comparing careers.

It is obvious that for 68 years K and Roy have been at bluebloods (K was at Army for only 5 i thinK)

My point is that Cal has been at UK for a short period yet his overall accomplishments are right in line with those 2.
Thought you were saying careers at blue bloods only. Not overall

Just rubbing it in a little. Give Cal 30 years at UK starting in 98 and what does his record look like?
I'd say we would've been pretty good. Glad we didn't have to deal with the Drose fiasco. Cal learned his lessons on the way to UK which I'm thankful for. Without a Drose situation though I'd say we'd probably have another 1-2 championships

Sometimes I leave this board for a much needed break.

Then, I come back and read thru threads like this one and I don't think I am exaggerating at all here by saying that the level of retard actually gives me a headache. Some of you actually give me a headache with your stupidity. Didn't think that was possible.

Sorry to be blunt. But it is the hard truth. Some of you clearly have trouble with even a modicum of rational thought. Honestly, I hope that you are trolling. That would actually be a relief.

Anyone who believes for a second some of the idiocy that is spouted here should really consider not procreating in order to spare the rest of us.

Had to be said. Now, continue telling all of us how big of a failure Cal has been since he has been at UK. Tell us all how he doesn't care about winning or championships.

The rest of us will point and laugh. And you deserve to be mocked and ridiculed for your utter stupidity.

/Rant

Just to rub it in...

Idc what K did for 20something years, tbh. Duke is well behind us. UNC, behind us. That's understood.

We slipped for a good while before Cal resurrected us, and since then Duke has somehow managed to get 2 titles. How in the world? Idk. K certainly "adapted" to 1 n done, finally embraced "ruining college basketball". I don't like that. We should have more titles than both Duke and UNC during this special Cal run, and maybe we will once he's done. Who knows. NCAA tournament is a crude bitch, and I'm just tickled to have a legit shot almost every season. But I'd be lying if I said I was not jealous of Duke and UNCs recent success. It just doesn't add up to me. If we played those teams in yearly series I am confident we would own them bc we have the superior talent.

That's not complaining, that's just real stubborn sports fan talk. I won't give UNC or Duke credit and I won't accept that they are ahead in the most recent decade. It's BS. Just look at the NBA. Cal's guys are everywhere, and where are the dukies/heels? Idk, they suck compared to us. It just doesn't add up.

And it burns Cal up, too. That WVU 2010 loss haunts him like it does us. Wisconsin. UNC. Ball bounces a couple different ways and it's a totally different picture. Those lucky SOBs.

And quit that PC holier than thou sports fan talk. It's sports.

/rant

Hell, even stupid UL has one. What in the world. I know Cal won't leave till he trumps that skunk weasel.

Some are questioning whether Cal is pushing Diallo to the Nets. Why would he push a guy to the league that most are projecting as a borderline first round pick? Isn't he better served to play a year and improve his draft status - potentially into the lottery? We are talking a difference in millions over the first 3 years.
#10 pick - 2.14m
#30 pick - 976k

If Cal pushes a player to the NBA, his goal in doing so is to have that player truly believe that Cal wanted what was best for him personally, and to pass that knowledge on to any recruits that the player might talk to in the future.

I am not saying Cal is pushing Diallo, just what the reasoning would be if he ever does that to borderline first-round picks.

Lets do it.

Seems pretty good.

It will all be moot if Cal wins another title. That's what his legacy will come down to at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT