ADVERTISEMENT

Chatter within

I posted a week ago about there was chatter about Cal being gone from UK next season, well a little update from my source today…..

Tensions are very high within the program, Mitch and Cal both have met today. Not sure what exactly was said, but it does seem like this is the end.

All I know is there is a 98% chance Cal is not at UK next season. Whether they buy him out, fire him, or he could go coach elsewhere.
Bull shit nothing but

Go check out some tournament games from 2012 and 2013. there were "brought to you by papa johns"

a few years ago there were UK/UL football games "brought to you by outback steakhouse"

are you picking up the nuggets im dropping down? Bama is not going to spend big money on basketball for that when they need it for football because it takes a hell of a lot more to get help in football.
And? Oats had the number 1 overall seed last year. He’s proven he can put together great teams at Bama. Him having that same team at UK wouldn’t make it any more likely they win it all.

72-42 since the 2020 season.......... 1NCAAT win, 1 SECT win............ Tubby's last 2 years had triple that amount of SECT and NCAAT wins and a better win % and got pushed out............ Billy G's 2 years had a slightly lower win % but also 1 SECT win and 1 NCAAT win......and he got fired.

so wanna try and say its not bad enough to be pushed out or fired again?
Well, in all fairness, BCG was fired for much more than just numbers.

Ask Jorts how he liked being locked in a shitter stall until he got "tough enough".

And the drinking and some rumors that he came to practice hungover and sometimes even drunk.

Not at all defending Cal or making a case for him to stay - just saying using numbers and citing BCG's firing isn't even apples to apples.

And? Oats had the number 1 overall seed last year. He’s proven he can put together great teams at Bama. Him having that same team at UK wouldn’t make it any more likely they win it all.
It takes more than on court performance to win a title is what I am saying..... it takes $$$. money that Bama did not and will not spend in basketball there fore they have 0% chance at a title ........ some team like houston or UCONN , Kansas etc will have the refs because they will pay the $$$$ and Bama wont. Bama needs that money because football is expensive AF.

Kentucky will spend that money if he can rally the boosters and support. but it will take barnhart making a pledge to put basketball first again

Well, I mean, he took over a program where players murdered each other and the program itself was left for dead. I'd say that eats into that timeline of getting to a national championship.

Okay and in 21 seasons, a murder 22 years ago has prevented them from getting past the 2nd round?

Even if we gave him a 5 year grace period to recover from the murder, that is still only 5 trips past the 2nd round in 16 seasons.

Reactions: cats#1again
Okay and in 21 seasons, a murder 22 years ago has prevented them from getting past the 2nd round?

Even if we gave him a 5 year grace period to recover from the murder, that is still only 5 trips past the 2nd round in 16 seasons.
TBF the Covid year the tourney got canceled they were for sure making the 2nd weekend. They may have won it

If they win it that year, those dudes probably all bolt and don't come back the following year, so it's really a wash.

Either way, his resume does not impress me in the slightest.
That was gonna be my next point, that Baylor team that won was one of the better college teams I have watched. I like Drew but he isn’t my number choice. I go back and forth on Oates a lot, sometimes I really like the idea of him then other times his style scares me off because of the boom or bust potential of it. Right now I lean Oates as the number one choice

Reactions: CBBCrazy
When was the last time someone was an insider on this message board and what they said came true?

It's been a long time and frankly in this day and age I feel like the rumors would be a lot louder and not coming from a new 2023 poster on Rupp Rafters.

I'll pass but hope your right.
No shit. People on this board act like it is real life and everyone is a middle school girl. Someone says "I heard" and then everyone debates whether the person really heard it. If you were an insider or had access to inside information, you are not on this board, where every thread, no matter the subject, turns into either a "I hate Cal and he should be fired" thread, or two people arguing back and forth about what each of them actually said ("show me where I said that"?)

Reactions: DraftCat
Well, in all fairness, BCG was fired for much more than just numbers.

Ask Jorts how he liked being locked in a shitter stall until he got "tough enough".

And the drinking and some rumors that he came to practice hungover and sometimes even drunk.

Not at all defending Cal or making a case for him to stay - just saying using numbers and citing BCG's firing isn't even apples to apples.

I heard he had to be practically carried out of Malone’s more than once.

• Haha
Reactions: DraftCat
Cal’s dropped two straight to Stackhouse. I’m predicting it will be 3 after Tuesday.
With the way Kentucky defends, we will get torched by those 2 guards they have. Kentucky still might be able to score enough to get a win, but it will be way tougher then it should be

I would love for Hurley to come here. I doubt it happens. Dude is winning titles and kicking ass in the Big East which makes the SEC look like a kindergarten.

Donovan ain’t coming. He’s shot us down twice. He’s somewhat ok in the NBA. He’s not coming.

Drew would probably come. Would also open up recruiting in Texas to counter UTs and Oklahomas influx into the SEC.

Oats would have to prove he’s not a PR nightmare
waiting to happen.

Pearl? Meh. Man has one FF. One.
Big east makes sec look like kindergarten? You think they are a better conference?
I look at the big east as a joke to be honest. Usually 3/4 good schools

Reactions: catben
With the way Kentucky defends, we will get torched by those 2 guards they have. Kentucky still might be able to score enough to get a win, but it will be way tougher then it should be
I said Saturday night, we could have lost everyone's focus and the whole season. It wasn't pretty

Billy was actually considered a bang up hire at the time, and would’ve been considered for the Kansas job had self gone to the NBA, which he was flirting with at that time. The Billy G hire wasn’t bad at all on paper, at least at that time. Sometimes, hires don’t work. Scott Frost was considered a slam dunk at Nebraska after big-time success at central Florida, and fell flat. The list goes on and on.
Clyde was a horrible hire. On paper he looked ok but holy hell did nobody vet his character or check references?

I don’t believe for one second Cal and Mitch met today. That isn’t Mitch’s style especially when dealing with Cal who he has a non relationship. Cal also isn’t being fired nor is his contract being bought out. I guess he could coach somewhere next year but who is a going to pay him near what he makes at UK. Your “source” is about as credible as Bigfoot.
Hey Bigfoot and I take offense to your last sentence lol🤪

Reactions: irishcat1965
Think we all know this is bullshit. Not how Mitch works unless there were some other major stuff going on.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
If you think John Calipari, the original “players coach “ would have had that kid sit out your delusional. He wasn’t arrested or charged with anything at the time .
Well first of all Cal would not have played Miller because he would be afraid he would get hurt. The kid you speak of brought the gun to the murder in his car. Oats and Boosters worked their magic with the Tuscaloosa PD and DA to have no charges brought so he could play because they thought Alabama had a chance for a NC with him. Second the gun was transported across Campus in his car which is another crime. I live in Alabama and Oats is a tool. If you think winning basketball games is more important than character then you need your priorities adjusted

Reactions: bigbluedon
Is this thread going to get my hopes up again like that Ortho guy's post last year that didn't come to pass?

That being said, it doesn't have to be either fire him or he quits. If he has any tiny bit of respect for our program, they can come to a mutual agreement.

Or possibly a younger, up and coming coach with some enthusiasm and fire from a smaller program?!?!?!?!?

Dusty May-Florida Atlantic
Bryce Drew-Grand Canyon
Danny Sprinkle-Utah State
Tony Skinn -George Mason

Is this thread going to get my hopes up again like that Ortho guy's post last year that didn't come to pass?

That being said, it doesn't have to be either fire him or he quits. If he has any tiny bit of respect for our program, they can come to a mutual agreement.
I feel sorry for anyone who’s thought process led them to get their hopes up based on an anonymous “scoop” by a new poster.

Last edited:
I can’t see him leaving. But if he were I think Nate Oats is clearly the guy to go after. But considering he’s winning the same conference we’re in every year anyway idk if he’d leave

Crazy talk right here.

Watched late part of nebr vs ill last night. i could envision uk getting bounced in the tournament by nebraska. they don’t have flashy 5* players but they’re solid.

Why do several of you here keep repeating this same line as if you know him personally and what he is thinking?
I think it's just the perception that if someone can have national success at a smaller, less intense program, why would he choose to accept the headaches that come with being Kentucky's coach. I agree you have to ask him but I'd guess his situation is pretty good.

Well first of all Cal would not have played Miller because he would be afraid he would get hurt. The kid you speak of brought the gun to the murder in his car. Oats and Boosters worked their magic with the Tuscaloosa PD and DA to have no charges brought so he could play because they thought Alabama had a chance for a NC with him. Second the gun was transported across Campus in his car which is another crime. I live in Alabama and Oats is a tool. If you think winning basketball games is more important than character then you need your priorities adjusted
The gun was already in the car and miller returned to pick up those he had dropped earlier. He didn’t go and pick up a gun and bring to the scene. There was zero evidence that miller knew anything was about to take place and you spewing that oats and boosters worked their magic is nothing more than BS. You don’t know the intricate details of anything that took place, just your “take” on things. And for the record, neither do I.

The gun was already in the car and miller returned to pick up those he had dropped earlier. He didn’t go and pick up a gun and bring to the scene. There was zero evidence that miller knew anything was about to take place and you spewing that oats and boosters worked their magic is nothing more than BS. You don’t know the intricate details of anything that took place, just your “take” on things. And for the record, neither do I.
You are buying what the DA put out there to keep him on the team. The only facts you have are what the Media was told. So bottom line my facts are as factual as yours. We suspended players for having one of those fake guns on campus. Do you have any idea he was sitting in the car facing the car of the person that got murdered. As soon as he saw his friend took out a gun any reasonable person would have got the hell out of there. And on top of that the murderer was a Bama basketball player.

If another school was interested in hiring him, say UMass, it's certainly possible a severance package could be agreed upon, where he could leave, save face, walk away with a shit ton of money and land a new gig to play the back nine on, where the expectations are nominal.

Problem with that is, who Brainfart has in mind to replace him here - my guess is a turd like Holtman. Plus Brainfart, the architect of this mess is still in place.

Both need to go!
Did Texas A&M’s fan base leave us a blueprint of how to veto a potential head coaching hire?

Reactions: entropy13
You are buying what the DA put out there to keep him on the team. The only facts you have are what the Media was told. So bottom line my facts are as factual as yours. We suspended players for having one of those fake guns on campus. Do you have any idea he was sitting in the car facing the car of the person that got murdered. As soon as he saw his friend took out a gun any reasonable person would have got the hell out of there. And on top of that the murderer was a Bama basketball player.
First of all how UK handles things VS how others handle is completely irrelevant. I’ve read the facts of the case and they are pretty clear. Also the person who was murdered was sitting in a car behind millers car, not in the front of it. You are assuming miller knew his friend pulled a gun out of the car. The “he had to know” theory isn’t proof he knew anything. I don’t know the real story or even pretend to know as you are.

Reactions: UK-chulo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT