ADVERTISEMENT

Chatter within

Another year, another “Cal is definitely gone after this season” thread. I didn’t believe the others and I don’t believe this one either. Mitch isn’t firing Cal, maybe there is a tiny possibility he decides to go somewhere else but saying it’s a 98% certainty is dumb as hell.
You never stop do you? Are you really Ellen? All this time I thought it was KL12345 or UKBBForever. Damn.

I posted a week ago about there was chatter about Cal being gone from UK next season, well a little update from my source today…..

Tensions are very high within the program, Mitch and Cal both have met today. Not sure what exactly was said, but it does seem like this is the end.

All I know is there is a 98% chance Cal is not at UK next season. Whether they buy him out, fire him, or he could go coach elsewhere.
The odds of someone really knowing this information posting it on this forum is very slim.

Reactions: yoshukai
Well now, that's quite a different spin, and straight from the horse's mouth. Cal wouldn't stay. But what he said about an insurance policy makes perfect sense. IF people wanted him around. Definitely not the case now. This is a full buy out kinda situation. No peaceful friendly deal. I don't believe Cal leaves a dime on the table. Cal is gonna make Kentucky pay. Every dime.

OP last week said his "source" on this was from Tik Tok and people are jumping on it like a pig on stink. LOL!

And there is ZERO chance Barnhart would meet with him in the middle of a 15-6 season, make him feel pressure and kill any chance at finishing strong.

Again, TIK TOK! LOL! 3 stooges stuff.
“Kill any chance of finishing strong”

Now that’s some funny stuff

Reactions: Skyguyb27
There is nothing Oats can’t do at Alabama that he’d need to be at UK to do. There isn’t something magical about UK that makes it easier to win in the tournament. He’d just be switching teams in a conference he’s already winning and would be going into a higher pressure environment with very little upside. Bama isn’t some small mid major.
Is that why every coach that has been at UK for longer than 2 years has won a championship? How many coaches have won a championship at Bama ? In basketball.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
OP got exactly what he wanted. He has everyone replying to this thread. When it doesn’t happen it will be the typical, “something changed last minute” excuse.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
He is a pitiful human being, we do need his kind at UK. My God he kept a player on his team that had involvement in a murder.
If you think John Calipari, the original “players coach “ would have had that kid sit out your delusional. He wasn’t arrested or charged with anything at the time .

Reactions: Eccain01
Will Wade…the one year turn around he had made at Mcneese State has been remarkable and if her were still at LSU he would still be killing Calapari. The guy can flat out coach and make some strong ass offers.
Dude can coach, no doubt. BUT: he's so easy to hate that I'd hate to see what kind of heat BBN would put on him if he were to start calipari-ing it in....

Reactions: yoshukai
Well now, that's quite a different spin, and straight from the horse's mouth. Cal wouldn't stay. But what he said about an insurance policy makes perfect sense. IF people wanted him around. Definitely not the case now. This is a full buy out kinda situation. No peaceful friendly deal. I don't believe Cal leaves a dime on the table. Cal is gonna make Kentucky pay. Every dime.
He probably should. An athletics director that stupid should be made to pay.

I think he got his second wind, and he couldn’t really stop recruiting if there was any chance he is returning.

I’ve thought for a while this would be his last year, but I honestly don’t know.

I’m ready for him to leave, because I’m tired of the drama. But I don’t hate the guy, and I love my team. So ideally he will put together one more good run before he hits the road.
Possible outcomes:
Optimum-deep run, hits road
2nd best-bounced early, hits road
3rd best-deep run, stays
Likely-bounced early, stays

Reactions: Aike and jrpross
First name I would call is Tubby.... Then BCG, then Homer Simpson.....
Those would be more likely to take it than Hurley....
Call Pear and tell him it's his, then pull the rug out from under him.... lol
Find a young and up coming coach and give him time to get thing's ironed out... Then tell him he has 3 more years to get to the EE or FF.... If he can do those he is a keeper...

GBB

You sure about that? May want to check again.
No I’m not sure , lol . But in my lifetime Rupp ,Hall, Pitino, Tubby, and Calipari have won championships . Sutton and Billy G didn’t. Billy G was here 2 years and Sutton wasn’t here very long . Not certain how many years but it wasn’t long . How many championships did Alabama win in that time ? Cause THAT is the point. Minor details mean nothing in this case ..

Dude can coach, no doubt. BUT: he's so easy to hate that I'd hate to see what kind of heat BBN would put on him if he were to start calipari-ing it in....
I agree he is very easy to hate. I literally couldn’t stand him at LSU. But kinda liked him at VCU. It would make us the evil empire for sure. Calipari apparently is easy to hate also, ie..refs, other coaches, the NCAA, most sports media. I just don’t think we need a guy that has been around for 15 years and already made their cash.

No Pearl, he is 63. No one in their 60's or certainly not in their 70's. I want someone you can expect for 10 years.
Others on your list are 50-58, Donovan at 58 is about the oldest I would go with. Not to mention there always seems to be potentially shady stuff around Pearl at every stop he's been at.
If Pearl were 55 or younger I'd love to see him here

OP last week said his "source" on this was from Tik Tok and people are jumping on it like a pig on stink. LOL!

And there is ZERO chance Barnhart would meet with him in the middle of a 15-6 season, make him feel pressure and kill any chance at finishing strong.

Again, TIK TOK! LOL! 3 stooges stuff.
Nor would he meet with him on a damned Sunday.

I call BS (again) on this LX and their "sources".

I mean, all he is saying is that he “is hearing” so he’s not guaranteeing anything. That gives him an “out” .
Well he just started another thread literally saying "The Calipari era is coming to an end".

This isn't hearing, and he's not giving himself an out in that thread. He's going all in on this "hearing" business by definitively saying it's ENDING.

First name I would call is Tubby.... Then BCG, then Homer Simpson.....
Those would be more likely to take it than Hurley....
Call Pear and tell him it's his, then pull the rug out from under him.... lol
Find a young and up coming coach and give him time to get thing's ironed out... Then tell him he has 3 more years to get to the EE or FF.... If he can do those he is a keeper...

GBB
This was the formula with Pitino and he was the best coach we’ve had. We are a spoiled fan base to think we need a previous national championship winner.

Reactions: TM2013
There is nothing Oats can’t do at Alabama that he’d need to be at UK to do. There isn’t something magical about UK that makes it easier to win in the tournament. He’d just be switching teams in a conference he’s already winning and would be going into a higher pressure environment with very little upside. Bama isn’t some small mid major.
Go check out some tournament games from 2012 and 2013. there were "brought to you by papa johns"

a few years ago there were UK/UL football games "brought to you by outback steakhouse"

are you picking up the nuggets im dropping down? Bama is not going to spend big money on basketball for that when they need it for football because it takes a hell of a lot more to get help in football.

Reactions: westerncat
Well he just started another thread literally saying "The Calipari era is coming to an end".

This isn't hearing, and he's not giving himself an out in that thread. He's going all in on this "hearing" business by definitively saying it's ENDING.
LOL , I’ll believe it when I see it . I’m not picking up what he is laying down, lol .

Reactions: TheDude73
This. x 1000. More to come
It was all but predictable someone would do this. Post bologna about Cal leaving right during a funk/skid by the team. Why wouldn't we have heard about this in November? December? Early January? Because it wouldn't have garnered so much attention.

Posting this bologna when fan sentiment is spiked against Cal is just the poster's attempt at attention (or is it a Rivals plant or opposing fan that likes to agitate??).

NOTE: I'm not defending Cal to stay. I'm simply saying this poster, who just joined in Nov 2023, is just yanking chains and has no insider who knows anything about the future of Calipari at Kentucky. Damn sure not in the middle of the season.

Reactions: NothinButNylon
First, Calipari & Barnhart are NOT being fired this year (based on any performance metrics). Barnhart is considered one of the best ADs in the country, by his peers. He has had multiple leadership positions in the NCAA. Highly respected.

Calipari HOF coach. NC coach. Winningest active coach. Bringing in top 1-2 classes. etc... we can all agree the last 3-4 years are not what we expect... but not enough to get him fired, not even close.

I cannot imagine Mitch and Calipari meeting today, unless their is some emergency issue with a player or something. Bosses and employee's don't do those things on a sunday (during the season), unless its an emergency. And we know the Calipari and Mitch do not grill out in the back yard together!!!

Calipari may "leave" after the season.. and UK will most likely pay him a "thank you" package whenever that is.

Reactions: jrpross
I'm not, either. I think it's bologna being spewed for attention at a time when fans are either flaming mad or on their way to flaming mad.
Yeah , I went back and looked at his posting history just like I always do before I call someone a troll or liar . And there wasn’t anything like this in it that I found. So I was giving him the benefit of doubt that “someone “ was feeding him bullshit. But when you start saying you “know “ or even acting like it’s definitely going to happen, well that’s not wise and takes it to another level.

First, Calipari & Barnhart are NOT being fired this year (based on any performance metrics). Barnhart is considered one of the best ADs in the country, by his peers. He has had multiple leadership positions in the NCAA. Highly respected.

Calipari HOF coach. NC coach. Winningest active coach. Bringing in top 1-2 classes. etc... we can all agree the last 3-4 years are not what we expect... but not enough to get him fired, not even close.

I cannot imagine Mitch and Calipari meeting today, unless their is some emergency issue with a player or something. Bosses and employee's don't do those things on a sunday (during the season), unless its an emergency. And we know the Calipari and Mitch do not grill out in the back yard together!!!

Calipari may "leave" after the season.. and UK will most likely pay him a "thank you" package whenever that is.
72-42 since the 2020 season.......... 1NCAAT win, 1 SECT win............ Tubby's last 2 years had triple that amount of SECT and NCAAT wins and a better win % and got pushed out............ Billy G's 2 years had a slightly lower win % but also 1 SECT win and 1 NCAAT win......and he got fired.

so wanna try and say its not bad enough to be pushed out or fired again?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT