ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure i understand just assuming Arkansas is a loss.

I dont really get that type of rationale???? They played great against us the first time...maybe there best game all year....not gonna happen again. We may very well lose that game, but I'm not conceding it by any means as many on here have.
They looked great mostly due to our matador defense although even when we actually defended well they hit some tough shots. If that isn’t cleaned up it will be more of the same and now they have their best player back. Maybe somehow getting their best player back after beating us soundly without him will work in our favor. We struggled against Florida after they lost theirs so maybe the opposite here. Who knows but just hoping for a competitive game. Vandy first though, have to win that game or all momentum is lost just like that,

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Oscar walks, but for 2/3 million he should come back. Also, hope Collins and Wallace come back. Love Collins and he should look at what Toppin has become.
As long as Wheeler moves on and not sure if another year helps Frederick. Too injury prone and you cannot put all that effort into him only to have him 30% of the games. He can shoot (not showing it but he can).

Collins just doesn't have that in him though. The way he moves, etc., totally different from Toppin.

He also can't handle the ball nearly as well as Toppin and I never see that changing.

I think Collins is just a better fit in the AAC or a lower-level.

Would rather us bring in a top-flight transfer to man the PF spot (assuming Toppin doesn't come back that is).

Wallace is definitely gone.

Livingston and Reeves are the major, major priority- have to bring them back at all costs.

Losing Toppin, Oscar, Wallace to the pros, Wheeler and Collins to transfer.

Go snag the best stretch-4 in the portal and let's rock and roll!!
Collins just needs to act like he cares when he enters games. When he takes the court, he often looks like he isn't really sure if he is supposed to be out there. I guess the best way to describe it is that he appears absent of any fight in him. It could be because he simply hasn't gotten over the loss of his father. I can appreciate that because it took me more than a few months to get of the loss of both of my parents.

As long as Wheeler moves on and not sure if another year helps Frederick. Too injury prone and you cannot put all that effort into him only to have him 30% of the games. He can shoot (not showing it but he can).
How about you moving on!

Also why are we playing Arkansas as the last game of the year ?

Florida has been our final regular season game since I can remember.
My guess is that CBS, the network that currently has the SEC football and basketball rights, arranged it with the SEC. Once NFL gets to playoffs or after the NFL season, CBS sports uses UK to attract eyes. Schedule is arranged so that UK is playing what is expected to be the best SEC teams that year during this time period. Two weeks ago it was UK/TN on CBS, yesterday it was UK/AUB on CBS and this week it is UK/Ark on CBS. FL use to be the best team to match against UK to attract viewers, now it is Ark.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Arkansas is good, not great, and yes, not much of a post game, but somehow, get to the paint and rim routinely on offensive sets with some very talented players, isolation plays, and high pick and rolls.

Kentucky could very well win the game, but to make the comment that Arkansas doesn't defend well is laughable. Devonte Davis is one of the very best defenders in the country, the team is quick, long, athletic and block a bunch of shots.

I guess you can only go by defensive rankings and analytics, but the Kenpom adjusted defensive ranking is 11th in the country, and I consider that pretty good.
You guys are playing great with Nick Smith back. Heck, smoked us without him at our place. Had Bama nearly beat at their place last game (up 9 I think at the half). I will always hope for the best but I'm also a realist and I know the odds aren't great for us in the rematch. We have won at your place in years past when I thought we had no business. So, just never know.

How about you moving on!
Nah, I think I will stay! You want to try to move me on we can meet up and discuss in person. Have no issues with you but you want to attack. Heck I do not play computer screen tough guy.

Collins just needs to act like he cares when he enters games. When he takes the court, he often looks like he isn't really sure if he is supposed to be out there. I guess the best way to describe it is that he appears absent of any fight in him. It could be because he simply hasn't gotten over the loss of his father. I can appreciate that because it took me more than a few months to get of the loss of both of my parents.
He plays like a somebody who knows he isn’t staying in for long and looks over his shoulder the whole time, common theme with cal

Reactions: LmdCat
I dont really get that type of rationale???? They played great against us the first time...maybe there best game all year....not gonna happen again. We may very well lose that game, but I'm not conceding it by any means as many on here have.
Agree, unless we return to subpar style of basketball again.

Arkansas 8-8 in SEC...not world beaters....and don't say they had two guys out..oh really...sound familiar to another team we follow??

Nick smith is healthy again and he just put up 26. It’s gonna be hard as heck to win that. I do believe we are playing better but I don’t think we matchup well with them. Oscar has to find a way to be effective in that game to have a shot, or Cal needs to play Collins a lot at the 5 to counter some of their style.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
It's a revenge game for a Kentucky team playing much better.
Take out a mortgage, as much as you can, and bet it all on Kentucky as soon as you can.
Trust me; I'm an accountant and this is sound financial advice.
I hope the balance sheet and the books are correct on this prediction!

Nah, I think I will stay! You want to try to move me on we can meet up and discuss in person. Have no issues with you but you want to attack. Heck I do not play computer screen tough guy.
You have to love these tough guys who always want to meet up somewhere. Some day people will realize just how stupid that is. There is nothing about a sports message board worth all that. There is a motherless child because a couple of fools decided it was a good idea to show their toughness. The last that I read about them they were crying while hearing their charges read to them. I am sure they would do just about anything for a do-over.

Im hoping this team is pissed off. They looked it on Saturday. Didn’t let up on them. Do that a copious more times and boy some interesting things might happen.
Not only hoping they are pissed off, but I hope they maintain their confidence. They were shooting like there was no doubt that they would make the basket. Reeves was setting up behind the 3-point line on fast break opportunities.

You have to love these tough guys who always want to meet up somewhere. Some day people will realize just how stupid that is. There is nothing about a sports message board worth all that. There is a motherless child because a couple of fools decided it was a good idea to show their toughness. The last that I read about them they were crying while hearing their charges read to them. I am sure they would do just about anything for a do-over.

You see. I a person that likes to discuss things face to face. Especially when someone wants to tell me to leave. I never said anything about being a tough guy (assumed by you). Not to say I am or not. You see to me it is more an issue with people on message boards just blurting out actual junk like just leave and such. I am part of a group that used to meet that had a Hindu, Agnostic, Atheist, Christian, Muslim and a few others that did not want to identify in any faith. Some of the best conversations i have had in my life. I am a deacon in a church. I have been known to be blunt and even tough in the distant past. Played football, boxed, wrestled and such. The days of proving myself are years past. I like most people and quite a few I have total different views on this world. The days of violence should be long gone but alas will never be gone. I would not back down from anyone but have never started a thing in my life. Big guys typically do not start things. We are the ones that try to discuss and resolve issues.

You see. I a person that likes to discuss things face to face. Especially when someone wants to tell me to leave. I never said anything about being a tough guy (assumed by you). Not to say I am or not. You see to me it is more an issue with people on message boards just blurting out actual junk like just leave and such. I am part of a group that used to meet that had a Hindu, Agnostic, Atheist, Christian, Muslim and a few others that did not want to identify in any faith. Some of the best conversations i have had in my life. I am a deacon in a church. I have been known to be blunt and even tough in the distant past. Played football, boxed, wrestled and such. The days of proving myself are years past. I like most people and quite a few I have total different views on this world. The days of violence should be long gone but alas will never be gone. I would not back down from anyone but have never started a thing in my life. Big guys typically do not start things. We are the ones that try to discuss and resolve issues.
A fighting deacon!! What will they think of next? Lol

I guess Kentucky should just forfeit the game to save their legs for the SEC tourney since they have no chance of winning. Lol
Do you think they win down there? They certainly a scenario where they do, but Arkansas is a bad matchup for Kentucky and they just added a top 5 scorer in college basketball, just doesn’t seem like A good thing for Kentucky

Do you think they win down there? They certainly a scenario where they do, but Arkansas is a bad matchup for Kentucky and they just added a top 5 scorer in college basketball, just doesn’t seem like A good thing for Kentucky
I think if they keep playing the way they have been of late they can beat any team in the country. The way they played on Saturday is the way they were expected to play all season. If they have waited until now to start doing it, they picked a very good time to do it. I would rather have the team going into the tourney on the rise than on the decline.

I think if they keep playing the way they have been of late they can beat any team in the country. The way they played on Saturday is the way they were expected to play all season. If they have waited until now to start doing it, they picked a very good time to do it. I would rather have the team going into the tourney on the rise than on the decline.
Agree, Kentucky is playing very good right now, just think Arkansas is a bad matchup for Kentucky

Reactions: Fox2monk
Bad matchup or not. Lace them up, play hard and smart and see who is happy at the end of the day. All you can do.

Calipari's record at Bud Walton isn't great (3-4). Calipari has lost 3 strait regardless of location including losing earlier this year. For reference, Arkansas has only won 2 road SEC games this year. They beat South Carolina by 2 points. And then smacked us around winning by 15. Combine that with Arkansas adding a healthy Nick Smith to their rotation, then it is easy to see why confidence is not high.

This team has seemed to pull it together recently and has played well in scenarios were they have been given "no shot." So hopefully they can figure out how to win at Arkansas.

They’ll smoke us. Their fans will be showing us their boobies when we’re trying to run our offense and shoot free throws. There’s not much to cheer about in the state of Arkansas they’ve been looking forward to this day like Christmas.
ec93f36cac77c6a939fa780b12551ea1.gif

Those teams has shot blockers, and nba players on them
This team has them too, but they simply haven't been developed. No other team in the country would have allowed the shot blocking and rebounding capability of UK has to waste away on the bench. There is no way I will ever be convinced that Kentucky couldn't have found at least 5 minutes a game for our two tallest players.

Last edited:
It's a revenge game for a Kentucky team playing much better.
Take out a mortgage, as much as you can, and bet it all on Kentucky as soon as you can.
Trust me; I'm an accountant and this is sound financial advice.
I hope somebody took my sound financial advice.

By the way, if you could have seen 4 things from the future and they were that Wallace would not play, Oscar played limited minutes because of foul trouble, Frederick would not make a field goal, and Livingston would not make a field goal...how much would you have bet on the hogs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT