ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure i understand just assuming Arkansas is a loss.

They’ll smoke us. Their fans will be showing us their boobies when we’re trying to run our offense and shoot free throws. There’s not much to cheer about in the state of Arkansas they’ve been looking forward to this day like Christmas.

I would have assumed the game to be a loss too if asked two weeks ago, but with the way this team has performed the last several games shorthanded, I don't doubt their ability to beat any team for the rest of the season. I am not saying that we will win, but I have seen enough to know that this team has enough talent to beat any college team in America. The outcome is totally based on the coach and the players remaining calm enough throughout games to execute their strategy for victory. This team is certainly not short on talent; it is all about how the talent is used.

Last edited:
They’ll smoke us. Their fans will be showing us their boobies when we’re trying to run our offense and shoot free throws. There’s not much to cheer about in the state of Arkansas they’ve been looking forward to this day like Christmas.
lol ark is no good. No real post game or defend well. Look at those losses they have. We better win.

vandy lost to LSU....they beat us on Oscar senior night then I will tip my hat...they probably got an Auburn type beating coming...Cal will have no mercy on MR. personality.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
It’s literally probably the worst place Kentucky could of got to end the season, a Arkansas team getting their best player back in that environment, and they probabaly need a win just to fell safe about their tournament chances, so Kentucky is going into a hornets nest Saturday and it just doesn’t fell like the chances are with Kentucky

Reactions: chroix
I don’t assume a loss entirely but I think Arkansas is a top 10-15 team at worst regardless of their resume. Black, Davis, Smith, Council is about as good of a 4 some as you’ll find in college basketball.

A week or two ago, it was almost Shirley a loss in my eyes. Great team, they smoked us at home, and we had some injuries mounting too. On top of all that, they were getting an elite player back.

Still don't think we win, but it's definitely more plausible now.

I think we beat Vandy, but ultimately lose to Arkansas in a much closer game, and this will be our last big test/hurdle before the tournament. I think the team will learn that despite the loss, we can beat anyone. I don't like using "moral victory", but that's kind of what it will be, and I'm totally fine with it

Reactions: chroix
It doesn't feel particularly encouraging going there with them getting Nick Smith Jr. back, as the final game of the season, and their NCAAT hopes on the line. It's always difficult winning there.

But I'm not going to throw in the towel without them playing the game.

NO WAY.

I say we go into the HOGPEN and roll around in the muck with them and come out of there all muddied up and disgusting, but feeling GREAT about winning in that kind of environment with the way this season has been.

It would be a reward for all BBN to hang tough at this point and to experience that kind of win.

Let's give it our best shot AFTER TCB against a dangerous Oscar night game against Candy.

Can't afford to slip up now. Let's keep the ball rolling and get greedy here on out.

Go Big Blue !

A week or two ago, it was almost Shirley a loss in my eyes. Great team, they smoked us at home, and we had some injuries mounting too. On top of all that, they were getting an elite player back.

Still don't think we win, but it's definitely more plausible now.

I think we beat Vandy, but ultimately lose to Arkansas in a much closer game, and this will be our last big test/hurdle before the tournament. I think the team will learn that despite the loss, we can beat anyone. I don't like using "moral victory", but that's kind of what it will be, and I'm totally fine with it
you can call me Jay, you can call me Ray, and you can call me ANYTHING but...

... SHIRLEY ! 😉

Worried about Vandy. Only Vandy matters at this point. Take care of business there and on from there. Hope we continue to play more efficient offense like we have since Cal shortened the rotation. Hope defense keeps getting better. Hope Rupp is crazy and our team is pumped. Senior day can be tricky. Lets go CATS!!!!!

Worried about Vandy. Only Vandy matters at this point. Take care of business there and on from there. Hope we continue to play more efficient offense like we have since Cal shortened the rotation. Hope defense keeps getting better. Hope Rupp is crazy and our team is pumped. Senior day can be tricky. Lets go CATS!!!!!
Oscar walks, but for 2/3 million he should come back. Also, hope Collins and Wallace come back. Love Collins and he should look at what Toppin has become.

Oscar walks, but for 2/3 million he should come back. Also, hope Collins and Wallace come back. Love Collins and he should look at what Toppin has become.

Collins just doesn't have that in him though. The way he moves, etc., totally different from Toppin.

He also can't handle the ball nearly as well as Toppin and I never see that changing.

I think Collins is just a better fit in the AAC or a lower-level.

Would rather us bring in a top-flight transfer to man the PF spot (assuming Toppin doesn't come back that is).

Wallace is definitely gone.

Livingston and Reeves are the major, major priority- have to bring them back at all costs.

Losing Toppin, Oscar, Wallace to the pros, Wheeler and Collins to transfer.

Go snag the best stretch-4 in the portal and let's rock and roll!!

He should love the way the fans love him. And it is one of a few cases where that love is deserved. I know he has a lot of family to help but with 2/3 million he should be set for life.

Reactions: rupp876
lol ark is no good. No real post game or defend well. Look at those losses they have. We better win.
Arkansas is good, not great, and yes, not much of a post game, but somehow, get to the paint and rim routinely on offensive sets with some very talented players, isolation plays, and high pick and rolls.

Kentucky could very well win the game, but to make the comment that Arkansas doesn't defend well is laughable. Devonte Davis is one of the very best defenders in the country, the team is quick, long, athletic and block a bunch of shots.

I guess you can only go by defensive rankings and analytics, but the Kenpom adjusted defensive ranking is 11th in the country, and I consider that pretty good.

Arkansas is good, not great, and yes, not much of a post game, but somehow, get to the paint and rim routinely on offensive sets with some very talented players, isolation plays, and high pick and rolls.

Kentucky could very well win the game, but to make the comment that Arkansas doesn't defend well is laughable. Devonte Davis is one of the very best defenders in the country, the team is quick, long, athletic and block a bunch of shots.

I guess you can only go by defensive rankings and analytics, but the Kenpom adjusted defensive ranking is 11th in the country, and I consider that pretty good.

Yeah his comment is off-base.

Arkansas is definitely a very good team all-around, with one of the best lineups from a talent perspective that you'll see.

Reactions: rupp876

If a team doesn't have a post game that team is no good. It's a big men's game.

Apologize for the goob. One ass beating without Nick Smith wasn’t enough, he’s gonna jinx UK and bring another, smh.

If a team doesn't have a post game that team is no good. It's a big men's game.
Yep, you're right, Alabama has very little post game and is terrible, and and our terrible post players somehow did pretty well in our first meeting.

I also see that you cleverly steered clear of the defensive statistics.

Yep, you're right, Alabama has very little post game and is terrible, and and our terrible post players somehow did pretty well in our first meeting.

I also see that you cleverly steered clear of the defensive statistics.

As a rival fan coming to this board, just some advice, don't engage with the literal 1 fan in this thread not respecting Arkansas.

Plenty of people in this thread are crediting Arkansas with the great team that you have.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I dont really get that type of rationale???? They played great against us the first time...maybe there best game all year....not gonna happen again. We may very well lose that game, but I'm not conceding it by any means as many on here have.
Keep in mind, like Tennessee did, the Hogs had 2 starters out. We can win, of course, but not without playing very well.

Arkansas is quicker than the Cats at every position. Bad matchup.

Without Nick Smith maybe there would have been a chance but I see no shot now for the Cats, especially if they beat Vandy.

Reactions: megablue
Yeah I don't feel great about it.

Tough road environment, it'll be rowdy, they'll be fired up, etc.

If we do come away with a W, it'll (IMO) be our most impressive win of the year.

Not the best "resume" win since that's @TN, but just the win I will be the most impressed with given the circumstances.
Just hope for a good whistle.

When you lost at home to a team by 15 it kind of makes you expect a loss on the road to the same team. I also expected to lose at Tennessee we were 11 point dogs but guess what we won.

Arkansas will be favored they are higher then us in NET and Kenpom and at home so if they are favored we are expected to lose.

We were expected to win at home we were favored and we lost.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
He should love the way the fans love him. And it is one of a few cases where that love is deserved. I know he has a lot of family to help but with 2/3 million he should be set for life.
You may well be right, but it's hard to believe Oscar could get 2/3 million to play about 35 games of basketball. Really wild stuff going on these days in collegiate sports !!

Reactions: jauk11
Apologize for the goob. One ass beating without Nick Smith wasn’t enough, he’s gonna jinx UK and bring another, smh.
I am defitely not going to proclaim a win, but Nick Smith Jr. changes the Arkansas Team significantly for the better.

I also think Arkansas has real chance to win at Knoxville this week, and could possibly be an extremely dangerous 8-10 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: SaltyCat22
Arkansas is quicker than the Cats at every position. Bad matchup.

Without Nick Smith maybe there would have been a chance but I see no shot now for the Cats, especially if they beat Vandy.
Quickness is our biggest nemesis. I agree !!

Also why are we playing Arkansas as the last game of the year ?

Florida has been our final regular season game since I can remember.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT