ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't understand just how much it crushed U of L fans losing to us this year

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
I got together with an old friend of mine who lives in Louisville the other day and is a huge L fan.
He said they all knew they would win this year. First of all because they think Brohm is Bear Bryant reincarnated.
They had a great record and we did not
It showed the ACC is a weak conference.
It knocked them out of a much better bowl game.
It was the fifth straight loss to us
It gave KY bragging rights for another year.
He said it put all of his Louisville friends in a serious funk.
May it continue.

With the quarterback commitment UK, just got from the Georgia transfer quarterback plus what we’ve got coming back our winning way over U of Smell should continue next year as well. When will Louisville learn that playing that weak ass ACC schedule does not get them prepared to play big boy SEC football!

Def hurt 'em, or it hurt for reality to happen, they all deep down knew they weren't a 10-1 top 10 team. For Kentucky to be the ones to pull back the curtains....ouch

Still, beating Lamar 2 weeks before he hoisted the Heisman hurt them way way worst

KI8rCERK4tOv.jpg

With the quarterback commitment UK, just got from the Georgia transfer quarterback plus what we’ve got coming back our winning way over U of Smell should continue next year as well. When will Louisville learn that playing that weak ass ACC schedule does not get them prepared to play big boy SEC football!
3 of my UL friends unfriended me on Facebook after my We Win Again post. One guy even sent me a private message and said He didn’t care they lost and he is unfriending me. He ended with. ….See you at the Orange Bowl while you’re in the toilet bowl. lol. That aged well.

It definitely crushed them. They went into the game 10-1 with a huge head. It was a very satisfying win as a UK fan.

I’ve meet some UL fans who seem to hate UK more than they actually like UL.

I will laugh so hard if they end up losing to USC. They went from saying we’re a dark horse playoff team, to well we’re in the Orange Bowl, to now we’re in the uhhhh..Holiday Bowl lol

Their number one rationalization after the game was that they would be in a bowl
with a national spotlight and we would be in some obscure bowl. Ha ha

That and the yearly “well we’ll win the next 30 times”.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I will just say in my opinion losing to an in-State rival should always sting if it doesn’t then are you are more of a bandwagon fan than a true fan. For me the FSU game hurt way worse because of what was in the line and how we played in that game. Don’t get me wrong the UK game still stung in the grand scheme of things but the FSU game hurt worse.

I will just say in my opinion losing to an in-State rival should always sting if it doesn’t then are you are more of a bandwagon fan than a true fan. For me the FSU game hurt way worse because of what was in the line and how we played in that game. Don’t get me wrong the UK game still stung in the grand scheme of things but the FSU game hurt worse.
You survived longer than you should have. Louisville was behind late 3rd and 4th quarter almost every week and found a way to pull it out against bad teams. Just a small step up in competition and you were gonna lose. That’s exactly what UK was this year. We were about to fall apart after we collapsed in a BRUTAL schedule streak of 4 top ranked teams. We still rallyed. To beat you. State… even on the 3rd string QB was better too. Time to admit you
I was bound to happen. Louisville was behind going to the 4th quarter how many times again terrible teams and squeezed it out. A small step up in competition was all it was gonna take to lose. We were falling apart after a BRUTAL stretch of ranked opponents but beat you. State beat you with a 3rd string ZERO at QB. Time to admit all you did this year is beat some really bad teams. Every team with a pulse has beaten you.

UL claimed to be the better team with the better coach and was playing at home.

We know they were playing at home. So, at least one of the other propositions must have been false.

Then, they lose to a team playing without a QB on a neutral field. Syracuse was the only team on FSU’s schedule to score less than UL against FSU. The 3-8 North Alabama team more than doubled UL’s scoring against FSU. I think UL and Syracuse were the only two teams on FSU’s schedule not to amass at least 200 yards of offense.

If Brohm is Bear, the UL players may be trash.

It all comes down to respecting and knowing your opponent, beyond W-L #s. We'd all like them to feel inferior and bow down to us, but it doesn't even require that, just acknowledge that UK is a worthy and formidable opponent for a team of their caliber, regardless of W-L because of the gap between the ACC and the SEC. Maybe if you did that it wouldn't be so crushing for ya. But I guess that's not how fandom works....even for all of us lol. I will say that I try not to take MSU, USC, UF, and Vandy wins for granted, no matter how much our program has changed.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I got together with an old friend of mine who lives in Louisville the other day and is a huge L fan.
He said they all knew they would win this year. First of all because they think Brohm is Bear Bryant reincarnated.
May it continue.
When I think of UofL I am reminded of a song. To quote the great poet Gayle, "abcde F you and your mom and your sister and your job and your broke ass car and that shit you call art. F you and your friends that I'll never see again, everybody but your dog, you can all F off."

But I have been told that I have anger issues. Maybe they're right. :)

May it continue.
Well at least they’ve got basketball to fall back on……

May it continue.
Awesome. We live for their misery. But if it took them this long to see that the SEC>>>> than the ACC they have learning issues. Save Clemson in recent history and a Healthy FSU this year we probably would've won as many or more games than anyone in the ACC if we were in it. They would be a 5 win team if we traded schedules.
On the flip we have had 10 wins twice in recent history in the SEC, probably should've won 9 this year we're overall the much better program as evidenced by keeping the trophy for half a decade.

It's like a small 1a like Pineville somehow getting told they now have to play in 6A it wouldn't be pretty.

Last edited:
Just get on twitter. It’s a cesspool. They’re overcompensating so hard after they picked up a 7th year injury prone transfer from Texas Tech, and we picked up Vandergriff. They’re doing everything they can to trash anything and everything UK football related. Calling him a 3rd string QB, talking about how great the Holiday Bowl is. The QB news this week combined with the loss just really broke them, and their insecurity is just turning into anger and grasping at straws at this point. I guess they’re going through the stages of grief, I have no idea

I think they see the writing on the wall that the beatdowns are only going to continue and it’s frustrating them to no end

Reactions: The-Hack
The QB news this week combined with the loss just really broke them,
I think the final dagger was Stoops’ return.

In threads discussing him, he is “fat and stoopid,” but they acknowledge the “Stoops Curse” over their program.

They had a celebratory thread for his leaving . . . just a few hours after the game, only to be cut down, again.

What I love most: their strange dichotomy of importance: (1) Satterfield (and now others) did not take the rivalry seriously enough; and (2) it is UK’s Super Bowl . . . in that we take the series, seriously.

Such a pity.

I’ll give them this. I had called this game UK’s Super Bore for half-a decade, but that was a great game.

You want the wildest stat from this series? We lead them 8-5 at their Stadium. They have lost 4 in-a-row at home.

Last edited:
The University of Louisville has not defeated the University of Kentucky in their own home stadium since 2014. Mark Stoops 2nd season. Mark Stoops is 4-1 in Papa John's/Cardinal/Chico's Bail Bonds Stadium, 4 game winning streak.

Lol.

I think we are “in that head,” meaning that little redbird cranium.

Here is the first post on the other site acknowledging the Rugby defeat in the championship game.

• mgcard
    Posted on 12 hrs, , User Since 97 months ago, User Post Count: 22323
    • 12 hrs
    • 97 months
    Forget it. SOB. This little brother $hit is getting old.

The University of Louisville has not defeated the University of Kentucky in their own home stadium since 2014. Mark Stoops 2nd season. Mark Stoops is 4-1 in Papa John's/Cardinal/Chico's Bail Bonds Stadium, 4 game winning streak.
If I recall correctly, the 1 loss was just a dropped INT into the breadbasket of a UK safety from yet another win.

I read the "I don't care, Brohm is better than Stoops and we'll start dominating again" comments.

While I question whether UK will be able to improve its fortunes in the SEC under Stoops, the one thing that works to our advantage is - as UK has to put together a team that competes in the SEC, that team will more often than not beat UL

Last edited:
I read the "I don't care, Brohm is better than Stoops and we'll start dominating again" comments.

While I question whether UK will be able to improve ifs fortunes in the SEC under Stoops, the one thing that works to our advantage is - as UK has to put together a team that competes in the SEC, that team will more often than not beat UL
The only time Louisville has had any success against Kentucky is when we do not have our house in order.

Reactions: cathouse
When I think of UofL I am reminded of a song. To quote the great poet Gayle, "abcde F you and your mom and your sister and your job and your broke ass car and that shit you call art. F you and your friends that I'll never see again, everybody but your dog, you can all F off."

But I have been told that I have anger issues. Maybe they're right. :)
I found your post to be really funny. I am still laughing😜😜😜

May it continue.
Have to think that did go down as one of those kick in the gut losses. Not only was it 6 in a row but at a time when they thought they were getting back some national respect, then . . . . ouch.

Please. UK was very fortunate to win the game. Uofl pretty much beat themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT