ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't understand just how much it crushed U of L fans losing to us this year

ul has an even TO ratio but that just means they got as many as they gave on the year. They still turned the ball over against inferior defenses all year. 12 int's and I'm seeing 10 fumbles.

edit... espn says ul had 20 fumbles and lost 7... 20 fumbles is putting the ball on the ground a lot.

Last edited:
Turnovers by players who normally did not commit them (Jordan had never committed one in his three years), out-gained UK, no holding called on the kickoff return (blatant)…yes, UK was fortunate.
I thought that was a good tackle on the return. Referees`s can call holding on every play in football. They usually wont call it if, the player stays inside the shoulder pads and doesn`t result in a negative play for the opposing team. Brown is one of, if not the fastest player in college football, I dont think that player would have tackled him. Once Brown got loose, he was running away from the other players.

Reactions: JHB4UK
I think the final dagger was Stoops’ return.

In threads discussing him, he is “fat and stoopid,” but they acknowledge the “Stoops Curse” over their program.

They had a celebratory thread for his leaving . . . just a few hours after the game, only to be cut down, again.

What I love most: their strange dichotomy of importance: (1) Satterfield (and now others) did not take the rivalry seriously enough; and (2) it is UK’s Super Bowl . . . in that we take the series, seriously.

Such a pity.

I’ll give them this. I had called this game UK’s Super Bore for half-a decade, but that was a great game.

You want the wildest stat from this series? We lead them 8-5 at their Stadium. They have lost 4 in-a-row at home.
That was their same exact excuse for Cal handing them L's every year. Said it was our super bowl and that Pitino didn't get his team up to play UK and only UK. I love how they constantly told us our banners would be taken down only to become the first program to ever have a national title taken away and their 2012 final four banner came down as well. To this day, and still by an enormous margin, they had the biggest meltdown ever seen on a message board after we knocked them out in the Sweet Sixteen in 2014. Pitino was undefeated in the S16 at 11-0 before that loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT