ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't understand just how much it crushed U of L fans losing to us this year

Please. UK was very fortunate to win the game. Uofl pretty much beat themselves.
I'll take good fortune, in combination with a bad, overrated opponent what pretty much beats itself, all day. It took us from to a crap bowl to the Gator Bowl, and U6 from the Orange Bowl to an equivalent of the Gator Bowl. Football scores have consequences.

And here's the other thing, John, if Louisville doesn't beat USC, this dream season may end up with final poll rankings with the ranking of "others receiving votes". What a far cry from playoff delusions before the UK game (for the record, there was a ZERO playoff chance, anyway).

Turnovers by players who normally did not commit them (Jordan had never committed one in his three years), out-gained UK, no holding called on the kickoff return (blatant)…yes, UK was fortunate.
It was all a mirage. Kentucky didn't do anything at all. Louisville just dominated the game lol. You also ignore the fact that Leary handed you all that last touchdown with that INT.

You all came in with more confidence and we were down mentally. You all had your record crowd. You had 4 straight years of losing with a chip on your shoulder. You had the supposed "better coach" that understood the rivalry. Your team couldn't handle it on the big stage. Once Kentucky gained the confidence late in the game...then we pretty well dominated. Your defense couldn't stop our QB who had been average all year.

Your coach did not have your team ready to play. Our coach did. And in the end...talent, coaching, and a tougher schedule won out. We weren't even that good this year...

UL beat themselves? Oh, I thought they lost because UK scored 38 points. Go figure.
This is great…. I can just use his rationale for Clemson. They didn’t beat us. Hey BBN… they didn’t beat US. We gave it away!!! Wait…. That makes me feel worse. Now I see why U6 fans are all miserable haters.

This is great…. I can just use his rationale for Clemson. They didn’t beat us. Hey BBN… they didn’t beat US. We gave it away!!! Wait…. That makes me feel worse. Now I see why U6 fans are all miserable haters.
They are a powerhouse that was taken seriously by the playoff committee this year!

They are probably the top pick for the SEC/Big Ten to expand because the nation is watching Louisville football!

It was all a mirage. Kentucky didn't do anything at all. Louisville just dominated the game lol. You also ignore the fact that Leary handed you all that last touchdown with that INT.

You all came in with more confidence and we were down mentally. You all had your record crowd. You had 4 straight years of losing with a chip on your shoulder. You had the supposed "better coach" that understood the rivalry. Your team couldn't handle it on the big stage. Once Kentucky gained the confidence late in the game...then we pretty well dominated. Your defense couldn't stop our QB who had been average all year.

Your coach did not have your team ready to play. Our coach did. And in the end...talent, coaching, and a tougher schedule won out. We weren't even that good this year...
Dead on....

1. Leary had one solid game all year (TN) and he throws up those stats vs. UL. If not for his stupid Int in 4th....they likely don't that easy of a score
2. UL fumbles were costly and turned the momentum to UK....this is about all I could argue was bad luck for UL/good fortune for UK
3. This game....usually boils down to the trenches. UK was just a bit stronger/bigger (especially Deonne).

But for a bottom UK team in Stoops era once he got his kids into the program to come into UL and win....just speaks volumes to how problematic this is for UL. If Leary wasn't a 'meh' portal QB....UK would have had a tons better year. If the UGA QB hits and/or Bolley and Saunders as the HS kids, then that would give a massive bump to UK chances to keep winning this game.

Reactions: Fox2monk and JDHoss
Dead on....

1. Leary had one solid game all year (TN) and he throws up those stats vs. UL. If not for his stupid Int in 4th....they likely don't that easy of a score
2. UL fumbles were costly and turned the momentum to UK....this is about all I could argue was bad luck for UL/good fortune for UK
3. This game....usually boils down to the trenches. UK was just a bit stronger/bigger (especially Deonne).

But for a bottom UK team in Stoops era once he got his kids into the program to come into UL and win....just speaks volumes to how problematic this is for UL. If Leary wasn't a 'meh' portal QB....UK would have had a tons better year. If the UGA QB hits and/or Bolley and Saunders as the HS kids, then that would give a massive bump to UK chances to keep winning this game.
And they're killing it in the portal....because they're offering spots to replace everyone on their team.

Losing a QB, 2,000 yards of rushing, top 3 of 4 wideouts, 3 starting OL players, several secondary players....but yeah a bunch of transfers will plug in and play...top 10 again! Gillotte on defense is a great player on their team and I won't doubt it...but they think this portal class puts them right up there with the best teams in the country.

Last year they didn't play many QBs with a pulse and it showed...

Reactions: Fox2monk and JDHoss
They are a powerhouse that was taken seriously by the playoff committee this year!

They are probably the top pick for the SEC/Big Ten to expand because the nation is watching Louisville football!
The NCAA is watching them too. They can’t wait to hammer them again for strippers and abortions.

Reactions: hmt5000
The NCAA is watching them too. They can’t wait to hammer them again for strippers and abortions.
Their first time ever getting their stadium sold out at 60k was against us this year....but yeah....the SEC is begging for Louisville football to join lol

And they're killing it in the portal....because they're offering spots to replace everyone on their team.

Losing a QB, 2,000 yards of rushing, top 3 of 4 wideouts, 3 starting OL players, several secondary players....but yeah a bunch of transfers will plug in and play...top 10 again! Gillotte on defense is a great player on their team and I won't doubt it...but they think this portal class puts them right up there with the best teams in the country.

I thought Plummer was coming back. Did they lose the California kid who’s dad set up a collective or something??

If they really unfriendl you over the game, they never really was your friends. True story.
Game back at UK next year, UL #1 portal signing (they had to sign 20 players with that weak roater), UK with a unproven QB and RB, it could be a good game. Rivalry games don't often do not end the way they are suppose to. Hope the Cats don't come in too over confident, Broom can coach, not gonna try to pretend he can't. More pressure on the Cats but I think they get the W. Being honest I am scared of the unproven, yes he came from Georgia, but he wasn't good enough to take the starting job. Same for the RB. I just hope they are as advertised, if they are , it won't be close. The young qb will have lots of weapons to throw to in the WR and RE department, don't make it to complicated.

I thought Plummer was coming back. Did they lose the California kid who’s dad set up a collective or something??
Plummer graduated. They got some QB from Texas Tech that's never played more than like 4 games a year. The Cali kid is still there I think.

Sure...they are 4th best portal class accordign to On3 (UK is 15th for comparison)
But the devil is in the details
- They have 3 - 4 star kids....UK has 4 - 4 star kids according to this ranking. (So are they just getting quantity vs. quality kids from portal)
- Oline ...So they got a kid from Ga Southern, Northern Illinois, Houston, Texas Tech, Yale and Ohio St. So those mostly aren't big time programs....would I expect that kind of group to be a good Oline?
- Skill spots....they did a high rated RB and WR (from Bama) a high rated TE from San Diego St
- But the rest are mainly kids from Houston, Eastern Illinois, FIU, Tuskeege, South Alabama, UCF....a few from North Carolina, Miami, Florida, Texas Am, Florida....

But this portal thing....you need precise hits but trying to build a team generally and not getting bigtime kids from major schools....not sure how that is going to work out for UL.

Plummer graduated. They got some QB from Texas Tech that's never played more than like 4 games a year. The Cali kid is still there I think.
T though he was supposed to be some can’t miss prospect who’s dad worked for Rebook?? So as a sophomore or RS freshman he isn’t ready to play in the ACC??

Sure...they are 4th best portal class accordign to On3 (UK is 15th for comparison)
But the devil is in the details
- They have 3 - 4 star kids....UK has 4 - 4 star kids according to this ranking. (So are they just getting quantity vs. quality kids from portal)
- Oline ...So they got a kid from Ga Southern, Northern Illinois, Houston, Texas Tech, Yale and Ohio St. So those mostly aren't big time programs....would I expect that kind of group to be a good Oline?
- Skill spots....they did a high rated RB and WR (from Bama) a high rated TE from San Diego St
- But the rest are mainly kids from Houston, Eastern Illinois, FIU, Tuskeege, South Alabama, UCF....a few from North Carolina, Miami, Florida, Texas Am, Florida....

But this portal thing....you need precise hits but trying to build a team generally and not getting bigtime kids from major schools....not sure how that is going to work out for UL.
And it's risky...Brohm has a complicated playbook we've been told....a QB who hasn't played for him and an entirely new group of wideouts/running-backs going with him. Add in 3 new OL...losing Bryan Hudson at Center is huge for them. A bunch of those G5/FCS guys haven't played high level competition consistently. All while trying to figure out chemistry with their teammates and staff. Football is a very had sport to just throw a bunch of guys together like that...

Like look at our guys...
The entire OL was here last year. Our top 2 wideouts and tight-ends were all here last year. We're bringing in a new QB and RB, but they've both been at big programs and will be playing with a team with several returning guys that can help guide them along. The defense pretty much returns everyone...adding a 1st team All-American to replace our linebacker we lost. Our guys have chemistry and experience against SEC competition. They aren't the best group in the country...but generally returning talent is the best indicator of improvement in the next season.

We didn't need to improve many spots....they needed to rebuild their whole team.
-We needed a QB and we got one
-We needed a RB1 and we got one
-We needed WR depth and we added 3 guys
-We needed to replace Trevin Wallace and we added a 1st team AA
-Replacing Phillips is really the only thing we haven't done...

Reactions: K_TIME
And it's risky...Brohm has a complicated playbook we've been told....a QB who hasn't played for him and an entirely new group of wideouts/running-backs going with him. Add in 3 new OL...losing Bryan Hudson at Center is huge for them. A bunch of those G5/FCS guys haven't played high level competition consistently. All while trying to figure out chemistry with their teammates and staff. Football is a very had sport to just throw a bunch of guys together like that...

Like look at our guys...
The entire OL was here last year. Our top 2 wideouts and tight-ends were all here last year. We're bringing in a new QB and RB, but they've both been at big programs and will be playing with a team with several returning guys that can help guide them along. The defense pretty much returns everyone...adding a 1st team All-American to replace our linebacker we lost. Our guys have chemistry and experience against SEC competition. They aren't the best group in the country...but generally returning talent is the best indicator of improvement in the next season.

We didn't need to improve many spots....they needed to rebuild their whole team.
-We needed a QB and we got one
-We needed a RB1 and we got one
-We needed WR depth and we added 3 guys
-We needed to replace Trevin Wallace and we added a 1st team AA
-Replacing Phillips is really the only thing we haven't done...
Good analysis. You and I think alike. I’m not a big portal guy. Others in our fan base seem to be loving what Brohm is doing and want us to follow. I said it in another thread and I’ll say it again. Anyone who follows Louisvilles lead should be shot!! In anything. They are the perfect model of what NOT TO DO in my book. If you want a BB team that has imploded under NCAA sanctions, continuous scandals, financial mismanagement and gutter ethics have at it. I’ll follow CMS and his moral compass.

Good analysis. You and I think alike. I’m not a big portal guy. Others in our fan base seem to be loving what Brohm is doing and want us to follow. I said it in another thread and I’ll say it again. Anyone who follows Louisvilles lead should be shot!! In anything. They are the perfect model of what NOT TO DO in my book. If you want a BB team that has imploded under NCAA sanctions, continuous scandals, financial mismanagement and gutter ethics have at it. I’ll follow CMS and his moral compass.
The portal should be filling out a roster rather than building...

Now if the 1-time rule was in effect...I could see a place where you could recruit transfers knowing they can't leave again...but that's done. But you have to establish some sort of culture.

Last year? Louisville did have transfers but it wasn't a full on rebuild...
-Plummer had played and started for Brohm...perfect guy to have on day 1
-Their top 3 RBs were all from Satterfield...Jordan was a Satt guy.
-I think most of their OL other than 1 guy was a transfer...including Hudson who was ALL-ACC. Satt left a good room
-Their DL was mostly Satt guys, Gillotte was a Satt guy. Added Herron to bolster it.
-Linebackers were Satt guys
-Added some secondary pieces and returning Satt guys.

So they did add a lot of new guys...but their strengths were Satt guys. The OL/Running attack...and their pass rush on the DL....strengths of the team.Their weak areas? New QB. New Wideouts. Secondary changes. They were off at times with those guys.

Last year they killed it by adding to their weak areas...and playing a weak schedule and catching lucky breaks against Georgia Tech, Indiana, NC State, Miami, and UVA. They should've been more like a 7-5 ACC team if anything...but lucky breaks and scheduling. Not to mention playing Duke after their QB is hurt and they're beat down too.

But color me skeptical when I don't think a team can replace a 3,000 yard passer, 2 RBs that combined for 2,000 yards, 3 of their top 4 wideouts, 3 starting OL, and a lot of their secondary....with transfers who've never played together before. Not saying their QB play won't improve...but sometimes new doesn't mean better.

I mean even with us...Leary coming in should've been great on paper...but he didn't have chemistry with our WRs, OL, and OC...didn't get the system. And wasn't healthy either. Didn't have the same voice and comfort level he had at NC State. It wasn't a plug and play.

Reactions: JDHoss
We did give it away

With the portal teams are going to fill spots other than high school recruiting. When had 18 leave through the portal and like 3-4 go to the draft. So why not fill those spots with experienced players since most freshman are not ready their first year. Louisville now has 24 commits from the portal after we got 2 from Tennessee in the last couple of hours and one of those was committed to Ole Miss. Sure not all of those are probably depth pieces. We are not a traditional power that can pull in the 5 star kids out of the high school ranks. So we have to go and see what we can get out of the portal.

Turnovers by players who normally did not commit them (Jordan had never committed one in his three years), out-gained UK, no holding called on the kickoff return (blatant)…yes, UK was fortunate.
Just when you think idiocy levels cannot be more pathetic online. Along comes a ul fan to always lower the bar. Never change little brother , never change.

With the portal teams are going to fill spots other than high school recruiting. When had 18 leave through the portal and like 3-4 go to the draft. So why not fill those spots with experienced players since most freshman are not ready their first year. Louisville now has 24 commits from the portal after we got 2 from Tennessee in the last couple of hours and one of those was committed to Ole Miss. Sure not all of those are probably depth pieces. We are not a traditional power that can pull in the 5 star kids out of the high school ranks. So we have to go and see what we can get out of the portal.
It will work as well as it did for teams which lived and died by JUCO. Or, as well as a Ponzi scheme. Of course UK uses the portal, too, but it's to fill holes, not to build a team.

I will just say in my opinion losing to an in-State rival should always sting if it doesn’t then are you are more of a bandwagon fan than a true fan. For me the FSU game hurt way worse because of what was in the line and how we played in that game. Don’t get me wrong the UK game still stung in the grand scheme of things but the FSU game hurt worse.
Understood. I know the UK game stung. I mean, at HOME on SENIOR DAY, on NATIONAL TV with everything to play for and solidify at least a NY6 bowl against a reeling UK team and you lose. That's tough, but to go into the ACC title game, again on NATIONAL TV against a sputtering Free Shoes U™ team that's starting a student manager at QB and lose in a game that the score really didn't reflect how badly Free Shoes U™ beat them had to be even tougher. One question though. How did losing in the Holiday Bowl by 2 TD to a depleted USC team with one of the worst defenses in the P5 compare to the UK and Free Shoes U™ losses...or the 17 point loss to a 3-9 Pitt(sburgh) team for that matter?

Seriously though, I think we can all admit that University Six was way closer to the team that escaped with narrow wins over GT, UVA, IUsedtobegoodinbasketball, NC St, Miami (FL) and losses to Pitt(sburgh), UK, Free Shoes U™ and USC than they were the team that beat Notre Dame.

NO it's simple so you won't understand.

7's was a fraud and got exposed, you couldn't even beat a 4th string QB with FSU who had ZERO passing game. Then USC beats your ass without their best QB....FRAUDVILLE

Reactions: JDHoss and JHB4UK
You players normally didn't turn it over because they played against soft ACC opponents. Playing and being hit by SEC defense is not normal for your players.
This x100.
Fortunate ??? 😂🤣😂 Five in a row in no way equates fortunate
I should realize when talking to a ul fan they do not understand football outside Jefferson Co
We are always one of the top two or three teams on your schedule every year. You don’t even rank in our top seven ninety percent of the time and never in the top four. You have had the luxury of getting prepared for UK all season almost every year. Your own coaches have admitted that. We have to go through 6 or 7 LEGITIMATE top 20 teams then finish with you after that gauntlet.
Case in point - a top 20 NC State team is not even in the same stratosphere as say a top 20 Tennessee. Our seasons are not the same and never will be.

Holding is subjective on every play. But when you are bigger and stronger holding is less egregious.

You think we don’t have players make mistakes against Georgia and Alabama that they do not make against Central Michigan and Louisville???
Good grief , watch some ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT