ADVERTISEMENT

Really Worried About Taking A Loss In UL Game And This Is Why.

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
First of all, U Of L is not as bad as what some people on our board might believe. They played a top 25 Texas team to the wire before Losing by just several points.
UL also took a very good Indiana team to the wire the next game before losing in the last several minutes. This is the same IU team that just lost to Kansas by five points over the weekend..
Quite simply UK will be UL’s Super Bowl game and then some. I am very concerned about coming off the big North Carolina game that we could come in overlooking what I think will be the most hungry of teams that we will have faced in quite sometimes. If UL plays their A game and we come in flat which is very possible after our big win again Carolina, then UK could very easily lose this game.

What say you fellow UK fans?

I have this very weird feeling.. that I could see Cal giving his buddy Kenny Payne a win. I don't think he would do it, but if there was any coach to basically say "I don't care about a December win, and I'd rather help a friend".. it would be him lol.

I have this very weird feeling.. that I could see Cal giving his buddy Kenny Payne a win. I don't think he would do it, but if there was any coach to basically say "I don't care about a December win, and I'd rather help a friend".. it would be him lol.

Don’t forget the “stick it to the bennies” element.

With all this said, though, there’s an easy solution: bet UL moneyline. The odds will be astronomical so you won’t have to bet much to get a great return should UL pull a shocker. And if the Cats take care of business, then it’s money well spent.

I think UK wins comfortably, but it is a rivalry game and records get thrown out in them.

I’d hope the players/staff learned their lesson from beating Miami and laying a turd the next game vs UNCW.

I think we will be fine. Have you seen UL play ? They are really bad team and I know they will be ready to play us but we will win. If Cal lets this team get beat by UL then he should be run out of town.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wasn’t Morg on here saying this same stuff last year? Some of you are so delusional and flat out ignorant to actually type this stuff out it’s ridiculous.

I don’t think Cal would intentionally throw the game for Kenny, but I’m also quite sure as long as his boys balled out but we still lost he would be okay with that.

MAN yall either drink too much, or your in a dream world. the only thing will be by how much. does cal cut them loose and say play it out, or pull back on the reins to reel them in from embarassing Kenny Payne.

Many Uavel fans are conflicted about this game. Of course, they would love to beat UK. OTOH, they want KP gone so bad that they don't want anything to prolong his stay, even it means taking another arse-whoopin' at our hands.

Reactions: awf and Fox2monk
I went to their game against bellarmine and yes they are that bad. Perhaps both Texas and IU took them too lightly but in way should this game be competitive. Recall they beat New Mexico State by 2 points, a team we beat by 40. While not always an indicator in this case it is. Cal needs to throw friendships aside and mop the floor with their ass. Once we are up by 35 points he can pull the reins back a bit and coast to a W. Also don’t forget crowd will be about 70% blue. 60/40 at absolute worst case.

First of all, U Of L is not as bad as what some people on our board might believe. They played a top 25 Texas team to the wire before Losing by just several points.
UL also took a very good Indiana team to the wire the next game before losing in the last several minutes. This is the same IU team that just lost to Kansas by five points over the weekend..
Quite simply UK will be UL’s Super Bowl game and then some. I am very concerned about coming off the big North Carolina game that we could come in overlooking what I think will be the most hungry of teams that we will have faced in quite sometimes. If UL plays their A game and we come in flat which is very possible after our big win again Carolina, then UK could very easily lose this game.

This is exactly my concern, esp. with a young team. That is the same thing that happened after the big Miami win. Hopefully the coaches will have them motivated for the UL game, and now we know they can win without having a great shooting game.

Reactions: KFuqua
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

tenor.gif

I think you can rest easy tonight.

Reactions: University-6
Don’t forget the “stick it to the bennies” element.

With all this said, though, there’s an easy solution: bet UL moneyline. The odds will be astronomical so you won’t have to bet much to get a great return should UL pull a shocker. And if the Cats take care of business, then it’s money well spent.

I could see a little bit of that too haha.

Luckily it’s not at Rupp where teams morph into sharpshooters.

underrated comment

You know what, I'm starting to believe we play better on neutral or road environments, when we get our shoot arounds in the same damn gym that we're going to play in a few hours later.

I'm not sure we beat UNC if this was at Rupp, and THAT I actually do believe. We don't play particularly well at home, certainly not in the way Duke and Kansas play at home.

Can't say I am not nervous. I hate that the talking heads are talking so much trash. Just wait until the game is over to do it.

Don't know if it is my heart or brain that is nervous though. I said in another post I think we either blow their blocks off or it comes down to the wire. I don't see a 10-15 at win. It will either be a nail biter or a blow out, JMHO.

You know what, I'm starting to believe we play better on neutral or road environments, when we get our shoot arounds in the same damn gym that we're going to play in a few hours later.

I'm not sure we beat UNC if this was at Rupp, and THAT I actually do believe. We don't play particularly well at home, certainly not in the way Duke and Kansas play at home.

For this season that's definitely something to pay attention to as we get to conference where we are actually playing on the road. Last year I think you are absolutely correct. Maybe Ill go over to basketball-reference and see if I can see the home/road shooting splits from last season(if its for last season sure itll be broken down for previous seasons as well over there). I don't think we've had a true road game yet. Several neutral, but none so far on the road. At least until this Thursday.

* I guess neutral sites could work, but the sample size is just so small so I didnt mention it at first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT