ADVERTISEMENT

Really Worried About Taking A Loss In UL Game And This Is Why.

They're silent when there's a loss. I don't remember any of these species coming around when we lost to UNCW. But if we win two games in a row they appear as part of Cal's Brigade, calling anyone who doesn't worship him a "juvenile hater" or calling any criticism "old".

To add balance, the anti Cal brigade was virtually silent after Miami and UNC wins but showed up in force after UNCW almost as if they were waiting with baited breath for the Cats to lose so they could logon to CatPaw and spout the same stuff they’ve said after every loss for the last 6 years.

It’s almost as if a certain segment of the fanbase disappears after losses while another segment disappears after wins. Agendas come in many forms. I find the pumpers naive and the whiners redundant.

Reactions: NociHTTP
To add balance, the anti Cal brigade was virtually silent after Miami and UNC wins but showed up in force after UNCW almost as if they were waiting with baited breath for the Cats to lose so they could logon to CatPaw and spout the same stuff they’ve said after every loss for the last 6 years.

It’s almost as if a certain segment of the fanbase disappears after losses while another segment disappears after wins. Agendas come in many forms. I find the pumpers naive and the whiners redundant.
I don't think we were silent. I was in the game threads. There will always be more posting after losses because it's the only place to let off steam, and to try to understand how the loss occurred and what needs to change going forward. No news is good news kind of thing. Considering the amount of talent that's come through here under Calipari, almost all losses fall on him.

First of all, U Of L is not as bad as what some people on our board might believe. They played a top 25 Texas team to the wire before Losing by just several points.
UL also took a very good Indiana team to the wire the next game before losing in the last several minutes. This is the same IU team that just lost to Kansas by five points over the weekend..
Quite simply UK will be UL’s Super Bowl game and then some. I am very concerned about coming off the big North Carolina game that we could come in overlooking what I think will be the most hungry of teams that we will have faced in quite sometimes. If UL plays their A game and we come in flat which is very possible after our big win again Carolina, then UK could very easily lose this game.

What say you fellow UK fans?
Louisville plays good against man to man D. They struggle against zone

National Rankings for various stat categories:

ORBPG:
Lousiville #39
UK #211

DRBPG
UK #26
Louisville #95

Rebounding Edge: Louisville
Louisville #67 avg
UK #118 avg

Offensive Efficiency
UK #10
Louisville #185

FT ATTPG
Louisville #23
UK #210

FT MPG
Louisville #18
UK #181

BBPG
UK #27
Louisville #175

STEALSPG
UK #23
Louisville #273

DEFEFF
UK #76
Louisville #160

OPPSHOOTPCT
UK #119
Louisville #214

POSSPG
UK #16
Louisville #104

Those are some of the stats I was interested in, so based off those:

UK: overall defense, controlling possessions

Louisville: rebounding, getting to the line and knocking down free throws

Given the talent disparity, most people likely assume UL's best chance would be hitting a bunch of threes, but check out these stats:

Louisville shoots 29.4% from 3 as a team for the season. That's 306th out of 362 total teams.
Only 30.4% of Louisville's field goal attempts are from 3. That's 320th.
Louisville only scores 21.6% of its points from 3. That's 336th.

They may play well, but given our pace and the way we score, Louisville will likely have a hard time just keeping up.

Last edited:
I have this very weird feeling.. that I could see Cal giving his buddy Kenny Payne a win. I don't think he would do it, but if there was any coach to basically say "I don't care about a December win, and I'd rather help a friend".. it would be him lol.
22 people like this. Complete clown show.

Reactions: Fox2monk
First of all, U Of L is not as bad as what some people on our board might believe. They played a top 25 Texas team to the wire before Losing by just several points.
UL also took a very good Indiana team to the wire the next game before losing in the last several minutes. This is the same IU team that just lost to Kansas by five points over the weekend..
Quite simply UK will be UL’s Super Bowl game and then some. I am very concerned about coming off the big North Carolina game that we could come in overlooking what I think will be the most hungry of teams that we will have faced in quite sometimes. If UL plays their A game and we come in flat which is very possible after our big win again Carolina, then UK could very easily lose this game.

What say you fellow UK fans?
Got to be kidding, U6 doesn't have a prayer chance in Hadies of winning this game this year. Anyone not a U of L fan that thinks U6 will beat UK is on drugs or has no Basketball knowledge at all.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I have this very weird feeling.. that I could see Cal giving his buddy Kenny Payne a win. I don't think he would do it, but if there was any coach to basically say "I don't care about a December win, and I'd rather help a friend".. it would be him lol.
No way, the only thing Cal did was call off the dogs to not beat him by 40+.

Anyone who has watched any UofL games the past 2 years and was worried about this game, I just don’t know what to tell them. We are so much better there was no way to lose this game. I was more confident in this win than any other on the schedule almost. Cal owns UfoL and that won’t change.

Wasn’t Morg on here saying this same stuff last year? Some of you are so delusional and flat out ignorant to actually type this stuff out it’s ridiculous.
Cal is a lot of things but intentionally losing a game isn’t one of them. Especially not to UofL I don’t care if Brad was the coach.

Oh stop, I defend Cal plenty on here and you know that.

God it's like no one here can think Cal is so-so.. it either has to be you love him or you loathe him.
Not at all but to think he would give his buddy a free win is goofy, what about last years game said he would do that? We have the team to do something. Cal isn’t dumb, he knows he needs a good showing this year and losing to this UofL team isn’t the way to do that.

No one on here thinks Calipari is the greatest coach in UK history. He's clear 3 behind Rupp and Pitino. He may drop below Hall as well if he stays long enough.
I think he’s tied with Rick, he beat the hell out of him here so that counts for something. If he gets another title is a no brainer. We can always say what if, but Pitino was also dumb enough to leave so we never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT