ADVERTISEMENT

Really Worried About Taking A Loss In UL Game And This Is Why.

Some of their players cannot guard some of our players. If the fouls are called fair, just a huge discretion in pure talent IMO. Of course you always have that X factor of the refs controlling the game.

Reactions: westerncat
I think it will be a close game, Ky should win by alot but this is the ville super bowl, the ville should have beat Texas earlier in the year, if Ky has a bad game look out.

Reactions: dl51344 and KFuqua
First of all, U Of L is not as bad as what some people on our board might believe. They played a top 25 Texas team to the wire before Losing by just several points.
UL also took a very good Indiana team to the wire the next game before losing in the last several minutes. This is the same IU team that just lost to Kansas by five points over the weekend..
Quite simply UK will be UL’s Super Bowl game and then some. I am very concerned about coming off the big North Carolina game that we could come in overlooking what I think will be the most hungry of teams that we will have faced in quite sometimes. If UL plays their A game and we come in flat which is very possible after our big win again Carolina, then UK could very easily lose this game.

What say you fellow UK fans?
They are terrible, just because they had moments of competitiveness means squat. If we go out and play to our capabilities they can’t beat us. If we get up 10-15 early they will quit.

Reactions: ukfan041
Wasn’t Morg on here saying this same stuff last year? Some of you are so delusional and flat out ignorant to actually type this stuff out it’s ridiculous.
It’s certainly a possibility and it’s most likely a very small possibility. All the same, it seems to be a weakness in your character needing to call people both delusional and flat out ignorant for being probably wrong.

Op isn't wrong.
If UNCW can beat us, so can Louisville.
Never underestimate a desperate animal fighting for its life.
Especially in a rivalry game.
And esp in their cage; although I think there will be about 10,000 UK fans there.
The Big Blue Mist gets in.
I think UL fans will scalp their tix to Big Blue.
It could be a de facto home game for UK.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
You know what, I'm starting to believe we play better on neutral or road environments, when we get our shoot arounds in the same damn gym that we're going to play in a few hours later.

I'm not sure we beat UNC if this was at Rupp, and THAT I actually do believe. We don't play particularly well at home, certainly not in the way Duke and Kansas play at home.
Agree with this almost completely...except Miami. :)

First of all, U Of L is not as bad as what some people on our board might believe. They played a top 25 Texas team to the wire before Losing by just several points.
UL also took a very good Indiana team to the wire the next game before losing in the last several minutes. This is the same IU team that just lost to Kansas by five points over the weekend..
Quite simply UK will be UL’s Super Bowl game and then some. I am very concerned about coming off the big North Carolina game that we could come in overlooking what I think will be the most hungry of teams that we will have faced in quite sometimes. If UL plays their A game and we come in flat which is very possible after our big win again Carolina, then UK could very easily lose this game.

I say , Lmao @ probably the most ridiculous post of the year. I would be more worried if we were playing Fredrick Douglas .

Last edited:
Op isn't wrong.
If UNCW can beat us, so can Louisville.
Never underestimate a desperate animal fighting for its life.
Especially in a rivalry game.
Question: we're not even in conference play. There's no chance Kenny keeps his job. Louisville won 4 games last year and likely won't get to 10 this season. In what world is this Louisville team a desperate animal fighting for its life? Their fans and I think the players see the writing on the wall, even at the end of December. It's cute to paint Louisville as some plucky team who can beat anyone, but come on...

We're likely not beating them 114-51 but any UK fan nervous about Thursday or pulling the "well, let's hold on...they can beat us." card needs to just relax and enjoy this week. We don't get too many opportunities where one side is down to the point that they wish they could cancel the game or ignore that it's happening.

I have this very weird feeling.. that I could see Cal giving his buddy Kenny Payne a win. I don't think he would do it, but if there was any coach to basically say "I don't care about a December win, and I'd rather help a friend".. it would be him lol.
You have lost your mind. Can they beat us? Yeah. But you’re talking about some boogeyman shit.

I hate having to defend cal all the time. But it’s only against absurd crap. No he will not throw the damn game because Kenny is his friend

Holy hell.

Idk why anyone is worried about this the Cal and Kenny dynamic. Which two players decide how this team goes? Reed Shephard and DJ Wagner. Who on this team realizes the importance of this game the most? Reed Shephard and DJ Wagner. Hammer the cats they will come out ready to play and are the better team.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
Nope. Cal knows we’d all call for his head on a pitchfork if he lost to UL. He’ll have em hyped. I foresee a thorough ass-whoopin’.

Reactions: NociHTTP
NOTHING is impossible but UL beating UK this year is about as close to impossible that you can get. Some of the comments in this thread are mind boggling.

Louisville, while they have a couple of good players, is horrible. For all of you Cal haters, they are coached tons worse. We should beat them by 50. If Kenny isn't fired before then, Cal will try not to embarrass Kenny and we win by 15-20. If Kenny is fired before the game, we will win by 50. They play zero defense. Their defense is worse than ours, and you almost have to try to play defense worse than we do. I'm guessing the line is going to be 20+ and we cover.

UL is a rivalry game. Don't see the comparison to UNCW at all.

I agree UL will battle and play one of their better games against UK. It won't matter though.
The comparison stems from both being trap games. Following a big win, will UK have the right mindset. While UL is traditionally a rivalry game, they aren't a good team nationally and our guys could let it get to their heads.

Question: we're not even in conference play. There's no chance Kenny keeps his job. Louisville won 4 games last year and likely won't get to 10 this season. In what world is this Louisville team a desperate animal fighting for its life? Their fans and I think the players see the writing on the wall, even at the end of December. It's cute to paint Louisville as some plucky team who can beat anyone, but come on...

We're likely not beating them 114-51 but any UK fan nervous about Thursday or pulling the "well, let's hold on...they can beat us." card needs to just relax and enjoy this week. We don't get too many opportunities where one side is down to the point that they wish they could cancel the game or ignore that it's happening.
The cornered animal analogy/ Kenny Payne fighting to keep his job is the motivational seed that they will attempt to instill in their players for this game. Their fanbase wants him gone and everyone else can see the writing on the wall there. But that doesn't mean the players have conceded the fight. Do I think we will win and possibly by a large margin? Yes. But I have also been watching Calipari eff up a gold truck a lot lately. UNCW, Kansas ST, Saint Peters. etc. We have no bearing on the game, but I certainly hope our players aren't assuming a cakewalk. Louisville is down, but this is a rivalry game and Louisville will give their all. This could make or break their season. This will be their Superbowl. And that's why I'm of the opinion that this COULD be dangerous game for us, and the OP's worry isn't that misplaced.

UK will tear Louisville a new a$$hole.
Pretty sure we all thought UK would do that to UNCW ... in Rupp. If UK does indeed put the beatdown on UofL, then that will be better than just the win but maybe some evidence that the team is maturing somewhat. This team could be very good, but it all starts with playing together. Selfishness got us beat against UNCW.

Oh stop, I defend Cal plenty on here and you know that.

God it's like no one here can think Cal is so-so.. it either has to be you love him or you loathe him.
Yes, but the continuous harping about, " how poorly Cal is performing" is old......

Reactions: Seakat311

Worry about health care cost or inflation and enjoy you have a tv to even watch a basketball game. And maybe you don’t already know, UK is everyone’s Super Bowl.

Reactions: Seakat311
I’m not worried about losing to UofL, I’m believing we’ll win. Out of curiosity I would like to know Cal’s record against his former coaching staff-turned-head-coach elsewhere. Anyone here have the stats?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Well here’s a big advantage for us. Apparently UL is dead last among high majors in % of open 3’s allowed. We should absolutely light them up.

Arkansas is 2nd to last.

South Carolina and Vandy are 3rd and 4th though. That South Carolina game is looking tougher and tougher.

Yes, but the continuous harping about, " how poorly Cal is performing" is old......

No it's not. We've sucked for 3 or 4 years. Get over it. When he was good, and everyone was slobbering over him, did you tell them it was old? No, you didn't.

Reactions: KFuqua and NociHTTP
I was referring to Cal's admission that he told Shep to foul the ballhandler at the end of the game and Shep ignored him. So take a deep breath and smooth out the wrinkles in your panties.
Wrong. Shep didn’t ignore him. They through the ball away on the first pass. Reed was supposed to foul when the ball got across half court but it barely did before their guard threw the ball into his teammates back

No it's not. We've sucked for 3 or 4 years. Get over it. When he was good, and everyone was slobbering over him, did you tell them it was old? No, you didn't.
They're silent when there's a loss. I don't remember any of these species coming around when we lost to UNCW. But if we win two games in a row they appear as part of Cal's Brigade, calling anyone who doesn't worship him a "juvenile hater" or calling any criticism "old".

Reactions: Mike-D
UK is in a different league. Our recent performances, especially against North Carolina, demonstrate superior skill and team synergy. we will handle this with ease

You don't know dick about me.........you don't have a clue what I have done.......I have a life outside of UK basketball.......do you Mickey D........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT