ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

I have enjoyed the SRX series. It's like the old IROC days but I think the racing has been better.
I agree, like the IROC Series with veteran drivers race against each other. It's fun to see some of the recent retired drivers still racing in the SRX and race the short track venues that NASCAR isn't at. Hope they can add 1 or 2 more races to the schedule to come.

The SRX series is great wish they would add a couple more races to the schedule though. Not crazy about them changing it to Thursdays at 9pm, I mean what is ESPN going to air on Fri/Sat nights anyway in the dead of summer.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be shocked if Truex joins them. Felt like so many of the drivers used to race 30 years and don't have to anymore. 10 years ago you still had drivers racing at least part-time from Terry Labonte, Mark Martin, Bill Eliott, Ken Schrader and since then drivers steadily phasing out in their 40s like Gordon, Stewart, Jr, etc and even Carl Edwards in his late 30s.

Harvick the last full-time driver from the Winston Cup Series era left. I know Johnson is a part-time driver-owner at this point but still can't help to think if he were to win the 500, clinch Petty GMS 1st playoff berth about a scenario of him running for a championship.

Last edited:
Harvick the last full-time driver from the Winston Cup Series era left. I know Johnson is a part-time driver-owner at this point but still can't help to think if he were to win the 500, clinch Petty GMS 1st playoff about a scenario of him running from a championship.
Yeah if he were to secure a spot in the playoffs with the Daytona race he would have to consider it for sure.

Reactions: M4CAT
Screenshot-2023-01-12-at-15-42-00-26-Carvana-Racing-@CarvanaRacing-_-Twitter.png

Reactions: funKYcat75
This feels like it’s gonna be a crazy season. Plenty of storylines going in. Jimmie Johnson return, Ty Gibbs and Noah Gragson will battle for ROTY, Busch with RCR, and Larson and Elliott will battle for the Hendrick alpha spot.

I have been saying the same things since this stupid format began. NASCAR is trying to be like other professional sports by having playoffs and eliminations but there are too many elements involved. You can have wrecks and mechanical issues in that final race which cost the best team from the season to lose the title and it's out of their control. In NASCAR's minds the elimination races cause drama and bring in viewers but honestly I couldn't care less about that but would like for a team who has consistently been in the top 3-4 cars all season win the title not just a team who won at the right times during the chase.

Welcome to the official opening week of NASCAR. I wasn't a fan of racing at the Colliseum but hey at least the engines are starting. There are lots of new stories with Kyle switching teams, Jimmie back to a part time schedule, Harvick's final season and whatever else may arise throughout the year.

Kyle Busch arrested in Mexico last month and Mexico is saying “will serve 3.5 yr prison term.” I just bought his tee shirt earlier.

Kyle Busch arrested in Mexico last month and Mexico is saying “will serve 3.5 yr prison term.” I just bought his tee shirt earlier.
3.5 years prison time and only a $1,100 fine seems odd. One seems a lot more severe of a punishment than the other obviously. Kyle is probably right when he said the matter is closed with the Mexican authorities for the right amount of $$$ to make things go away all of a sudden.

Maybe Biden can work out a deal to send Suarez to Mexico for Kyle Busch. 😂

I do find it funny that some of the same people who were badgering the government on social media to help free Brittney Griner for breaking the law in Russia is now calling for Busch to go serve his time for breaking the law in Mexico. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe Biden can work out a deal to send Suarez to Mexico for Kyle Busch. 😂

I do find it funny that some of the same people who were badgering the government on social media to help free Brittney Griner for breaking the law in Russia is now calling for Busch to go serve his time for breaking the law in Mexico. 🤷‍♂️
Having a vape cartidge is pretty different than having a handgun, but I see your point. Also, most people who know who Kyle Busch is don't like him at all.

3.5 years prison time and only a $1,100 fine seems odd. One seems a lot more severe of a punishment than the other obviously. Kyle is probably right when he said the matter is closed with the Mexican authorities for the right amount of $$$ to make things go away all of a sudden.

Who is your pick to win the Daytona 500? My top 3 choices would be Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano and Ryan Blaney with my dark horse being Austin Dillon. If I had to take 1 it would be Hamlin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT