ADVERTISEMENT

Corvette CO8 Question

TXCatFBFan

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
Does anyone here have a CO8? I’ll be picking mine up this weekend and just wanted to get folks feedback on theirs.

ron burgundy GIF

I actually like the directon in design they've taken. Purists poo poo it, but whatever. I think they look sharp as hell, and the fact that they're cheaper than any high end pickup is both ridiculous AND awesome... I'd consider one, but justifying it to my wife would be, well... DIFFICULT.

I had a 2008 coup 5 speed, 428 fuel injected with the removable top. It was an awesome experience to drive and turned a lot of heads. I eventually sold it because I have back pain and it was uncomfortable getting in and out not to mention removing the top. I can only imagine how much they have improved the Vette over the years.

Enjoy your ride;

images

I actually like the directon in design they've taken. Purists poo poo it, but whatever. I think they look sharp as hell, and the fact that they're cheaper than any high end pickup is both ridiculous AND awesome... I'd consider one, but justifying it to my wife would be, well... DIFFICULT.
I agree. I’ve never been a Corvette guy myself, but I like the new design as well.

From the front, side and 3/4 front views especially, I think it’s a really good looking car. Maybe the only small criticism I’d have is that there are some aspects that look a little bit derivative of Ferrari’s coupes (front view) and the Aventador (side intake). But if you’re going to draw styling inspiration from other cars, those are two good choices. Overall, I really like what GM has done.

Enjoy your new car OP. Hope you can enjoy stretching its legs without getting too many speeding tickets.

For any of you Corvette fans that may be interested, he’s a good video that Jason Cammisa made about the C4 Corvette ZR-1.

My favorite fact from that video: the engineers designed the front end so that it had a minimal frontal cross-section, which meant it returned less energy from radar.

In other words, the C4 was specifically designed to be less visible to police radar guns.

I love it whenever a car company gets out of the way and lets the engineers indulge in their love of cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: HymanKaplan
The National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green raffles off brand new ones continuously.

$100-250/ticket. 1500-2000 total tickets sold per raffle.

Kinda fun and sold online. We only think about it during the holidays.

Five raffles running right now.

Sadly, we haven’t won one yet.

my neighbor is a corvette guy. I dont fit, and Im only 6'2" i dont know how folks over 6 feet drive them...i mean its possible, but not comfortable.

Not at all not gloating. Worked hard my whole life and finally got to a place where a can buy one without financing my soul. Never had such an expense car and wanted to get other folks opinion on theirs (if they had one).

Last edited:
Reactions: Get Bucket$
Not all not gloating. Worked hard my whole life and finally got to a place where a can buy one without financing my soul. Never had such an expense car and wanted to get other folks opinion on theirs (if they had one).
Congrats! That’s a sharp car.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT