ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

Larson already coming out against it in the future. Rear-ending someone could have been bad.

Drivers will be told to watch for it by their spotters now. Just move up a bit and they'll either back off or they'll push you ahead of them. It's not like it's going to happen on any other lap than the last one, and I can't imagine it would work on most tracks anyway.
It wouldn’t work at basically any other track because running up high is a legit strategy and anyone in front could be just enough in the way.

Incredible moment, but I think they’ll probably have to make a rule against it (or move Martinsville off a cut-off date) because you’ll have anybody with nothing to lose trying it every cutoff race there.

It wouldn’t work at basically any other track because running up high is a legit strategy and anyone in front could be just enough in the way.

Incredible moment, but I think they’ll probably have to make a rule against it (or move Martinsville off a cut-off date) because you’ll have anybody with nothing to lose trying it every cutoff race there.
Soon as car hits the wall throw the caution.

I have been watching the Race for the Championship and it has been really good. I was surprised they just completely skimmed over the Bubba Wallace incident on this weeks episode. They completely missed an opportunity there but I guess they didn't want to make him look worse than what he had already made himself look.

Ty Gibbs not racing today because of family emergency. Lots of drivers starting to tweet their prayers to the Gibbs family.

Main rumor I’ve Seen is Coy Gibbs, Ty’s father passed away. If so, very sad no matter what you think of the kid.

But, nothing confirmed at the moment. Daniel Hemric rumored to be the replacement driver.

Feel awful for Ty to have to go through this at age 20. Regardless of personal feelings, even for Joe losing both Coy and JD in 2019. At least Coy got to see his son finish the job with the Xfinity Championship. Ty will grow up and mature on the track as time comes. Something like this may even make it faster.

Last edited:
I guess Tony Stewart won out since Preece is moving up to the 41 car and Cole Custer is going down to the X-Finity series. I wonder if it's just until Harvick retires and then Custer moves to the 4?

I can't say that would disappoint me in the least to get rid of stages, stage points and even the cutoff races. I think Brian France must have came up with it while stoned out of his mind one night. I listened to the Dale Jr podcast from last week where Brian was the guest and he is still an arrogant little twit despite his fall from grace.

I'd prefer heats over stages/no stages. I know it won't happen because someone with a big sponsor could possibly not make the finals, but it sure would be more exciting, IMO.

If any of you guys listen to the Dale Jr podcast let me know what you think about the one with Scott Bloomquist and if not you should take a listen. That dude is out there. 👽😂😂

My favorite Dale JR Download was the compilation of cheating stories they did. DW's stories are hilarious.

I agree that one was great and I also liked the one where they recapped all the drivers he's had one who talked about the beef they had with other drivers.

I agree that one was great and I also liked the one where they recapped all the drivers he's had one who talked about the beef they had with other drivers.
Definitely, every time one of the drivers that Jr or Dale Sr had a rift with makes for a great show when they come on. I like how they joke about bringing other drivers in to squash their beef like the Lajoie/Buckshot Jones going at each other in their episodes.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
Definitely, every time one of the drivers that Jr or Dale Sr had a rift with makes for a great show when they come on. I like how they joke about bringing other drivers in to squash their beef like the Lajoie/Buckshot Jones going at each other in their episodes.
I never knew the Burton brothers had a beef until I heard it on his podcast. Racing is serious for some of those dudes. 🤣

I get why they have it in Phoenix. They are basically guaranteed no rain.

The championship should rotate tracks like all other sports do venues. It’d be nice to see it at Charlotte, Bristol, Daytona, Richmond, etc
Like the idea of rotating the venues. Can't ever see a road course or superspeedway getting more than a cutoff race. A neutral track is the best idea for a winner take all race in which the champion is decided in the last race.

Like the idea of rotating the venues. Can't ever see a road course or superspeedway getting more than a cutoff race. A neutral track is the best idea for a winner take all race in which the champion is decided in the last race.
And you're not going to see the final race at those tracks. Would be crazy to suggest NASCAR to determine a champion on a wildcard track like a restrictor plate race and road course racing is ugly as hell right now with all of these rovals on the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT