ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

NASCAR seemed to have made their mind up last Sunday before an investigation that Briscoe's spot in the playoffs was not going to change. It's like putting the cart before the horse, makes you wonder why even bother if you aren't going to do what NASCAR did several years ago to MWR when they had team communications from Ty Norris for Bowyer to spin out, Brian Vickers to pit late in the race at Richmond to help Truex make the 2013 Chase and wound up putting Ryan Newman in, Truex out. More inconsistency out of NASCAR's rulings.
I think NASCAR is secretly ran by the NCAA. There are too many similarities in the way they inconsistently issue penalties.

So he gets 1 race for wrecking Larson at 150+ MPH, walking from his car to Larsons on the track (a violation of the NASCAR policy), trying to fight Larson and pushing a NASCAR official but Matt Kenseth got suspended for 2 races and put on 6 months probation for just wrecking Logano at Martinsville going into turn 1 running maybe 75 MPH? Well that sure doesn't seem to be equal treatment at all.

So he gets 1 race for wrecking Larson at 150+ MPH, walking from his car to Larsons on the track (a violation of the NASCAR policy), trying to fight Larson and pushing a NASCAR official but Matt Kenseth got suspended for 2 races and put on 6 months probation for just wrecking Logano at Martinsville going into turn 1 running maybe 75 MPH? Well that sure doesn't seem to be equal treatment at all.
When has NASCAR ever been consistent with their penalties?

People were screaming for a suspension. NASCAR suspended him, and now it’s not enough. I guess you can’t please everyone.

I was happy to see him get suspended and hopefully NASCAR uses this as an opportunity to start being more consistent with their penalties.

Considering all that he did anything less than a suspension would have been a joke but to suspend Kenseth for 2 races and put him on probation for a lesser offense is a joke even by NASCAR standards.

Considering all that he did anything less than a suspension would have been a joke but to suspend Kenseth for 2 races and put him on probation for a lesser offense is a joke even by NASCAR standards.
As much as I didn’t like the shoving after the wreck (only for the fact that this car’s safety is in question and he could have had a concussion from the wreck), I don’t think NASCAR should be adding to penalties for fights outside the car.

Maybe he should have gotten a two race suspension for the right hook. I was just happy to see NASCAR suspend him and draw a line in the sand. Now I hope they keep that like drawn.

Noah should have been suspended at road America and Ben Rhodes should have been suspended at Texas a couples years back(right hooked a guy just as bad as what Bubba did). Rhodes wasn’t served any type of penalty.

I was glad to see Martin somewhat take responsibility for his blunder on pit road. Joe Gibbs seemed livid but there was no way he was going to make it into his pit. He was 1 pit stall away and still in the outside lane when he decided to turn. I think with the dirty windshield and sun in his eyes he just didn't see it in time but he at least said he was "partially" to blame but in reality it was all him.

Well that was cool as hell.

I think nascar will have to come out with a rule against that. If not, next time back here every car will be doing that on the last lap last turn.

I mean zero disrespect, but the way he comes out of nowhere reminds me of the videos of 9/11 when everyone is watching the first tower and the second plane comes in. Seems completely unreal.

How the hell did he do that? Then to pull out of it and pass Hamlin right at the line.
I wish we could hear the in car communication. Did he discuss it with the crew chief or just say “ f*ck it”.

Here's one from his onboard camera that I saw earlier.

That one is my favorite. Everyone else was downshifting and braking. He may be the only car on the track to ever grab 5th gear all race. That was nothing short of amazing. Whether or not NASCAR makes a rule against this or not, we will see this clip for many years to come. And rightfully so. That was amazing.

It was cool as hell. But do we really want every driver left on the track doing it next time we go to Martinsville on the last lap?
I don't have a problem with it. Larson tried it last year at Darlington and it just didn't work. I think some are ticked off because he was able to know Denny out of the playoffs by doing it.

IIRC, Carl Edwards tried a similar, but different, move. Seems like he tried to go hard into the corner, bounce off the wall, and try to pass for the win. It just didn't work.

I don't have a problem with it. Larson tried it last year at Darlington and it just didn't work. I think some are ticked off because he was able to know Denny out of the playoffs by doing it.
I was happy he kicked Denny out. Has nothing to do with that Lol.

But I’d rather not have 25 cars doing it all at once on the last turn of every martinsville race.

Reactions: warrior_SW
Most guys wouldn't attempt it under any circumstances and especially a normal race but that was for a chance to race for a championship. I mean he could have went the Ty Gibbs route and took out enough cars to advance.

I was happy he kicked Denny out. Has nothing to do with that Lol.

But I’d rather not have 25 cars doing it all at once on the last turn of every martinsville race.
Because Ross did it once doesn't mean NASCAR should have a knee jerk reaction thinking 2/3 of the field will do it the next time or anytime again unless something big is on the line. Besides what is the difference in 25 cars running the white line or 25 running against the wall?

Most guys wouldn't attempt it under any circumstances and especially a normal race but that was for a chance to race for a championship. I mean he could have went the Ty Gibbs route and took out enough cars to advance.
You’re naive if you don’t think drivers will be doing that to win there if they are within 1.5 seconds of the lead. Ross literally could have went from 20th to the lead if the field had been all bunched up in that turn.

And guys who have no interest doing it will have to do it to defend from the drivers who decide to do it.

Because Ross did it once doesn't mean NASCAR should have a knee jerk reaction thinking 2/3 of the field will do it the next time or anytime again unless something big is on the line. Besides what is the difference in 25 cars running the white line or 25 running against the wall?
One takes skill and the other doesn’t lol.

Both are part of the track. So going forward you think guys shouldn't be allowed to run at the wall at Darlington since it is faster than the bottom?
You’re comparing riding the very top lane to pegging the throttle, taking your hands off the steering wheel and letting the wall drive the car?

The move was awesome, I hope Ross wins the championship. It’ll go down as maybe the best move in the history of NASCAR.

But, now that it’s been successfully done, there should be a rule against it. Like most things throughout NASCAR’s history. You find a gray area, they make a rule.

Drivers will be told to watch for it by their spotters now. Just move up a bit and they'll either back off or they'll push you ahead of them. It's not like it's going to happen on any other lap than the last one, and I can't imagine it would work on most tracks anyway.

I watch racing to be entertained and that was entertaining more so than wrecking someone intentionally like Ty Gibbs did Saturday.
100% agree. It was cool af.

Just don’t know that you want that as an option coming back to that track in the future.

We will see what NASCAR does. It certainly will go down as a historic move regardless if Ross wins it all or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT