ADVERTISEMENT

Montgomery?

He doesn't even have to score double figures, just DEFEND AND REBOUND!!!!! He had 5 rebounds in 26 minutes and we gave up TWENTY Offensive Rebounds!!!! How this kid thought he was ready for the NBA is beyond comprehension!!! His shooting has been PITIFUL, yet he continues to throw up bricks!!

He has been a HUGE disappointment this season!!

Last edited:
EJ is too nice . Good guy I'd guess , but nice guys finish last in big boy basketball. I've stated it a few times -- He's either A) terribly out of shape B) he has asthma ? breathing issues C). flat out lazy But I watched him in Vegas struggle BAD to get up and down the court .. he just doesnt have any stamina or ability to maintain any mental focus .. shame , has some basketball talent .

Not sure what Cal can do about it. Sestina cant play D and Brooks and Whitney couldnt hit the broad side of a barn if their life depended on it.
oh but Cal as usual says this is his best shooting team ever lol

Did anyone notice when Quickley hit the game tying shot he was the only one on the bench not standing and cheering

He's not good, but he's a lot better than Whitney and Brooks.

Of course the biggest issue is lack of coaching which is inexcusable.

Gotta be the laziest/most lethargic/laid back player I can remember forever. What's the deal? Is this it from him? Is there hope for change?
I was thinking LeRon Ellis but at least he could play a bit.

He's not good, but he's a lot better than Whitney and Brooks.

Of course the biggest issue is lack of coaching which is inexcusable.
I doubt that Whitney could start for Bellarmine.

He’s soft. Plain and simple. Not sure you can coach the soft out of a player.

So tired of watching him not finish in the paint. Usually the biggest guy on the court, and he dunks nothing.
That plus his jump shots that usually clang off the back of the rim.

Reactions: IrishMike409
EJ does some good things but it's to late lots of times, When you get in close for put backs or make a move in close you have to dunk the ball. Cal should tell him next time he is close enough to dunk it and don't he's coming out. He's not the only one either, the thing that bothers me the most is our inability to hold a lead, we always let the other team back in it.

Reactions: IrishMike409
We need to start recruiting a few big mean tough mfers to put on these rosters.

I don’t care about star ratings. Can you rebound? Can you dunk? Can you play with energy and lay someone on their ass?

how about recruiting basketball players for a change.....you know guys that can shoot, understand the game, know how to rebound & most of all play hard
not just guys that can run & jump

Montgomery, Whitney & Brooks...…..severly over rated

Reactions: ScrooDook92
bernard-montgomery-large-56a61b685f9b58b7d0dff27b.jpg

He’d rather shoot 20 footers than get his 7 foot ass down low. And cal lets him is the puzzling part. Dude is soft as charmin.
Cal realized he made a mistake with Skal by not letting him shoot jumpers and he said he won’t make that same mistake again. Difference is Skal actually made a few every now and then whereas EJ has made like three in his career yet keeps firing away. Not sure what he thinks he’s showing scouts by not being able to shoot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT