ADVERTISEMENT

Why did Cal even bother to recruit Big Z?

Remember "FREE BIG Z?" This saga lasted for months, BBN spent thousands on a billboard. The NCAA got a media black eye over it. This kid played Euro ball and had a smashing debut.

So why does he get in for two minutes yesterday? I watched the game and he didn't play badly. He's clearly getting the Hopkins treatment. You have a 5th year SENIOR named Mitchell (not to mention Bradshaw) who laid an egg last night but Big Z can't even sniff 5 minutes? You're playing guys 40+ minutes due to injuries, and you have Dilly cramping and Thiero in pain, but Z is on the freaking BENCH?

There's absolutely no excuse for this. It's infuriating to see Cal ignoring a talented freshman in favor of others who aren't as good. And don't try this "he's not ready yet" bullcrap. The season is effectively over, we're losing to unranked teams at home now. There's no reason whatsoever not to find him at least 10 minutes to get acclimated to the games. Cal gave Edwards and Bradshaw far more leash and they both have less potential. We were neck and neck with Georgia before Big Z went on his tear, and we could have used him in the last three games.

I feel sorry for the poor devils who donated money to the billboard. You got played for suckers by a multibazillionaire who doesn't give a crap about anything but his dogs.

What's the point of recruiting a one and done that you have no intention of playing?
Because Cal is not a good coach, and everyone knows it- we have fallen mightily the past 8-9 years and not looking any better as long as he is there

What do you know about Klutch?
Have you researched them and found out things you don't like.
If you could link an article detailing shady or bad business practices by them I would be interested in reading it.
If not Klutch then who?
Which agency do you recommend our players sign with?
Or do you think it's bullshit that they have representation period?
😂😂😂😂 Your head must be buried in the sand…. Or buried up someone’s a$$ you take your pick……

Do you honestly know anything about them?
Are they different from the agency that reps DJ?
You saw what Big Z did against Georgia. You KNOW he hasn't been given anything more than 6 or so minutes per game since. You really think that was a fluke? Go ahead, give me another reason to block yet another idiot.

Remember "FREE BIG Z?" This saga lasted for months, BBN spent thousands on a billboard. The NCAA got a media black eye over it. This kid played Euro ball and had a smashing debut.

So why does he get in for two minutes yesterday? I watched the game and he didn't play badly. He's clearly getting the Hopkins treatment. You have a 5th year SENIOR named Mitchell (not to mention Bradshaw) who laid an egg last night but Big Z can't even sniff 5 minutes? You're playing guys 40+ minutes due to injuries, and you have Dilly cramping and Thiero in pain, but Z is on the freaking BENCH?

There's absolutely no excuse for this. It's infuriating to see Cal ignoring a talented freshman in favor of others who aren't as good. And don't try this "he's not ready yet" bullcrap. The season is effectively over, we're losing to unranked teams at home now. There's no reason whatsoever not to find him at least 10 minutes to get acclimated to the games. Cal gave Edwards and Bradshaw far more leash and they both have less potential. We were neck and neck with Georgia before Big Z went on his tear, and we could have used him in the last three games.

I feel sorry for the poor devils who donated money to the billboard. You got played for suckers by a multibazillionaire who doesn't give a crap about anything but his dogs.

What's the point of recruiting a one and done that you have no intention of playing?

I'm done with Cal. Still cheering the team on, and hope he can turn this around, but I'm just done worrying about what he does and why. Just patiently waiting until he leaves at this point.

Cal recruited Z 1. To get the fans off his ass. 2 As a hedge in case Bradshaw and UGO didn't get healthy. Most of the game where Z went off he was at the 4. In the games since Cal has mainly had him at the 5 under the basket. Result he has taken a total of 1 ,3 point shots. A good coach or even one who had any intention to incorporating Z in the offense would put him in a spot that accentuates the kids STRENGHTS. Cal has not ,the kids actual talents are wasted since Cal will not play him properly.
100%

Reactions: ala_kat2
Cal recruited Z 1. To get the fans off his ass. 2 As a hedge in case Bradshaw and UGO didn't get healthy. Most of the game where Z went off he was at the 4. In the games since Cal has mainly had him at the 5 under the basket. Result he has taken a total of 1 ,3 point shots. A good coach or even one who had any intention to incorporating Z in the offense would put him in a spot that accentuates the kids STRENGHTS. Cal has not ,the kids actual talents are wasted since Cal will not play him properly.
Not the first time Cal has done this to a kid. Big Z would probably thrive in Gonzaga’s offense.

Reactions: tomrain
Mitchell should be the 4 always and backed up by big Z.

Yenso should start at 5 with Bradshaw as his backup or Thiero if needed for bigger thicker guys.

Reactions: jedwar

I have a lot of issues with Cal, this ain't one of them. I have wished small ball w Tre at the 5. I like Ugo's development though. Saying this, Big Z needs a lot of work, especially on the defense end

Z is a good 3pt shooter. He's probably about a 35-40% guy from that range over a season........... he's only shot 1.. 0-1 in these past 3 games. 3-3 in the first one. So he's 75% on the season and we arent getting him 3pt shots.
In Europe he averaged 30.3% from 3. I highly doubt he is anywhere near 40% on a normal sample size. The expectations people put on Big Z after his debut are super unrealistic. He isn't a unicorn or some offensive juggernaut, he is a 7'2 player with some basketball skills and ability. There is a reason his twin brother is still playing in Europe. Neither of them is NBA ready.

BTW Z is 5 for 7 from 3, not 3 for 4.

In Europe he averaged 30.3% from 3. I highly doubt he is anywhere near 40% on a normal sample size. The expectations people put on Big Z after his debut are super unrealistic. He isn't a unicorn or some offensive juggernaut, he is a 7'2 player with some basketball skills and ability. There is a reason his twin brother is still playing in Europe. Neither of them is NBA ready.

BTW Z is 5 for 7 from 3, not 3 for 4.
Euro league distance is over a foot longer. And you can pretend you know what Z would shoot in a larger sample size, but you have no idea. And your buddy Cal will never let us find out because he is terrified of being shown up.

Z is better per minute in scoring and rebounds than the other two 7 footers. That's a fact.

• Love
Reactions: Bluegrass79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT