Potential Change to Starting 5

Lets just have fun with this:
NEW Starting LINEUP
Center UGO
Power FWD BRADSHAW
Sm FWD BIG Z
Shoot Guard REEVES
Point Guard Adou

Not going to worry about it. Game time comes and it will be the same guys. Doubt the Moon County Man makes any changes.

Bet we see another 15 or so line ups again today. Not as many as last game but still far too many.

Will be glad when he decides who is going to be the rotation for the run to March Madness. We should play better by then, I hope, always hope, hope eternal, heck Bob Hope (what ever it takes to get this team to be what we all know they can be).

I would be fine with Dillingham starting as well but the question begs (if true) is cal doing this because it’s best for the team or that dilly is the highest rated player on the draft boards.
Any move Cal makes is to be better as a team. That other stuff is simply lies from the CHC.

The majority of minutes on this team are going to Reeves and Mitchell. Where are they on draft boards?

The CHC can't even make up lies that make sense.

Rob
Reed
Reeves
Adou
Z/Ugo

that’s the best lineup. Could sub Mitchell in at the 5 and go small.

Any move Cal makes is to be better as a team. That other stuff is simply lies from the CHC.

The majority of minutes on this team are going to Reeves and Mitchell. Where are they on draft boards?

The CHC can't even make up lies that make sense.
No lies to be made. Reeves is the best scorer on the team and Mitchell is the most experienced calming presence you can have on the court. Do need you to explain though why Wagner averages more minutes per game than does shep or dilly? Why Edwards sees more playing time than he has deserved and why will Bradshaw continue seeing more PT than Big Z going forward (my prediction). Oh and Cals guys all start 😂. And for the umpteenth time, what the hell does your stupid CHC stand for? Do you even know?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
We have a coach who is more obsessed with nba draft night than we do winning titles at UK and you have the nerve to ask that? If you don’t think cal wouldn’t insert him into the starting lineup for that very reason you don’t know our coach very well.
This is dumb but I’ll play the game,

First, Rob is getting enough minutes regardless whether he starts or comes off the bench to show his tools/skillset that his position in the lineup has no impact on his draft stock.

Second, regardless of whether you think Cal has lineup issues, he’s not just sliding players into the starting lineup based on draft stock (see Harrison twins starting over Booker)

This is what I was thinking, have Big Z start
Z over Bradshaw would have the potential for more production and be a better fit but Cal ain't doing that. Edwards has to come out somehow for any change to make sense.

This is dumb but I’ll play the game,

First, Rob is getting enough minutes regardless whether he starts or comes off the bench to show his tools/skillset that his position in the lineup has no impact on his draft stock.

Second, regardless of whether you think Cal has lineup issues, he’s not just sliding players into the starting lineup based on draft stock (see Harrison twins starting over Booker)
You totally missed the point but whatever. Neither Harrison twin was playing near as badly as Edwards has been. My only point was if cal replaces Edwards in the starting lineup he will be replacing a coveted high 5 star recruit (who is floundering) with the player who has shot up the most on draft boards since the season started. Shep may be a close 2nd but not sure. I’d start Theiro though regardless (maybe not today since returning but certainly 1 or 2 games from today if he is still doing well).

Last edited:
You totally missed the point but whatever. Neither Harrison twin was playing near as badly as Edwards has been. My only point was if cal replaces Edwards in the starting lineup he will be replacing a coveted high 5 star recruit (who is floundering) with the player who has shot up the most on draft boards since the season started. Shep may be a close 2nd but not sure. I’d start Theiro though regardless (maybe not today since returning but certainly 1 or 2 games from today if he is still doing well).
Shep is definitely the player who has shot up the draft boards more than anyone else. He wasn’t even a projected pick before the season and is now being projected consistently in the lottery.

I agree Edwards should be benched. I don’t think Cal picks players to start based on draft status; I think Edwards has started because he was hoping he would eventually break through

Z over Bradshaw would have the potential for more production and be a better fit but Cal ain't doing that. Edwards has to come out somehow for any change to make sense.
Bradshaw and Edwards will continue to start. That is what they were promised, and ccccan only tell the nontruth to the fans

The best lineup has three of our four guards together, with Reeves exclusively at the 3. Reeves needs to get all of his 30 minutes at the 3 spot.

Let Wagner, Sheppard, and Dillingham split the minutes at the 1-2 spots.

Give Edwards the backup minutes at the 3.

That should be the rotation at the guard (1-3) spots.

Then in the frontcourt, we need to get Thiero back in the rotation, so maybe we need to go back to small ball and play Mitchell a lot at the 5.

I would figure out a way to rotate Thiero, Mitchell, Ivisic, and Bradshaw or Onyenso (whichever is playing best) at the 4 and 5.

Rob is out but Arkansas has two starters who are out today also. Edwards isn’t starting due to a “injured leg” but will play.

I stated in another thread and I will repeat here on the same theme; Cal's history suggests Edwards will be in the starting line-up against Arkansas. I hope I have to eat some crow but we shall see in a few hours.
I guess I can eat crow but the "Injury" for Edwards is very convenient. I did not anticipate or feel I get some excuse in terms of "unavailability" as the reason for his not starting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT