ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Draft Round 16 Last Round

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 1st MLB Draft. This will be an ALL-Time draft so you are welcome to draft any player throughout history. You will have 4 hours to make a pick or you will be skipped.

Dead period 12:00 - 8 AM

The criteria : "Who wins a 7 game World Series"

Roster - 8 Starters, 3 utility (bench) Pitchers 4 starters and 1 closer

Please keep track of your roster. I will not remind you that you drafted 6 shortstops :)

Draft Order

@jrpross - Babe Ruth, Grover Cleveland Alexander, Clayton Kershaw, Mordecai Brown, Ernie Banks, Kirby Puckett, Paul Molitor, David Ortiz, Dennis Eckersley, Yadier Molina, Scott Rolen, Juan Gonzalez, Jim Bunning, Steve Garvey, Bobby Bonds, Chuck Knoblauch

@drcats2013 - Barry Bonds, Frank Thomas, Steve Carlton, Reggie Jackson, Ivan Rodriguez, Jacob DeGrom, Ryne Sandberg, Catfish Hunter, Miguel Tejada, Kenny Lofton, Goose Gossage, Kris Bryant, Vince Coleman, Fernando Valenzuela, Keith Hernandez, Willle McGee

@hotelblue - Sandy Koufax, Yogi Berra, Justin Verlander, Aroldis Chapman, John Smoltz, Duke Snider, Vladimir Guerrero, Nolan Arenado, Omar Vizquel, Luis Castillo, Don Mattingly, Lance Berkman, Tim Raines, Jose Rijo, DJ Lemaheui, Matt Williams

@quest4#9 Ken Griffey Jr, Nolan Ryan, Mike Trout, Jackie Robinson, Mark McQuire, Sammy Sosa, Doc Gooden, Ron Guidry, Pee Wee Reese, Buster Posey, Edgar Martinez, Eric Gagne, Jake Arrieta, Billy Hamilton, Edgar Renteria

@GoBigBlue712 - Hank Aaron, Cy Young, Tony Gwynn, Derek Jeter, Ed Walsh, Harmon Killebrew, Madison Bumgarner, Jim Edmonds, Thurman Munson, Dustin Pedroia, Lou Brock, Hoyt Wilhelm, Johnny Mize, Ralph Kiner, Harry Breechen, Javier Baez

@jcrow10 - Willie Mays, Ichiro Suzuki, Barry Larkin, Roy Halladay, Adrian Beltre, Roy Campanella, Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia, Joey Votto, Johan Santana, Moises Alou, Francisco Rodriguez, Eric Davis, Don Drysdale, Victor Martinez, Maury Wills

@BigBlueFanGA - Walter Johnson, Ricky Henderson, Rod Carew, George Brett, Roberto Alomar, Satchel Paige, Mike Piazza, Carlos Beltran, Rollie Fingers, Arky Vaughn, Fergie Jenkins, Dave Winfield, Richie Ashburn, Smoky Joe Wood, Ron Santo, Harry Heilman

@CB3UK - Ty Cobb, Christy Matthewson, Alex Rodriquez, Manny Ramirez, Tom Glavine, Jeff Bagwell, Gary Carter, Nomar Garciaparra, Trevor Hoffman, Mike Mussina, Bret Saberhagen, Chase Utley, Vada Pinson, Bryce Harper, George Foster, Joe Carter

@JHannibalSmith - Lou Gehrig, Pedro Martinez, Max Scherzer, Miguel Cabrera, Al Simmons, Carl Hubbell, Craig Biggio, Mickey Cochrane, Hank Greenberg, Albert Belle, Lefty Gomez, Frankie Frisch, Paul Waner, Joe Cronin, Manny Machado, Craig Kimbrel

@LukaszObrzut - Ted Williams, Honus Wagner, Mariano Rivera, Curt Schilling, Jim Palmer, Wade Boggs, Willie McCovey, Chris Sale, Andre “Hawk” Dawson, Bernie Williams, Tim Lincecum, Joe Gordon, Ted Simmons, Ernie Lombardi, JD Martinez, Giancarlo Stanton

@csrupp - Mickey Mantle, Tom Seaver, Jimmie Foxx, Joe Morgan, Mel Ott, Bert Blyleven, Carlton Fisk, "Shoeless Joe" Jackson, Jim Thome, Francisco Lindor, Kid Nichols, Lee Smith, Cody Bellinger, Alex Bregman, Ronald Acuna Jr, David Cone

@KopiKat - Bob Gibson, Albert Pujols, Warren Spahn, Chipper Jones, Bob Feller, Dave Parker, Jose Altuve, Jim Rice, Jack Morris, Andrelton Simmons, Darryl Strawberry, Gary Sheffield, Steve Finley, Brian McCann, Alfonso Soriano, Tom Henke

@podgejeff_ - Roger Clemons, Rogers Hornsby, Frank Robinson, Cal Ripken Jr., Gaylord Perry, Eddie Mathews, Joe Mauer, Zack Greinke, Rafael Palmeiro, Christian Yelich, Bruce Sutter, Dale Murphy, Corey Kluber, Alan Trammell, Gabby Hartnettm, Andrew McCutchen.

@UKNorse - Greg Maddux, Randy Johnson, Lefty Groves, Mike Schmidt, Carl Yastrzemski, Ozzie Smith, Mookie Betts, Larry Walker, Todd Helton, Andruw Jones, Jeff Kent, Luke Appling, Joe Torre, Gerrit Cole, Josh Hader, Roger Maris

@Cowtown Cat - Stan Musial, Joe DiMaggio, Roberto Clemente, Eddie Plank, Brooks Robinson, Juan Marichal, Eddie Murray, Robin Yount, Nap Lajoie, Bill Dickey, Billy Wagner, Charlie Gehringer, Don Sutton, Ben Zobrist, Benito Santiago, Andy Pettitte

@BigBlueEric - Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Tris Speaker, Eddie Collins, Whitey Ford, Phil Niekro, Al Kaline, Willie Stargell, Don Gullet, Dave Concepcion, Fred McGriff, Addie Joss, Jorge Posada, John Franco, Tony Phillips, Tony Perez

Last edited:
Welcome to the 1st MLB Draft. This will be an ALL-Time draft so you are welcome to draft any player throughout history. You will have 6 hours to make a pick or you will be skipped.

The criteria : "Who wins a 7 game World Series"

Roster - 8 Starters, 3 utility (bench) Pitchers 4 starters and 1 closer

Draft Order

@jrpross

@drcats2013

@hotelblue

@quest4#9

@GoBigBlue712

@jcrow10

@BigBlueFanGA

@CB3UK

@JHannibalSmith

@LukaszObrzut

@csrupp

@KopiKat

@podgejeff_

@UKNorse

@Cowtown Cat

@BigBlueEric

Thanks. With such a depth of true legends this is much different than an NBA draft. We can go back for 100 years for guys that are known and appreciated. You can't get away with that in an NBA draft. Because of that and only picking out 256 guys, I don't think draft order will be overly important in this one. It will depend much more on putting complimentary players together, imo.

Also please try to not mention players who have yet to be taken. Not only does it keep things interesting you avoid someone snatching that player before you potentially.

Reactions: drcats2013
Welp, no surprise here. I briefly thought about one or 2 other guys but it was fleeting. He’s the all-time leader in slugging and OPS. Between 1920-1932 he hit over .320 with 40+ homers and 120+ RBIs in 11 out of 13 seasons. I’m talking about the Sultan of Swat, the Colossus of Clout, the King of Crash, the Great Bambino himself....

Adam Dunn

Nah just kidding. I’ll take Mr. George Herman Ruth.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Also FWIW, I see Im tagged in the OP, but I just wandered upon this thread. The tag never showed in my notifications. Normally they do, just tossing it out there on case that happened to others as well. Dont want anyone to get skipped because of some shenanigans like that.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Also it is the posters job to make sure they fill their team by position. I will not be reminding you on pick 9 that you drafted 6 shortstops

Reactions: jrpross
Im guessingnit has to do with the Rivals programming issues, ie same reason smilies are jacked up. Perhaps quoting a post by the poster would be the best bet for notifying? Just quote any post and change the posters name to appropriate draftee. Simple enough. Tossing ideas out there.

well...

my guy retired while on the hottest pitching streak in baseball history. won the cy young and ws mvp in the same season. twice. won league mvp as a pitcher. unbelievably, his last 4 seasons he had 1,192 k’s, a record of 97-27 with a 1.89 era. you can’t touch the untouchable. easily argued to be the greatest pitcher in baseball history. a member of the all-century team, and all-time team.

the youngest player ever elected to the hof....

L sandy koufax

@quest4#9

There’s just no way around it. He may have juiced but for my money, he’s the greatest hitter that ever lived. At his best, he posted a Ridiculous .609 on base percentage. I want to win my 7 game series, so give me the notorious Barry Bonds.

@hotelblue you’re up, man
btw did he win any 7 game series?

well...

my guy retired while on the hottest pitching streak in baseball history. won the cy young and ws mvp in the same season. twice. won league mvp as a pitcher. unbelievably, his last 4 seasons he had 1,192 k’s, a record of 97-27 with a 1.89 era. you can’t touch the untouchable. easily argued to be the greatest pitcher in baseball history. a member of the all-century team, and all-time team.

L sandy koufax

@quest4#9
If you’re gonna take a pitcher now, he was the guy to go with. Smart pick.

Hmm. We'll see how that works out.
The agenda is “best team to win a 7 game series”. You’re getting their production at their best and nothing else, and Barry at his best is the greatest baseball player of all time. If I’m punished for something that doesn’t change that, so be it. I may very well be, but it won’t bother me any.

Reactions: hotelblue
If you’re gonna take a pitcher now, he was the guy to go with. Smart pick.
thanks sir. in a 7 game series the pitchers should go early. everyone knows what wins in october. anyway i wanted 1 lefty in my rotation and my other choice wouldn’t have made it back to me either. guaranteed. but he’s an all-time player. even in a full season i would have taken him.

sandy kofax had 89 complete games in his last 4 seasons. that is a wilt chamberlain stat.

well...

L sandy koufax

@quest4#9

I was taking him at 9 if he made it. Nice pick.

Reactions: hotelblue
Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize he could control his own destiny and didn’t have teammates. In his only World Series he batted .471 with a .700 on base percentage. That’s just nonsense and you know it lol
it’s not. he was batting near or below .200 (something like that) before his juiced ws loss to the angels.

thanks sir. in a 7 game series the pitchers should go early. everyone knows what wins in october. anyway i wanted 1 lefty in my rotation and my other choice wouldn’t have made it back to me either. guaranteed. but he’s an all-time player. even in a full season i would have taken him.

sandy kofax had 89 complete games in his last four seasons. that is a wilt chamberlain.

Well I agree however.... this isn't a normal World Series. I do agree pitchers have the advantage typically but facing a roster of HOFers may be a challenge

he is arguably the greatest home run hitter and all-around player ever, even without a gun throwing arm. so arguably the best hitter ever also. but people argue that different ways. i’m just pointing out the facts against what you were saying. it was the obvious pick, and i would have made it if you didn’t. don’t get that wrong. you said something that to me was not the great selling point and i couldn’t help responding. maybe i shouldn’t have. i’ll just apologize. but these discussions are going to be brutal compared to bball drafts. there’s so many variables and we will be arguing through a plethora of major changes in the game and like (depending on how you look at it) 10-15 eras in all.

Last edited:
it’s not. he was batting near or below .200 (something like that) before his juiced ws loss to the angels.
I’m getting him at his best. If you want to punish me for his steroids which aren’t part of determining the best team, then by all means do. I drafted production, not accusations, which are not part of the agenda of building the best team. That’s my stance and there’s nothing else to argue on it really. Vote me out for the wrong reasons if you feel the need lol

he is arguably the greatest home run hitter and all-around player ever, even without a gun throwing arm. so arguably the best hitter ever also. but people argue that different ways. i’m just pointing out the facts against what you were saying. it was the obvious pick, and i would have made it if you didn’t. don’t get that wrong. you said something that to me was not the great selling point and i couldn’t help responding. maybe i shouldn’t have. i’ll just apologize. but these discussions are going to be brutal compared to bball drafts. there’s so many variables and we will be arguing through a plethora of major changes in the game and like (depending on how you look at it) 10-15 eras in all.
No need to apologize, man lol. I’m not mad at ALL. If it comes across that way I’m sorry. I’m just telling my thoughts on it and if I’m punished so be it. I do get what you’re saying though

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I’m getting him at his best. If you want to punish me for his steroids which aren’t part of determining the best team, then by all means do. I drafted production, not accusations, which are not part of the agenda of building the best team. That’s my stance and there’s nothing else to argue on it really. Vote me out for the wrong reasons if you feel the need lol
there will be no big tax on juicing imo. just a little when comparisons like to babe ruth come up. i shouldn’t have added “juiced” maybe because i watched a lot of those years of insane obp and i majorly respected him as a hitter. it was just a crazy amount of walks too. there did exist a knock on him about the postseason but that series did help bury that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT