ADVERTISEMENT

All Time MLB Draft Round 1 Dontworryaboutit23 vs. Jcrow10

Who wins H2H in a Best of 7 World Series Format?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
This is Round 1 of an All-Time MLB Draft. 8 Position players... 4 Starting Pitchers.. 1 Closer (No Bench)

Objective: Head 2 Head which team wins in a best of 7 (World Series)

Rules
1. Babe Ruth and Shohei Ohtani can only be used as either a pitcher or position player.
2. Arguments are based on career averages (No 1 year wonders)
3. Two Days of voting you will be allowed to change your pick and your pick is public.

Link to Playoffs click here

@Dontworryboutit23 - Hank Aaron, Cy Young, Roger Clemens, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr, Mike Piazza, Dave Winfield, Andre Dawson, Tom Glavine, Jeff Bagwell, Jeff Kent, Bert Blyleven, Robb Nen

vs.

@jcrow10 - Mickey Mantle, Pedro Martinez, Ichiro Suzuki, Jackie Robinson, Manny Ramirez, Justin Verlander, Adrian Beltre, Dwight Gooden, Joey Votto, Johan Santana, Pee Wee Reese, Joe Mauer, Joe Nathan

DWA is all pop, but no guys to get on base, I think maybe only 3 hit .290+. Crow wins the offense with better balance. I also like Crow's defense much better. Pitching is close, I actually like Pedro over CY in game 1. So the pitching comes down to the closers, have to give that to Nathan.

So even though I wouldn't have been for them years ago, I have to vote for JimCrowlaws in this contest, as long as he agrees to integrate his lineup.

Last edited:
Lineup:

1. LHB Ichiro Suzuki RF - .311 AVG/.355 OBP
2. RHB Jackie Robinson 2B - .313 AVG/.410 OBP
3. SHB Mickey Mantle CF - .298 AVG/.421 OBP/536 HR
4. RHB Manny Ramirez LF - .312 AVG/.411 OBP/555 HR
5. LHB Joey Votto 1B - .297 AVG/.412 OBP/342 HR
6. RHB Adrian Beltre 3B - .286 AVG/477 HR
7. LHB Joe Mauer - .306 AVG/.388 OBP
8. RHB Pee Wee Reese SS - .269 AVG/.366 OBP

Rotation:

1. RHP Pedro Martinez
2. LHP Johan Santana
3. RHP Dwight Gooden
4. RHP Justin Verlander

Closer:

RHP Joe Nathan

Last edited:
I think my team is much more balanced offensively as another poster alluded to earlier. I have multiple guys who hit above .300 and/or have an OBP of .400 or better.

Defensively, I think I have the better team with my only liability in LF with Manny. @Dontworryboutit23 team is a cluster-f*ck up the middle with Piazza/Ripken/Kent/and whoever in CF. Ichiro and Jackie Robinson would terrorize Piazza on the base paths.

DWA is all pop, but no guys to get on base, I think maybe only 3 hit .290+. Crow wins the offense with better balance. I also like Crow's defense much better. Pitching is close, I actually like Pedro over CY in game 1. So the pitching comes down to the closers, have to give that to Nathan.

So even though I wouldn't have been for them years ago, I have to vote for JimCrowlaws in this contest, as long as he agrees to integrate his lineup.
The lineup is probably right, I panicked on players and just always went with the best option on google, but pitching I think goes advantage me

I think my team is much more balanced offensively as another poster alluded to earlier. I have multiple guys who hit above .300 and/or have an OBP of .400 or better.

Defensively, I think I have the better team with my only liability in LF with Manny. @Dontworryboutit23 team is a cluster-f*ck up the middle with Piazza/Ripken/Kent/and whoever in CF. Ichiro and Jackie Robinson would terrorize Piazza on the base paths.
Ripken was good defensively and kent and piazza were good not great. CF could be Dawson or Winfield both played it at times. Your lineup is more balanced but I think the pop potential of mine probably got votes, and I think my pitching is better

Ripken was good defensively and kent and piazza were good not great. CF could be Dawson or Winfield both played it at times. Your lineup is more balanced but I think the pop potential of mine probably got votes, and I think my pitching is better
I was a Dodgers fan the early part of Piazza's career. And he was mediocre at best defensively, probably a 3.5-4 on a 10 point scale. Agree Ripken was solid/good, not great range, but he made plays he got to. Dawson & Winfield were good, but not good at the level of Ichiro, Robinson, Beltre & Reese.

But I am surprised DWB is winning this one. One team is going to hit .300, the other will hit .270.

Here is said poster of the opposing team essentially saying/admitting to my team having a lineup advantage overall…not sure what else to say.
I said you had a better lineup LOL not by as wide a margin as you want, but I think my pitching is better and in crunch time pitching is mor valuable but it’s close either way you gotta solid squad so do I

Reactions: jcrow10
I was a Dodgers fan the early part of Piazza's career. And he was mediocre at best defensively, probably a 3.5-4 on a 10 point scale. Agree Ripken was solid/good, not great range, but he made plays he got to. Dawson & Winfield were good, but not good at the level of Ichiro, Robinson, Beltre & Reese.

But I am surprised DWB is winning this one. One team is going to hit .300, the other will hit .270.
Piazza was tough, I wanted pudge but piazza hitting numbers were hard to overlook

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT