ADVERTISEMENT

Mathew Mayer withdraws from draft

Are you an idiot?
How you see yourself when you get all volatile in your replies:
star-wars-vader.gif

How the rest of the board sees you:

yVdpr7.gif

9.8 ppg on 41% from the field. Our savior.
Exactly, not a savior. But a nice complimentary piece that we don’t have.

problem is, would he want to go to one elite program with a pretty decent 4 already and so play about as much as he did at Baylor (18-24mpg), or go to another elite program that has no competition for him at the PF and play 30mpg?

Make no mistake, we need depth. We only have like two shooters on the entire roster. One of those is basically a walking injury. I love Fredrick, but it is what it is. We need another scoring wing. I know it, the staff knows it and everyone else should know it.

If we have one or two injuries next year, we are toast, the way the roster stands now. Cal needs to actually develop said bench, instead of the BS he pulled last season. We would have a bench, had he played a couple guys more minutes. Instead, Cal plays favorites.

The staff better know it. Still hoping (praying) UK adds another piece.
Well, if you remember, it was stated on HOB that the staff believed we were one good scoring wing away from being elite next season. Maybe it was Graf? Of course, SS would’ve fit that role nicely, but that’s not gonna happen. Cal can’t be gone soon enough.

Well, if you remember, it was stated on HOB that the staff believed we were one good scoring wing away from being elite next season. Maybe it was Graf? Of course, SS would’ve fit that role nicely, but that’s not gonna happen. Cal can’t be gone soon enough.
There are at least three players out there that could be that scoring wing; not sure UK will be involved but still plausible.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Whether you're looking for you see yourself when you get all volatile in your replies:
star-wars-vader.gif
Son of Saul Smith, Is that the best you got you little sissie. I'm sorry you come from such poor basketball genes and intellectual genes where you and your little sissies follow. You haven't a clue!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
To suck? We have no depth. I don’t understand what he’s doing.

We’re not going to suck. But it’ll be another season with a good but not great team. Come selection sunday we’ll be a strong 2 or 3 seed again i’m sure. but not in the conversation for 1. thanks in large part to an ugly early season loss in a game we should have won against (insert random bubble team) and having a good but not great conference season.

The cheerleaders will say “but if we win the sec tournament…!) completely disregarding a mountain of evidence in recent history suggesting the selection committee gives no value to the sec tournament.

This thread is hilarious. There are many things that Cal does that are up for debate and he does recruit over people but one thing he doesn't do IS RECRUIT UNDER PEOPLE. Please. We don't play in the big 12. This boy would get killed in the SEC. His stats are worse than Keions!!

Oscar Meyer was 2 out of 9 for 7 points at the Phog as Baylor lost 83 to 59

Keion was 9 out of 16 Fg 9 out of 10 from line 8 rebounds 0 turnovers 27 points as we won 80 to 62 at THE PHOG. WE RAN KEION OFF

Toppin was 4 out 4 in 11 minutes for 11 points. He was even more productive than the bologna man.

Give me Toppin

Last edited:
This thread is hilarious. There are many things that Cal does that are up for debate and he does recruit over people but one thing he doesn't do IS RECRUIT UNDER PEOPLE. Please. We don't play in the big 12. This boy would get killed in the SEC. His stats are worse than Keions!!

Oscar Meyer was 2 out of 9 for 7 points at the Phog as Baylor lost 83 to 59

Keion was 9 out of 16 Fg 9 out of 10 from line 8 rebounds 0 turnovers 27 points as we won 80 to 62 at THE PHOG. WE RAN KEION OFF

Toppin was 4 out 4 in 11 minutes for 11 points. He was even more productive than the bologna man.

Give me Toppin
Except for this kid can flat out score the ball, from all three levels. He can also handle the ball better than Brooks or Toppin. Funny, you mention Keion’s stats from his absolute best game as a college player. Curious as to what Mayer’s stats are from some of his best games. I’ve seen Mayer play and he’s MUCH better than Keion fvcking Brooks.

What confuses me is they were all in on that Baylor Shierman kid with multiple calls daily until he mentioned money.So clearly they seemed to think more was needed.

Except for this kid can flat out score the ball, from all three levels. He can also handle the ball better than Brooks or Toppin. Funny, you mention Keion’s stats from his absolute best game as a college player. Curious as to what Mayer’s stats are from some of his best games. I’ve seen Mayer play and he’s MUCH better than Keion fvcking Brooks.
Same variables buster, at Kansas, against same players, let's see if we go after him, betcha we don't. He's not helping us. He shoots 10 percent worse than Keion. Flat out score the ball my arse. He scored 33 points less than Keion last year when they lost a lot of scoring the year before. Your dreaming!!

Brooks is noticeable better

There’s no reason to believe Mayer is much better than Keion Brooks. He’s been in college 4 years instead of 3 like Keion. He’s never averaged double figure scoring. He’s not some great rebounder or producer at any counting stat. Honestly he has two above average shooting seasons from 3 as a role player with a memorable mullet on great teams.

He should be a desirable player for teams next year as a 5th year senior with big game experience that stretches the floor. But there’s nothing to suggest this kid is some superstar. UNC is a great place for him where Davis, Love, and Bacot can dominate allowing him to be a 4th option supporting type player.

To be clear this is not a post in support of Keion. It’s just being honest about both Keion and Mayer. Outside of 3 point shooting(which is very important for numerous reasons) it would be hard to say what Mayer is clearly better at.

Son of Saul Smith, Is that the best you got you little sissie. I'm sorry you come from such poor basketball genes and intellectual genes where you and your little sissies follow. You haven't a clue!!!
Darf you're all alone, your buddy bassy is banned. Keep up the name calling though...you can follow in his wake I'm sure.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Ooooooooh , not the Relative to you comeback!! Let me find the the first bridge and jump You big idiot!!! If you need someone to talk to Louisville has whole city full of tard fans like yourself who come over here that need friends. Can't yall get a chat room? Yall certainly don't know basketball!!
Calm down. I see simply asked you tell us how we ran Brooks off (your assertion).
Fact is, he has had a foot out the door at the end of the season, all 3 years that he has been here. If the NBA had said yes, he would have been gone 2 years ago. Sincerely, Blue "big idiot!!! Bigfoot. 😁

For the people who want Mayer, I’m curious how you’d want to split the minutes. Mayer has never had the opportunity to play much. Had seasons of 11,11,15, and 22 MPG at Baylor. Let’s assume he wants at least 25 MPG for a chance to showcase his abilities for some professional career.
He’s not a 5. I guess you could play him some at the 3 but really he’s a stretch 4.

So we’ve got 40 minutes to give to players at the 4 position.
Mayer- at least 20-25 MPG at the 4
Toppin- played 17.7 MPG last year almost exclusively at the 4 and fans wanted/want much more this year.
Collins- 7.5 MPG but presumably only returning instead of transferring due to his expectation that number grows noticeably
Livingston(I think plays more 3 but many fans want him at the 4)

It’s always easy to say “oh that’s a good player, we need him”. But to bring any player in you have to take away from the players already here. I rarely hear much about that in these threads.

Darf you're all alone, your buddy bassy is banned. Keep up the name calling though...you can follow in his wake I'm sure.
Your obsession with me is borderline psychotic. You know they see that don't you fried chicken. He just got time out chair like you always get. Yall follow me around like thumb sucking idiots. It's quite the bad look. I have no ideal who bassy is. I ride no buddy buddy trains like you do. You see I'm from Kentucky and live in Kentucky and was born a Kentucky fan. Have at it Fried Chicken 🍗 🐔

funny-did-someone-say-fried-chicken-design-jacob-hughes.jpg

Reactions: Ed323232
Is he really though? Meyer averaged 9.8 on 40% (!) shooting. That is a very low number to be shooting. Keion averaged 10.8 on 49.1% shooting. I would prob still take Mayer due to his potential but the way the players performed last season you could def say Keion was better or at least equal.

Calm down. I see simply asked you tell us how we ran Brooks off (your assertion).
Fact is, he has had a foot out the door at the end of the season, all 3 years that he has been here. If the NBA had said yes, he would have been gone 2 years ago. Sincerely, Blue "big idiot!!! Bigfoot. 😁
I’ll tell you how. There are a lot of UK fans that hate/strongly dislike Keion for his Rupp comments and the kneeling. In a social media age, or even if it wasn’t, Keion and his family are well aware of that. He wasn’t/isn’t a good enough player for his fan support to overcome those feelings many had.

It’s best for everyone to move on for basketball and non basketball reasons. But it would be looking the other way to not acknowledge that Keion didn’t have the fan support that a 3 year in program player would normally have for more than just his play on the court.

I’ll tell you how. There are a lot of UK fans that hate/strongly dislike Keion for his Rupp comments and the kneeling. In a social media age, or even if it wasn’t, Keion and his family are well aware of that. He wasn’t/isn’t a good enough player for his fan support to overcome those feelings many had.

It’s best for everyone to move on for basketball and non basketball reasons. But it would be looking the other way to not acknowledge that Keion didn’t have the fan support that a 3 year in program player would normally have for more than just his play on the court.
Oh, I acknowledge those comments from Brooks didn't sit well with me and others. But that doesn't mean I have any ill will for the young man. Beyond that, HE did or said those things. And like I stated above, he wanted to stay in the draft after his freshmen season, but it didn't work out. I mean if he felt that way about Rupp, why even come here? He decided to poke the hornet's nest. The Hornets didn't just arbitrarily "run him out." So I just have a hard time seeing Brooks as some victim here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT