ADVERTISEMENT

Mathew Mayer withdraws from draft

Those 2 guys are Adou Thiero and Lance Ware esque not like any of our other guys. No clear go to scorer? C’mon, Oscar was our leading scorer by over 200 points last season!!! Last I heard he’ll be back and be our go to scorer!

No point in arguing about the roster. Really the roster and all the arguing(not us or you specifically obviously) comes down to two guys, Wheeler and Livingston. Either you believe you have a 10 and 7 All SEC PG Bob Cousy Finalist along with a top 15 prospect/first round pick next year…or you believe those two are a midget that can’t shoot and an overrated Poythress like player. I’m sure there will be times next year when both sides of those players arguments look right. Hopefully for our sake as a team it’s the better of the two!
What happens when Oscar gets in foul trouble, then what is our offense or if the other teams go to a zone. We are in trouble!

Lets see .. A guy that started for a national championship team , or a dud whose basketball IQ would put him riding the short bus most days ? But KB jumps higher , but KB ruins faster , but but but .. you guys sound like cal. Hoops IQ seems to be seriously lacking on many players these days . Give me smart players for a change .
But KB averaged more points in around the same minutes, But KB shot better from the field, But KB had a better offensive rating, But KB had a better defensive rating...... those not valid arguments? "Give me smart players for a change". You know nothing about Mayer if you would classify him as a "smart player".

Wallace and Oscar are nit picking yes, but the statements are true. Everything else said is a legitimate concern
Of course, now post all the positives on each player. Somewhere in between is where the reasonable expectations are. If you live on either end of the spectrum, you are highly likely to be disappointed.

Each player has a list of skills that need improvement...every player in college basketball. I think we have a roster of good players as it stands. We could use another shooter or two and a quality backup to Oscar. But, which team couldn't?

He shot 40% from 3 the previous season, when Baylor won the title
That was when he shared the court with lights out guys from 3 like Butler, Davion, and Teague. Love, Davis, and Black are no where near the same threats from the outside as those Baylor dudes.

• Haha
Reactions: Occy64
Of course, now post all the positives on each player. Somewhere in between is where the reasonable expectations are. If you live on either end of the spectrum, you are highly likely to be disappointed.

Each player has a list of skills that need improvement...every player in college basketball. I think we have a roster of good players as it stands. We could use another shooter or two and a quality backup to Oscar. But, which team couldn't?
Theiro-developmental piece year 2 late year 3 could be a good dom Hawkins role
Wheeler- good play maker extremely quick runs the offense alright has limitations but would take him on the team
Toppin- great athlete, good defender, improving offensive game
Frederick- good shooter, good defender, solid piece on a team when healthy
Reeves- seems like he can score really well and create for himself haven’t seen enough to give a full take on him
Wallace- DOG, competitive fire, defense, good offensively, my question was only if he could a Number one option we will see
Oscar- can’t complain love Oscar would take him on my team every day of every year and not even think about it
Livingston- athletic, good defensive potential, questionable jump shooting could improve
Ware- hustles and plays hard
Sharpe- LOL wait never mind
Good roster with strengths but lack of clear offensive options is what scares me

Reactions: G-PIP
That was when he shared the court with lights out guys from 3 like Butler, Davion, and Teague. Love, Davis, and Black are no where near the same threats from the outside as those Baylor dudes.
Thanks to Hubert Davis and Jeff Lebo (2 of the best shooters in UNC history) the players you named all improved their 3pt % last season. Love went up 10%. Davis went up 4.4%. Black went up 11%. Even Brady Manek improved 3% to shoot a career high.

Hopefully Hubert and Lebo continue to teach the players how to be better shooters, and we continue to see improvements. If Mayer joins the team, I would expect to see him shooting closer to his junior year %.

It's also worth noting that having a big man like Bacot to collapse the defense generally results in good 3pt looks for shooters.

But KB averaged more points in around the same minutes, But KB shot better from the field, But KB had a better offensive rating, But KB had a better defensive rating...... those not valid arguments? "Give me smart players for a change". You know nothing about Mayer if you would classify him as a "smart player".
My bad , KB was obviously a hoops Einstein . Its those ratings . They cant be questioned . And Wheeler is a Cousy finalist too . SMH .

We’re not going to suck. But it’ll be another season with a good but not great team. Come selection sunday we’ll be a strong 2 or 3 seed again i’m sure. but not in the conversation for 1. thanks in large part to an ugly early season loss in a game we should have won against (insert random bubble team) and having a good but not great conference season.

The cheerleaders will say “but if we win the sec tournament…!) completely disregarding a mountain of evidence in recent history suggesting the selection committee gives no value to the sec tournament.
And then when we lose in the SEC tournament they’ll say “no big deal, 96 and 2012 lost in the SEC tournament, too!” That’s what they did this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT